+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mark Wahlberg Slams The "Ocean's" Movies: "The Second One Sucked!"

and your little dog too

Default Mark Wahlberg Slams The "Ocean's" Movies: "The Second One Sucked!"

from huffington post

Mark Wahlberg has been busy promoting his M. Night Shyamalan movie "The Happening," and he slammed George Clooney along the way.

Wahlberg had the following exchange with an interviewer from UK's Zoo Today about the part he gave up in the "Ocean's" movie, a part that ended up being played by Matt Damon.

Is it true you turned down the chance to be in the Ocean's films?

Yeah - and it was well worth it! The second one sucked! People tell George Clooney it's great, but we all know it sucked. I made two bad movies instead - Planet Of The Apes and The Truth About Charlie - but doing that was better than sitting with Brad and George, telling the press how great everybody is! "We were in Europe, George was funny, then we had some wine..." - that's not for me. I do love those guys, but I had to step out on my own.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Mark Wahlberg Slams The "Ocean's" Movies: "The Second One Sucked!"

not really sure how much discussion that this could generate, but that's a pretty amusing and not inaccurate quote.

Erm...the Happening Sucked too :^(
    And so did his video game...

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Not like his music was epic or groundbreaking neither.

I liked The Happening. I really did. Though most reviews I've seen would agree with you.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I think a lot of people did not enjoy The Happening because of the internet spoilers which came out before its release -- link

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Zooey Deschanel is in it, so I'm considering it.

well it's not really a good sign when the whole purpose of the movie is the twist, and so once you know it, there is no further redeeming qualities worth watching.

There's been plenty of movie where I knew how it was going to to end, and that was no deterrence because I wanted to see how it played out and came to that point.

This doesn't seem to be one of those cases as far as most viewers are concerned. Now whether or not that is fair, I don't know, haven't seen it. But you are right, the spoilers lived up to their title.

I like Mark W. He is well talented even if some of his stuff is not that great (who's isn't?)

I like Zooey, because she is super cute and Tin Man rocked.

I Like M. Night S. because his movies are crazy...I didnt see any spoilers before this movie (I try to stay away from everything as much as possible when I want to see a movie that looks really good!) but even M.N.S. himself called it a B movie.

Not that that's a bad thing..it's just it wasn't as great as his other first couple films.

Maybe next time :^)

I wouldn't say The Happening had a twist.

maybe not so much as a twist because it's not really like a surprise, but it does have a mystery and a solution. Why is the Happening happening?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

My sense would be Wahlberg and Clooney have laughed at this quote over cocktails.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

He had a freaking video game? How'd I miss that, lol. Thats crazy! Did anyone actually play it?

+ Reply to Thread