+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ...guitars

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Default ...guitars

guitars...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: ...guitars

those pics are way too big, be careful with that hello kitty guitar, they aren't very high quality and tend to need to be set up quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    guitars...
    I have a beautiful Guild guitar (not the GAD China crap) another acoustic exotic wood from Washburn (the guitar I bought to take to Iraq).... but due to my unhealthy obsession with 70s music and hot guitar playing chicks in bands I'm saving up for this:

DAMN YOU CAMERON CROWE! I have this thing for Nancy Wilson... Martin released the Nancy Wilson Limited Edition HD-35 a while back and I have been diligently saving my hard earned cash to purchase one... (no thanks to the writers strike and looming SAG strike for ruining my income)... the problem is, I have now developed this desire to purchase another guitar that will set my NW HD-35 budget back a few weeks or months... I can't explain it... I am inexplicably drawn to it... It has a power over me... DAMN YOU HELLO KITTY and your Minions of Evil:

oh well.... just pushed the "add to cart" button... where's my MasterCard...

now I need to finally take those guitar lessons... the good news is I found a teacher... Ronnie "10/10" Younkins from the 80s band Kix lives around here and teaches now... guess the supermegastar rock band thing kinda fizzled out a while back...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    those pics are way too big, be careful with that hello kitty guitar, they aren't very high quality and tend to need to be set up quite often.
    noticed that... fixed the pic size (forgot to "preview and just hit post" beat the 5 minute edit limit just in time...) hello kitty axe will be for the wall...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I have a Yamaha Classical Acoustic, Fender Strat, and Replical Hofner Viola Bass (McCartney Style). Right now, I just need to play more and start buying new electronics (amps etc).

*EDIT* Speaking of hot female guitar players....

Ruyter Suys of Nashville Pussy...

ah damn. I was going to see them with Rev. Horton Heat here in Minneapolis. They had to cancel due to a family emergency. They'll be touring together again later this year. Unfortunately, they'll be hitting IL in December and skipping MN this time.

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    ah damn. I was going to see them with Rev. Horton Heat here in Minneapolis. They had to cancel due to a family emergency. They'll be touring together again later this year. Unfortunately, they'll be hitting IL in December and skipping MN this time.
    i am going to have to download some of their music... came across them by accident today looking for a nancy wilson pic.... "hot female guitarist" google search... She seems to pop up on a lot of lists... apparently she performs in bras and leather pants... the pants tend to come off during performances... *sigh* i love dirty girls!

i am going to have to download some of their music... came across them by accident today looking for a nancy wilson pic.... "hot female guitarist" google search... She seems to pop up on a lot of lists... apparently she performs in bras and leather pants... the pants tend to come off during performances... *sigh* i love dirty girls!
    Definitely. That'd be a great show too.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

whatever, y'all.
    everyone knows the hottest female guitsrist is poison ivy. she plays guilds...and she has aged AMAZINGLY gracefully. i'm straight as fuck, but i'd totally do her.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I'm quite fond of Gretsch

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    I'm quite fond of Gretsch

been looking for a "real" Gretsch for a while... my sister took me to see the Stray Cats a long time ago (first concert without the parents)... even my mom likes Brian Setzer! A while back Mom and I went to Belly Up in San Diego to catch a Brian Setzer gig!

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    whatever, y'all.
    everyone knows the hottest female guitsrist is poison ivy. she plays guilds...and she has aged AMAZINGLY gracefully. i'm straight as fuck, but i'd totally do her.
    she is on the list!

LIST:http://www.outsideleft.com/main.php?updateID=291

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

i love old hollowbody's

but my favourate bass aside from my handmade accoustics (stays in the house, it just feels so good to play), my musicman stingray 4 with lowered action, a brass nut and i redid the pickup wiring adding a coil inverter selecter on one pull pot, and a phase inverse on another.

light, easy to play, and versatile.

i dont get much time to play anymore as i'm usually working tooo often to even think about starting on the rounds again, i was better at wireing them up and fixing them than playing.

whatever, y'all.
    I love The Cramps. Would fly home just to see another show.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

the cramps rock, gutted i missed an atlanta show some years back due to some idiot woman talking on her cellphone as she rammed her hyundai into my car at 60+ mph.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    I love The Cramps. Would fly home just to see another show.
    totally. I saw them every halloween for five years straight at the filmore. i'm considering a work trip to wherever they are playing this year for halloween.

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

One of the many wonderful people here in good ole dirty Atlanta G.A.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

used to play................got bored of guitar suddenly, sold them and bought a violin...............

totally. I saw them every halloween for five years straight at the filmore. i'm considering a work trip to wherever they are playing this year for halloween.
    Let me know if you hear of something. Their site is never updated. A fansite hints at some '08 shows though.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I have a SX standard. Its my favorite and It was my first bass.
    I also have a woodgrain shortscale fender to carry with me, but it need 2 more machine heads and I cant find the right size.
    I want to lern to make guitars and my friends dad (the guy who got me into playing music) might let me do this at his house if I try to make him one.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

My favourite guitar is this one. A Gibson Flying V New century. Never enough mirrors. Even the fret dots are mirrors. It's better than another Flying V I used to have from 1992. That's my favourite left foot as well:

My best guitar is this one. A Jackson RR-5. These are truly one of the best ever guitars for a lot of different styles of playing. Neck-thru-body. If you look at the reviews on the web you will not hear too much bad about them and even after several years they are still rating around 9.9 out of 10. I hate the gold hardware and the colour is a bit strange but I got it super cheap as an unwanted floor model. You need to shield the electronics better but that's about it. Made in Japan. The best. Sorry to say but these are as good if not better than the US made RR1 or RR1T ones and cheaper (they skimped on the electronics a bit as I mentioned but you fix that easy). They Japanese only went as far as 22 frets on this rice-burner rather than the US 24. Oh well. Seymour Duncan SH-4 pickups... Jeff Beck model... the best (well TB-4 to be accurate in this case - wider spacing on the pickup pole-pieces to match the string spacing... the SH-4 pickup is for Gibson type spacing and these Jacksons are more like Fender/Ibanez). Colour = transparent blue. Will look snappy if I replace hardware with silver or mirrors. It looks like this one:

When I had a bunch of guitars nicked once this next one was the first one I re-stocked with. Another Jap Jackson with a bolt-on neck and a Floyd Rose tremolo. Floyd Rose suck so bad but you can fix almost every shit thing about them by getting an after-market product from Germany known as a "Goldo Backbox" for around 30-40 euro-zlotys and installing it yourself. Guitars with Floyd Rose tremoloes and no Backbox can be tossed in the bin as far as I'm concerned as they are next to useless and utterly undependable. This pic is not my guitar but I wish it was as this pic shows an identical one except with funky reverse shark-fin inlays. I have replaced the crummy black plastic pick-up surrounds with supa cool chromies. I sourced my guitar from Wisconsin which is almost the same thing as the north pole from the perspective of Sydney haha. It wasn't the current model of the time... I chose the out-of-date model with cool chrome hardware but crapper pickups unlike the later models which had the better SH-4 pick-ups but horrible matt-black hardware. ick. i will replace the pickups myself maybe but they're not that bad anyway.

This next one I bought for my 13 year old daughter. An Epiphone "Emily" SG guitar. It's actually rather good for a cheapie from a Chinese prison farm. Great paint and well worth the money. To go with it I presented her with a funky little Vox 10 W combo amp probably from the same Sino-goulag. The cat that features in this artwork is one of Emily's called "sabbath". Love the catseyes inlay at the 12th fret. A totally cool guitar for a little girl but I wouldn't give anyone a guitar that I wouldn't use myself professionally:

I am also buying a 2nd hand Kramer Focus 4000. Good guitar - great price. Kahler tremolo. RR shape. Bolt-on neck. Sounds very awesome. In the shop when I was trying it out they were like "ooo that sounds great". Well of course.

Finally, here's some shots of me in 1988 playing my butchered 1967 Gibson SG. Even then I was using SH-4s of course:

+ Reply to Thread