+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JailBreak!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default JailBreak!

The Iguana escaped! Details pending!

K

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: JailBreak!

oohhhh no. lizard escapee... hope he gets found... when i was in grade 5 i got to take care of the class hamster for spring or summer break... no clue which one... he escaped one day and was gone for a few days... we FOUND him amazingly... gave him a cracker to eat after we stuck him safely back in his cage... stuffed his face full of food, and shoved the cracker in there, it stuck out sideways in his little cheek pouch... so fuckin funny...
    stupid hamster hahaa...

Okay details-

For the winter we move the lizard guy inside. His indoor abode was assembled rather hastily and really without proper measuring. It was originally designed to collapse when not in use. the result was that the lid didn't quite fit the way it should, leaving places with gaps as wide as three inches. Thinking 6 ft iggy wouldn't fit through we stuck him in side where it was 80* rather than 60*.

At first he had a space heater sitting near his cage. But since his cage is about 2 feet up the heater wasn't really making him much warmer. Brilliant me grabbed the step stool and put the tiny space heater about level with the cage (pix on my flickr). He livened right up having reached a good warm temperature. This was Wednesday. Wednesday night he found the first gap near the door and was halfway out the gap and nearly onto the chandelier. Open box- reinsert lizard- close box and block gap.

He spent the next four days not eating, and testing the other walls of the cage. Plotting.

Yesterday, Rob and I left the house around 1:30pm to go run errands and get me a new job (yay!). We got home around 4pm. I went looking for the vacuum to vacuum my new (spot free) rug. I stop to say "Hi" to the bad lizard and HE'S NOT IN HIS CAGE! Instead he's sitting in the window sill about 8 inches above his cage roof! The only person who can handle this lizard without being on the reciving end of a four foot whip of muscle and scales is Mom. Mom is at work. We call every phone we can think of and we're thinking of calling the lady who sits next to Mom in the office so she can go looking for Mom. Finally Mom answers one of her three phones and nearly had a hear attack when we told her of Sugar Bear's escape arts. (yes that's the lizard's name- stupid, huh? Well, I didn't name him or he'd be Leviathan.)

He's back outside we're building him an addition that will be the equivilant of an indoor cage and getting him a patio heater from the lawn and garden store.

Stupid Lizard. Even stupider Mom for shoddy building.

k

ahhh shit... so not only is he an escape artist, hes a bitch with strangers hey... not cool. and... sugar bear... heh... wtf. how big is he really? sounds kinda gigantic if youre keeping him outside.

Open box- reinsert lizard- close box
    that... made me laugh. just sounds really funny to me hahaa...
    damn lizard...

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

sugar bear. o.o
    wtf?

why did she name it sugarbear.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

he heh. sugar bear as a name for a lizard made me laugh, althogh one of my kitties' names is izzy and everyone assumes he's a girl because of grey's anatomy even though he's a boy and was names way before that show came out.

hopefully sugar bear has no further escpe plans!

Suger Bear - I have no idea why she named him that. Her bearded dragon's name is Tiger. I think she's out to confuse the poor dears. Pics

Under Pets that Pose there are pics of all the menagerie.

The big Lizard is about 6 ft from nose to tail - give or take a few inches. Going by the rings on his tail he's about 8 yrs old. We've only had him since February when his previous owner (who kept him in a box 5 sizes too small) came to a point where he couldn't keep the lizard any more. Mom voulenteered to take him under her wing. She's doing a better job than the last guy, but not perfect.

All this time we were thinking he wanted out of the winter home ot go back outside. Nope. He just wanted to be loose in the house. *sigh*

K

You know, more than once your title has regestered as "JailBait" in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    You know, more than once your title has regestered as "JailBait" in my head.

Heheheeee! Nononononono THAT thread would be posted in the OTHER forum. *ponders* Though I prolly wouldn't post any such thing as I'm not entirely sure it would be worth it. Now being jail bait - once a long time ago- was funner than fun.

K

wow... HUUUGE iguana... ive never seen one that big!!

and looove the fat kitty named zim haha!

Cherry~ Zim is my baby. Scared of his own shadow but snuggly and sweet and cutie. If only he wasn't 23 lbs....

K

jeebus... cat comes for snuggles... *squish*
    thats more than 3 times what my baby weighs... ahhh!!

+ Reply to Thread