+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Awesome New Thread Idea

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Awesome New Thread Idea

Starting new threads is awesome. You don't just have to respond to what other people post. You can start your own conversation any time by hitting the New Thread button just under the header on the top left for General or Erotic discussions.

If someone posts that they have had a bad day, for whatever reason, it shouldn't cost you that much to have a bit of interest and give a bit of sympathy.

If someone posts that they have had a great day, for whatever reason, it shouldn't cost you that much to have a bit of interest and give a bit of congrats.

If you want to have a debate on complex societal issues, that is awesome, but it would probably be an awesome idea to have those debates in less personal threads.

Discussions of favorite bands, books, games, movies, make-up, hair dye, televisions shows, artists, etc. are all just hunky dorey too.

99%+ of you are totally perfect in this next regard, but . . . for the couple of people who can't respect diversity, engage in name-calling rather than expressing their actual points, derail too many threads, get butthurt easily and take things too personally . . . please work on respecting diversity, improving your communication skills, starting new threads for new topics, and growing a spine.

Thanks.

Default Re: Awesome New Thread Idea

Nothing big and exciting will happen if some of you insist on being tedious. I will just be disappointed.

Maybe I shouldn't have pointed out that it has been Blue Blood's policy to not ban people. I make an effort to be accessible and I've always enjoyed these forums in the past.

But I'm a busy person and I'm not about to start having to be a moderator here. My time is limited and moderating is very very boring to me.

If I have to select someone to nanny, they will be empowered to moderate as they see fit. There are a few of you who have always entertained in the past who could probably appeal to me if you felt the moderation was too harsh. But only very occasionally.

After years of these forums running smoothly and enjoyably, with no need for more than the occasional suggestion, it was my view that there were a couple of posters who lowered the tone a bit for a few weeks, but I have believed that the vast majority of you are better than that. If a bit of minimal exposure to like two kinda pathetic posters and one troll makes too many of you forget how to interact normally, I'll be disappointed. That's all.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

i think the last thread i started was about underwear weenie windows its hard to be the origionator of a thread when its much more fun just to make remarks on others without putting youself out for ridicule

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Nothing big and exciting will happen if some of you insist on being tedious. I will just be disappointed.

Maybe I shouldn't have pointed out that it has been Blue Blood's policy to not ban people. I make an effort to be accessible and I've always enjoyed these forums in the past.

But I'm a busy person and I'm not about to start having to be a moderator here. My time is limited and moderating is very very boring to me.

If I have to select someone to nanny, they will be empowered to moderate as they see fit. There are a few of you who have always entertained in the past who could probably appeal to me if you felt the moderation was too harsh. But only very occasionally.

After years of these forums running smoothly and enjoyably, with no need for more than the occasional suggestion, it was my view that there were a couple of posters who lowered the tone a bit for a few weeks, but I have believed that the vast majority of you are better than that. If a bit of minimal exposure to like two kinda pathetic posters and one troll makes too many of you forget how to interact normally, I'll be disappointed. That's all.
    So, just to be clear, making a joke at the expense of trolls gets you censored. Also, asking about said censorship gets you censored?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    So, just to be clear, making a joke at the expense of trolls gets you censored. Also, asking about said censorship gets you censored?

Just to be clear, although most Blue Blood TOS can be read like an ". . . in bed" fortune cookie by appending ". . . except for Rockwulf" and maybe it is not fair when multiple people copy the joke you already told and it makes the original joke stale. But the repetition made it tedious.

I know you are thoroughly capable of starting interesting threads. I hope you'll continue to do so. I enjoy what you have to say 90% of the time, although I think it would be mildly more convenient for layout if you'd resize your comics posts to 600 pixels wide or less.

It really boils down to a time management issue. I do not have the time or inclination to spend a lot of time parsing out how I personally find you, Ajax, and Raza extra entertaining, but, wait, Raza was insensitive in the DUI thread, so I understand Velvet's frustration but I wish it were not being expressed as an attack on Raza in a thread where I was asking people to be more sensitive to one another, blah, blah, blah. Not interesting to me.

Moderation has not been needed here before, so I know everyone here is capable of interacting without it when they want to, and I'm simply not about to get all up in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    i think the last thread i started was about underwear weenie windows its hard to be the origionator of a thread when its much more fun just to make remarks on others without putting youself out for ridicule

Your Garfield Minus Garfield thread was cool. It is easier to not start threads, and only post noncommittally in other people's threads, but I don't think it is really more fun.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

my threads never go anywhere...
    like my poor stupid cat. i thought it was a pretty damn funny picture, even if i did LOLcat it.
    but, i still try to post sometimes... i'm just really not that interesting.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

I might start a thread one day. It might even not be some silly news item I've seen on the web or something although that's about all I look at mostly. I am building a (hopefully) killer app so maybe I'll start one in the promotional board in a year or so to spruik it.

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    I might start a thread one day. It might even not be some silly news item I've seen on the web or something although that's about all I look at mostly. I am building a (hopefully) killer app so maybe I'll start one in the promotional board in a year or so to spruik it.
    An app would be cool. Baby steps.

I have not started a thread in a long time. I was on the fence about it earlier today. I felt one brewing, but I just wasn't sure if it was going to be good or not. So I didn't do it.

+ Reply to Thread