+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do not open til christmas!

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Do not open til christmas!

Child Arrested After Opening Holiday Gift Early
    POSTED: 12:26 pm EST December 5, 2006
    What is the penalty for opening your Christmas presents too early?
    For one South Carolina 12-year-old, the penalty was arrest.
    A Rock Hill, S.C., woman called police and asked them to arrest her son who opened a Christmas present early after being told not to, the Rock Hill Herald reported. Police went to the house and arrested the boy and charged him with petty larceny.
    The paper reported that the boy's great-grandmother had specifically told him not to open his present, which contained a Nintendo Game Boy Advance. It was wrapped and lying under the Christmas tree, the police report stated.
    But on Sunday morning, the gift was unwrapped and the box was empty. So when the boy's mother found out, she alerted police, the paper reported.
    "He took it without permission. He wanted it. He just took it," the 63-year-old great-grandmother told the Herald.
    The women said that the boy lied to them at first, saying he was unaware of where the video game system was. After threat of calling the police, the boy apparently gave the toy back to his mother, the paper reported. But the upset mother called police anyway.
    Two officers responded and charged the child as a juvenile with petty larceny, although he was not jailed.
    The mother told the Herald that she didn't know what else to do with her son, so she called police. The paper reported she is a single mother and has been struggling with constant behavior problems from the boy. She said her son still showed no remorse when the police came.
    "I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."
    She said he has shoplifted, stolen money from her, punched a police officer and is nearing expulsion from school. She told the paper that she hopes this arrest will be a wake-up call for her son, because she worries about getting a call someday telling her he's been killed.
    The mother plans to have her son placed with the state Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia at his court appearance, the Herald reported.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do not open til christmas!

that poor child! lord knows i've been unable to resist gifts in my line of sight before, and i was never told off let alone arrested!

whether or not he has commited other felonys i doubt being arrested for something as stupid as this will scare him straight..but perhaps the embarrassment and constant taunting from his classmates will? lol.

It sounds like he doesn't deserve any gifts at all this year. He sounds like a rotten apple, who is in desperate need of a proper thrashing.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

we used to razor open the gifts then retape them after we knew what it was...
    multiple chages baby, im a felon!!! yeah

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I moved away from my Mother when I was 14, lived with my Aunt for a little while after that. My Aunt called the police to the house once because someone stole $20 out of her purse. It genuinely wasn't me and I think the officers could tell by how bananas she was vs. how bewildered I looked that she'd do something that asinine, that it certainly wasn't me. But, yeah... I could totally see some fruitcake parent doing that sort of thing.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Wtf...what a fucking nut case!! I use to do the same things when I was like 6-8 but I quit haha.

Synthetic.delusion's Avatar DJ Syndel

Holy Shit, that seems just a tad bit extreme. I mean, I've seen weird stuff like this happen before, but DAMN!

+ Reply to Thread