+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Infomercials...

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Infomercials...

I must admit, I have bought a few things from informercials over the years.

I bought Proactiv, which in my opinion works nicely, as long you stick to the routine, if I miss a day or two, I get zits.

I bought Sheer Cover, which was WAY pricey, you can find the same quality make-up in a Drug Store. Which taught me to read the fine print about their 30-day supply.

I bought the Tony Little Gazelle, except at Target, not through the infomercial. And I like it, I use it a lot, but it wasn't well made, the timer doesn't work at all, never did, and one of the peddles had a chunk break off right away.

I was thinking about buying this new haircare system called Wen, I went to the web-site and read the FAQ, and it said for short hair use 16-24 pumps every time, thats crazy! I'd go through their 30 day supply in a week.

Anyone else buy stuff from infomercials or As Seen on TV products? Were the products worth it or were they deemed worthless? Does anyone just like to watch the infomercials?

Default Re: Infomercials...

That's funny I was about to start a thread like this, this morning because I woke up to a Ped Egg one..and it annoyed me. but didn't have time.
    They all annoy me really..because 90% of the time the shit doesn't work, or they keep charging your credit card.

But yea..never bought anything "On tv"..too risky *_*

Ooh.. the one that really annoys me is that little key chain "Sonic Listener" thing where you can hear "Pin drops from hundreds of yards away! Listen in on other peoples converstations! It's space technology!"

*cough*bullshit*cough*

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Haha yea, I've seen that one. I also had a problem with getting charged AFTER I cancelled on an item before, I think it was the Sheer Cover.

Some of them are just ridiculous, like the EggStractor. Its supposed to magically extract your egg perfectly, every time from its shell.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I'm totally going to get rich on foreclosed real estate.

Actually, I have a thirteen hundred dollar Platinum Bowflex knock-off in a living room. Some exercise has taken place on it, but I could hook someone up with a free one, if they wanted to cart it away and live in Los Angeles.

+ Reply to Thread