Many years ago, I came out to Los Angeles to visit my brother at UCLA and check out the Sunset Strip. I was young, fit, and fearless (a foolhardy adventurer), so I walked all the way from the UCLA campus to the happening part of the Sunset Strip at night. One long-haired metal boy serenaded me with his sidewalk rendition of the Missing Persons song Walking in LA. I think he was disappointed because he usually met girls with cars. Not being a native Angeleno, I was baffled by the idea that walking might be somehow embarrassing.

Fast forward and I’m at The Dragonfly nightclub in Los Angeles and Dead Girls Corp lead singer Toddy T is telling me an anecdote about driving some place in his BMW. Which actually was one of the events which made me finally give up my rusted out Camaro for a gleaming black Town Car, four lanes wide. There is a bit more to that story, but it actually is embarrassing (not to me), so suffice it to say that it feels somehow fitting that Dead Girls Corp cover Walking in LA in this music video directed by Brian Cox.

Read the full article