+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring Crono Back!

Default Bring Crono Back!

WHY?! They need to keep making this!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Bring Crono Back!

*puts on gaming geek hat*

The project was a mod...and as a result they did not get the rights from the creators and owners of the project to do it. As a result they had to shut it down. It's called getting "foxed"...a term originating when Fox had a Doom (or was it quake?) project killed that was using one of theor properties (Aliens in this case)

However THIS project is not dead...it's gone internal as the development team will continue work and only share it privately. If and when it is finished expect bittorrent links to pop up all over the place.

In case some of you are going "What the fuck is this?"...this is a remake of a well loved SNES RPG that is by all accounts considered one of the best RPG's ever made. I'm prone to agree with that camp...it's surprisingly well executed and while has all the traditional Japanese RPG trappings it's also developed enough that it goes PAST the usualy cliche's much of the time. Worth playing of you consider yourself a video game junkie of any merit.

Chrono Trigger is among the best RPG's Ever Made, though I think it is THE BEST. I HATE Chrono Cross though. Chrono cross is just some collection of the garbage from Radical Dreamers, which is the true sequal to Chrono Trigger. In Chrono Cross, the whole entire story, engine, and all the stuff of Chrono cross are horrible. Akira Toriyama ( Name Spelling) , and the other guy that worked on it Left the project, since Chrono Cross was so bad. Either that, or the Chrono Cross was so bad because they left. Either way though, they said that they dont really like the Chrono Cross, but Do Love Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Cross= a horrible rpg attempt, where the world is saved by some idiot with a boat oar. Serge is actually cool in Radical Dreamers though. Chrono Cross is supposed to be in an alternate dimension to Chrono Trigger/Radical Dreamers, so doesnt really count in the story.

Example from In Game Story: In a Starting Dimension, Serge Drowns in a Water/Beach/Boat Accident, While in the other, He is still there after a decade later.

Side note: Lynx killed Lucca in that dimension, so Lynx sucks. The entire Concept of Chrono Cross sucked, since they simply took random sections of Radical Dreamers and put that there.

Sorry if that was repetative, or didnt make any sense, but I LOVE Chrono Trigger, and HATE,HATE,HATE, HATE, HATE Chrono Cross.

Exiled

chrono trigger was cool although not nearly as interesting as FF6.
    it always felt a little too childish to me, granted it is anime rpg...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yeah FF6 was quite an RPG...still the best in the series and a real shame they never used that format and style of storytelling again.

As far as Chrono Cross goes...I loved it, found it much more enjoyable than most RPG's of it's era with a well told story heavy on symbolism. I prefer the character designs in that game over the original.

Example of ways that Chrono cross was leftover scraps, or had tons of ideas scrapped:

In radical dreamers: The original story was very close to Chrono trigger, such as that Magil, or whatever that sorceror's name is in there, was really Magus in disguise in Radical Dreamers, another game, and some other, but in chrono cross, they totally scrapped that and many other of the plot ideas.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I have to admit, I would love to see a Chrono game for PS2. I have both, I would like to see Toriyama do some more stuff with the guys from the Chrono Series.

+ Reply to Thread