+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Amelia G

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Default For Amelia G

I don't know if you'll remember me, but I met you at one of your parties way back in 1992. I remember the Dead Kennedys were playing in the back ground and it was getting late and we were about to leave, when I heard this vioce yell out "O.K., last chance do we have any writers or artists here that want to be involved ?". ...I love that your still using my bannerhead.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: For Amelia G

Hi! How could I not remember you? I'm still using a variant on your artwork and I've been carting a sketchbook of yours all over the country with me. Maybe not as far as East Berlin but far. You sort of vaporized with your gypsy ways PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a care package! Somewhere I've got some sexy film of you. I should see if I can find it, so you can have an avatar on here.

I met East Bay Ray last year in a coffee shop and I was telling him why I was especially jazzed to meet him and there was something really surreal about it. Ah, the things that came from Cambodia . . .

Amelia, I just tried to send you a PM, so as to give you my address but I believe I'm not currently authorized. I would like to see the photos you have of me, I only ever saw the one that was in the first issue. As for my avatar, most likely, but we'll see, I haven't aged too badly.

One more thing, I would be happy to let you know what I'm doing now, or if you want, a history from back then to current, but should I post it here, or PM it to you, what do you think?

post it here to the rest can know about ya. Dont leave us out!! hehe

Even though you've known Amelia for years..welcome to the boards

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Jebadiah
    One more thing, I would be happy to let you know what I'm doing now, or if you want, a history from back then to current, but should I post it here, or PM it to you, what do you think?
    I think you should totally post a public introduction to tell the class about yourself If there's some stuff that's personal though, PM me too.

This is my intro, so hello everybody .

To give a quick past history, I was an artist on tour from 91 to 97. I met Amelia during that time, back when she was just starting up Blueblood, and I did a little work for her. As an artist back then I mainly made my money from tattooing (only originals), but I strove to be an illustrator for magazines and role-playing games. By 97 I was doing a circuit of Philadelphia, New York, Atlanta, and Seattle(occasionaly some other sites of interest), spending about a month in each.I stopped touring for mainly two reasons, one, I was road weary and two, I began considering the possibility, of some day having a wife and kids. And I knew that in the life I was leading, If I did get married it wouldn't last long, and if we had kids, Oh god bless thier poor souls! So I went back from whence I came, East Berlin, Pennylvania.
    Amelia, I think you were thinking Germany , its an honest mistake. But in my own defence, I have been to Eastern Europe a few times.
    To be Continued

Oh yeah, Amelia I still can't PM you.

A city in Penn. called East Berlin? Wow, I would abuse that too much.

^_^ Welcome, Jebadiah

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ahh wow tattoo artist type guy hey that rocks... hows it goin...

yeah you wont be able to PM anyone till you get .. i think its 25 posts... weeds out spammers... keep postin tho and youll be there in no time
    love to see some of your tattoo art!

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Welcome, welcome welcome!!!

East Berlin, PA? Hmmmmm.... I'm aware of California, PA and Indiana, PA.

To finish up my intro, I'm going to jump right to what I'm doing currently.I'm keeping this all short because if I let myself get carried away there would be alot more anadotes, but it would be a freakin book.
    I got married to a girl I first dated in 1986 (briefly), Sarah; shes the only person I ever knew who had the same mohawk for like a decade. We were friends all through the 90's, except for about 2 or 3 years; because we had sex. Once we started talking again it wasn't long before we exchanged vows. We have 3 kids now, and we're working on more.
    As for my art, I now work mainly with wood and metals, but I do pick up a brush now and again. In 2 weeks I should have my bs in industrial technology, and its from that college experiance that I developed a love for lost-wax bronze work, and glass blowing. My goal is to have my own art school/retreat within the next 10 years. I have a hundred acre farm, and a professional shop now, but to reach my goal I need more shops and more degrees.

And so, in short, thats me.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

You sound like a pretty awesome guy, and I'm excited you've joined us

+ Reply to Thread