+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like to stay with friends, stay with family, or in hotels when traveling?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like to stay with friends, stay with family, or in hotels when traveling?

For a few years, I started to opt more for staying at hotels when I travel, but I recently started staying with friends more and it has been really fun. I love midnight conversations about life, the universe, and everything. Staying briefly with friends is like having housemates you don't need to argue over a chores roster with. I kind of miss having tons of housemates and a permanent party in my living room actually.

Do you like to stay with friends, stay with family, or in hotels when traveling?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Do you like to stay with friends, stay with family, or in hotels when traveling?

Unload the tent, pitch tent, park bike in tent, sleep outside.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Do you like to stay with friends, stay with family, or in hotels when traveling?

It depends what you're there for. Staying with friends is fine, but you never get to do the one thing you wanted to do - and that's sleep.

Hotels make you sleep out of pure, concentrated tedium; and that's perfect if you want to stay awake the next morning while a roomful of people argue over something worth less than the microsoap you stole on the way out.

I love staying with friends... and I savour the random conversations, and the path they eventually lead into.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Usually my vacations all consist of visiting family/friends. I stay with family when I am on vacation back home. Or a hotel when I'm in the bay area, usually the same hotel too, its super cheap.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

friends.

My Friends Phee and Rayne in Yipsi were the best hosts i had so far. its odd how similar myself and phee are in personality and my guess looks, phee's parents mistook me for phee at first when we dropped by to visit and help clear a maple of their front yard.

the conversations late at night you don't get in a hotel room on your own, nor do you get a kitchen to enjoy yourself in

When ppl stay with me, I love to entertain... I love to hostess.. and make the event as enjoyable as possible.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

It really depends. I like hotels for the personal space, but I hate getting up at a certain hour. I like staying with friends, because it's free, and I usually cook a few four course meals to repay my host/hostess... If I stay with family, I usually have a reason to; like some kind of family get together or something..... I love my family and all, and they are really wonderful people, but boy are they conservative. there are certain topics that are off limits when I see my father; we are both very stubborn, and neither one of us is going to change on certain issues...

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

As we only travel to Whitby, the landlady of the Bed and Breakfast has become a kind of friend, so does that count as a friend or hotel?

I prefer friends for couple days. Any longer than that then it's a hotel. Wait, there is one friend of mine for who I feel like for a family and I remember staying awake with him deep into the night and talking about deep things. One of most creative persons I know. We jammed couple times together and made amazing music.

+ Reply to Thread