+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you stay cool?

Bedlamite

Default Re: How do you stay cool?

This is going to sound weird, but those pictures? They make me really miss having a real snowy winter. ( >< )

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Uhmmmm not wearing any or much clothes while home alone/in my room.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    This is going to sound weird, but those pictures? They make me really miss having a real snowy winter. ( >< )
    Awww, I have always lived in Michigan, aside for a few years in Maryland. We had Winter there as well so I have had Winter most of my life. You can always go somewhere else for a real snowy holiday someday.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ahhhh i dont like snow much but those are gorgeous pictures
    i like to eat snow with maple syrup mmm.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I try not to stay cool. i love the heat, especially after a long day(night) of work and having to stay up the whole bloody day.....by 7pm, the exhaustion and heat kinda give you a nice wicked goofy buzz that can only be tamed by an exciting epsiode of aquateenhungerforce. lol

no. i drink a lot of soda and iced tea and energy drinks

At the moment it is cold where I am but when hot the cold shower helps, minimal clothing and going outside at night; except to hang out those clothes I washed that I spent time sweating in. Which dry great when it's hot.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Awww, I have always lived in Michigan, aside for a few years in Maryland. We had Winter there as well so I have had Winter most of my life. You can always go somewhere else for a real snowy holiday someday.
    *grins* That's a good idea. It'll be hell trying to convince my Boi tho, he's skinny and cold-natured. He'll freeze his little bum off and whine. *chuckles* I've been in a variety of environs, but I'm in the South right now, and since things have warmed up, they haven't had a really snowy winter. Not that its in the least bit like the type of winter they had up in Vermont, which I spent a good chunk of my mid-teen to Twenties in.

Boi or boi ?

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    *grins* That's a good idea. It'll be hell trying to convince my Boi tho, he's skinny and cold-natured. He'll freeze his little bum off and whine. *chuckles* I've been in a variety of environs, but I'm in the South right now, and since things have warmed up, they haven't had a really snowy winter. Not that its in the least bit like the type of winter they had up in Vermont, which I spent a good chunk of my mid-teen to Twenties in.
    Wickedanima,
    It's very odd but you'd think I would have froze but I didn't. Some nights it was -30 F, I was fine. I was colder when I got back home, makes no sense, lol. You wouldn't believe how the air feels and smells that far North, it's amazing. Just remind him that there are so many wonderful ways to keep warm.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by seeker
    Boi or boi ?
    Both!!! ( ^_^ ) Unless there is some definition that I am wholly unware of. *nodnod*

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Wickedanima,
    It's very odd but you'd think I would have froze but I didn't. Some nights it was -30 F, I was fine. I was colder when I got back home, makes no sense, lol. You wouldn't believe how the air feels and smells that far North, it's amazing. Just remind him that there are so many wonderful ways to keep warm.
    Stop! You're making me want to run away to the Finnish North Pole! I hate these soggy Southern Summers. *chuckles* And that is an exellent idea. See? I always need outside help with these things.

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Well it's pretty darn cold here at the moment, it's coming into Winter which I hate with a passion. We don't even get snow, so it defeats the purpose of getting cold in the first place, I believe.

Anyway. When it *is* hot, I try to sit as still as possible, because if I so much as move my hand it will likely exhaust me. What can I say - I'm lazy and Summer is indeed a lazy time. Limiting movement will keep you cool anyway... why do you think cats sit in the one spot all day in hot weather??

And because I have skin type 1, I stay out of the sun as much as possible, because I could burn to a crisp in less than five minutes (no joke!).
    I eat loads of watermelon and rockmelon in Summer. I drink loads of cold water (I even do that one in Winter to be honest).

I swim in the late afternoon in the pool at my folk's place here, but I wait for the sun to go behind the trees so I don't have to worry as much about sunscreen. (
    I'm one of those people who gets easily burnt from the sun's reflection on water.)

And although alcohol does seem to make me feel warmer in Winter (mind you, it gets pretty damn cold here so I have to drink a lot to numb myself from the chills), but in Summer I just add more ice to my bourbon & Coke.
    It cools me off appropriately.

That's all I can offer...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

today I was in the upstairs bathroom of this townhouse with no air conditioning, I kept cool by going outside

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

my girlfriend who had very crappy air-conditioning taught me a nice trick for sleeping... sprinkle a little baby powder(talc) in between the sheets... not only does it feel divine,it absorbs any sweat making you feel much much more comfortable. (it definitly helped b/c i can't fall asleep if i feel hot and i did eventually manage to get to sleep)

+ Reply to Thread