+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How is Poop art ?

Default How is Poop art ?

I know that almost anything might be considered art to somebody, but I still think that that article about the janitor selling his fecies in cans to some museum for over 50,000 to 70,000 Dollars per can is rather stupid, and shouldn't be considered art! **

Default Re: How is Poop art ?

agreed

does anybody out there want my feces...only 5 bucks a pop..i mean..plop

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

it is what it is....in this case, shit.

but i can't stand people who go into museums and look at each painting and go "i could do that!".

Who are these fucking morons?! Why were they let in!?
    Why can't i use the money i'm paying in taxes to re-educate these imbeciles ?!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by 23*

but i can't stand people who go into museums and look at each painting and go "i could do that!".

How are they morons? In some cases it's true. If they mean from a strictly technical standpoint...then yeah. Art is not this mystery that's impossible to do...hell as an art student that's the first thing you do in any decent class...copy a master's work. It's the same mentality really if you have the right outlook on it. It's part challenge and part demystification....if you go into a museum and think everything is good and impossible to redo because of a variety of factors then you miss out on some key truths about art. Same with going in just looking at art on technical merits...both mentalities do not make one moronic...they just highlight how you see art. Not everyone can look at splattered paint on a canvas and go "Wow"...and some art is indeed overrated crap. But that's really all part of the fun.

Also you can't really teach art...you can introduce it to someone but you can't teach it like you would any other subject. Technical skills related to art you can...but the philisophical, emotional, etc. part of it is always a crapshoot since even if you tell the history and meaning of one peice of work someone will come along and see somthing totally diffrent or even more truthful and see past an Art dealers or artists bullshit about their work.

Art is a funny lil thing...has no rules, has no real sense of self, and best of all...anyone can do it...and anyone can talk about it and rip it to shreds if need be.

You know who the best art critics are? Not the ones who run respected art magazines or galleries, not the ones who teach it and have dozens of degrees, and not even artists who's work is respected...it's kids.

Take a kid to a museum sometime...you'll be surprised how they react and see art. It's quite cool and almost makes one envious in the way they can see so much more than adults can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    How are they morons? In some cases it's true. If they mean from a strictly technical standpoint...then yeah. Art is not this mystery that's impossible to do...hell as an art student that's the first thing you do in any decent class...copy a master's work. It's the same mentality really if you have the right outlook on it. It's part challenge and part demystification....if you go into a museum and think everything is good and impossible to redo because of a variety of factors then you miss out on some key truths about art. Same with going in just looking at art on technical merits...both mentalities do not make one moronic...they just highlight how you see art. Not everyone can look at splattered paint on a canvas and go "Wow"...and some art is indeed overrated crap. But that's really all part of the fun.

Also you can't really teach art...you can introduce it to someone but you can't teach it like you would any other subject. Technical skills related to art you can...but the philisophical, emotional, etc. part of it is always a crapshoot since even if you tell the history and meaning of one peice of work someone will come along and see somthing totally diffrent or even more truthful and see past an Art dealers or artists bullshit about their work.

Art is a funny lil thing...has no rules, has no real sense of self, and best of all...anyone can do it...and anyone can talk about it and rip it to shreds if need be.

You know who the best art critics are? Not the ones who run respected art magazines or galleries, not the ones who teach it and have dozens of degrees, and not even artists who's work is respected...it's kids.

Take a kid to a museum sometime...you'll be surprised how they react and see art. It's quite cool and almost makes one envious in the way they can see so much more than adults can.

i agree completely.

When i talk about people who say "i could do that" i am talking about the people who use that phrase as a dismissal.
    I have never heard it used otherwise but you are correct, it could be used in a positive/neutral sense.

These people are morons because they have chosen to go to an art gallery with the conception that art is merely that which is difficult to compose. They don't understand that the 'idea' behind a piece of art is at least as important as the line or brush techinque.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

i agree completely.

When i talk about people who say "i could do that" i am talking about the people who use that phrase as a dismissal.
    I have never heard it used otherwise but you are correct, it could be used in a positive/neutral sense.

These people are morons because they have chosen to go to an art gallery with the conception that art is merely that which is difficult to compose. They don't understand that the 'idea' behind a piece of art is at least as important as the line or brush techinque.
    Yeah those people do suck but I kind of like em at times since than can bring one down to earth so to speak...they help curb an artists ego. Lets face sometimes one needs to listen to those that don't love all your work to really see past it and toward something deeper.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i asked my friend greyson who is an EXTREMELY TALENTED artist to draw me a peice of poop. seriously you have never seen a peice of poo drawn so well. im going to frame it and hang it up in my bathroom when i move out hehe!

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

but i can't stand people who go into museums and look at each painting and go "i could do that!". Who are these fucking morons?! Why were they let in!? Why can't i use the money i'm paying in taxes to re-educate these imbeciles ?!

these people exist to balance out the assholes who paint a streak of umber across the middle of a twenty-square-yard white canvas and title it "Ascension of the Obsolete Pig God number 9".

and then sell it for $30,000 .

if there was a god of justice, Ken Done would be working in a toilet paper factory, creating stipple patterns.

Kill them and divide their assets. (Joke, but a solution that is quite reasonable! **

hmm... http://www.ee.ucla.edu/~simkin/true_..._fake_art.html not sure what to make of this...

hmm... http://www.ee.ucla.edu/~simkin/true_..._fake_art.html not sure what to make of this...

You should list what it is. I am kind of hesitant to click the link. **

Bizarre Star's Avatar Member

Thats rediculous. I would never ever buy that carp...literally! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    You should list what it is. I am kind of hesitant to click the link. **

+ Reply to Thread