+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Perfume/cologne question

Mother Superior

Default Perfume/cologne question

Have any of you ever had a perfume/cologne you have always worn and enjoyed make you very ill all of a sudden? By ill I mean,light-headed, dizzy and nausea.That's been happening to me lately and I am not sure why. Any opinions? I am thinking a chemistry/hormonal change possibly.

Default Re: Perfume/cologne question

hrm..never had that happen honestly.. ive been wearing my "trademark" cologne of "Chrome by Azzaro". maybe you got a bad batch??

Maybe you drank some when drunk ?

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    hrm..never had that happen honestly.. ive been wearing my "trademark" cologne of "Chrome by Azzaro". maybe you got a bad batch??
    I wouldn't think so because I have only had the bottle maybe 4 months. It's Hypnotic by Dior... I have always worn vanilla, jasmine.. I ordered a new bottle, so we will see what happens. I have to smell that Azzaro sometime, I am sure it's delicious.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by seeker
    Maybe you drank some when drunk ?
    I don't drink perfume often. I will have maybe 2 drinks and get sleepy and or bored with it. I had Lemon Drops (vodka, lemon & sugar) when I was teaching some of my Finnish friends how to drink them when I visited them. I had 7 in a row, not really thinking how fast I was doing it, more on showing them how to do it. I was drunk. Finlandia is nothing to fuck with. I didn't get sick but I felt awful. The Sebor absinth is a whole other nightmare. Yuck, even the thoughts of the smell now make me want to hurl. My dreams that night were so amazing.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

well, perfumes are mostly made up of alchohols and floral extracts and you can acquire an allergy from constant exposure to things-maybe you've developed an allergy to the plant part of the perfume.

alot of perfumes are made with synthetic fragrances these days... petrochemicals... acetone is a common ingriedent... bleech!!! there's nothing worse than an over purfumed woman in an ill ventilated space...

essential oils are much better (except patchuoli bleech!, and double bleech!!)

Mother Superior

I used it again today right after I showered and went out, it didn't make me sick at all. I usually only use 1-2 sprays at the most. I believe it got on my outfit by my neck and I was inhaling it very often, that is what may have done me in.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    alot of perfumes are made with synthetic fragrances these days... petrochemicals... acetone is a common ingriedent... bleech!!! there's nothing worse than an over purfumed woman in an ill ventilated space...
    essential oils are much better (except patchuoli bleech!, and double bleech!!)
    Many of the perfumes I use are essential oil based or with natural ingredients. I don't wear just anything, I am very particular. The perfume in question had Vanilla, Bitter Almond & Jasmine as it's signature notes.

well theres your problem..it says poison....duh!! ;P

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    well theres your problem..it says poison....duh!! ;P
    You are so funny.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I had an experience Like this when I was younger, but a little different from yours. I used to wear calvin klien's escape parfum.Then one day at work a female coworker spayed so much of it in the bathroom It filled up the entire back of the store. It was awful. I got a headache, and felt a little nauseous. I could never wear or even stand to smell that fragrance again. even to this day, If I smell it or even something similar, I get a headache. For some reason CK's Eternity does the same thing to me now too.

I'm still fan of the Farenheit... but never had such problems.... alergy?

Mother Superior

I used the same bottle again that made me sick, and I was fine. Maybe I used more that I usually do,lol.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

posters leaflets
    nightly radio and television programs
    dead instructions in the use of such basic devices
    as a damp towel
    a damp towel lined with charcoal
    to be applied to the face and mouth
    when the beep beep beep gas attack
    warning signal sounds

- skinny puppy, "VX Gas Attack"

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I've had the same problem. I noticed I have to wear fragrences way below my neck so I don't feel weird. Although I don't wear anything alcohol based at all. I wear oils all the time so it doesn't happen to me too often at all.

+ Reply to Thread