+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it just me...

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default is it just me...

or is prince philip kindof an asshole?

Book chronicles Prince Philip's gaffes as he makes jibe at 2012 Olympics

Mon May 29, 01:47 PM EST

By David Stringer

LONDON (AP) - Prince Philip had not caused offence when he claimed he intends to do "as little as possible" during the 2012 Olympic Games in London, event organizers said Monday.

The comments came days before publication of a book which catalogues the prince's history of making verbal gaffes. The husband of the Queen said he finds Olympic opening and closing ceremonies "absolute bloody nuisances," in comments attributed to him in an interview with the Daily Telegraph newspaper.

Asked whether he intended to perform duties during the 2012 Olympics, by which time he will be 91, the prince told the newspaper he hoped to do "as little as possible." Philip turns 85 on June 10.

A spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace said the prince had granted the interview before his birthday and confirmed she had no reason to doubt the authenticity of the comments.

"I am truly fed up with the opening and closing ceremonies. They are a pain in the neck," Philip told the newspaper, in an interview first published in Saturday editions.

"Opening and closing ceremonies ought to be banned. Absolute bloody nuisances. I have been to one that was absolutely, appallingly awful," he said.

Jackie Rock-Doyle, London 2012 chief spokesman, said the comments were a "good thing" and would only serve to raise public interest.

"The great thing about the Olympic and Paralympic Games is that pretty much everyone has a view-from the Royal Family down," she said in a statement.

The prince's latest barb came before the publication on Wednesday of The Duke of Hazard: The Wit and Wisdom of Prince Philip, a book which celebrates six decades of his blunt - and often politically incorrect - comments during engagements across the world.

The 100-page book includes details of an infamous gaffe in Beijing, China, in 1986, when the prince told British students "if you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty-eyed."

It also recounts an occasion in Cardiff, Wales, when he addressed young members of the British Deaf Association who were standing close to a band playing steel drums.

"Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf," the prince told them.

In Hungary, the prince is said to have told a British man he must have only arrived recently as he hadn't "got a pot belly" and in Scotland, asked a driving instructor how he managed to "keep the natives off the booze long enough" to pass their driving test.

Authors Phil Dampier and Ashley Walton and the book's publisher Book Guild Limited were not immediately available for comment.

"We are aware of the book, but it is matter for the authors," said the Buckingham Palace spokeswoman, speaking on customary condition of anonymity.

just bored on yahoo.ca's weird news section...

Default Re: is it just me...

He may only be a Prince, but he's the KING of political incorrectness. Prince Philip is so funny, I love that fucking guy (Thanks for the tip on that book!).

The quotes they have in that article are not nearly as offensive as some of his other quotes.

These are good ones

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?" (1995)
    Said to a driving instructor in Scotland.

I just dont have the words, and my friend is cracking up too he is full blooded irish.

OB~26

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

That dude is freaking funny! I aspire to be more like him;]

HAHAA damn he really is an asshole! hehee thats hilarious!

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I think that he is off his "john-Rocker" and someone will "OJ" his ass.. While we sit around laughing our "Ted Kennedy" Off

if we all had a dollar for evey time hes made a asss of his self ,
    well we could buy gasoline for (i was gonna say a year but ) a month ...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well if you got that big of an audience, might as well say what you really want to

hahaa yeah i would... as long as nobody got burned too bad heh... im not really up for whole countries hating me

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

if it was that big a deal I'm sure his wife would have shut him up long ago

+ Reply to Thread