+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you stay close?

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

Default How do you stay close?

So your laying in bed with your significant other and you want to snuggle what the hell do you do with the arm your lying on?

I'm a bigger guy and my bicep makes a great pillow, but her arm ends up curled between us, and that isn't all that comfortable for her. What have others found to be good alternatives?

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Default Re: How do you stay close?

I know what you mean. And it's very uncomfortable. I guess with me, it always starts out all cuddly like but eventually I just get frustrated and I need to have my own space. I'm a total bed hog.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I have no significant other. I sleep and drink alone.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I like to sleep like a corpse, she's free to do what she wants

Ok, here's what we do...
    I lay on his bicep or chest, and I tuck my arm between us at an angle. (I don't lay on my arm) Eventually it becomes uncomfortable, so then he becomes the big spoon, and I lay with my back to his belly (( and rest my head on his bicep from that direction. Its heaven.

However, it took quite some time in the beginning before we had our little deal worked out.

Sometimes I wished I could take my arm off, and put it back on with ease... provided it wasn't prosthetic...(not a derogatory statement, if given the option who wouldn't chose a real arm)

anyway... hubby has a (right) shoulder injury from a motocross accident, and I have a bad sacroiliac joint(bad hip w/pinched sciatic nerve on the left side) It just happens to be on the opposite sides, so it makes it very uncomfortable to lay on his chest.
    For the both of us.... thats the most bearable position.

We'll lay like that until it gets unbearable (unfortunately all too quickly)...then he'll roll over on his left side, and I'll roll over on my back all the while snuggled up to him, and conformed to his body, I'll angle my left leg, tucked up in such a manner that it sorta spoons into the shape of his legs.

If that doesnt make sense, I'll do my best to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    I know what you mean. And it's very uncomfortable. I guess with me, it always starts out all cuddly like but eventually I just get frustrated and I need to have my own space. I'm a total bed hog.
    HAHA we're twins. Sister from another mister.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i dont like to be touched when im sleeping..so we have a huge bed and pretty much stay away from eachother

People have said it. One of us can fit an arm underneath the other's head/neck, but that doesn't work both ways, so the other usually ends up with somewhat semi-comfortable placement.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

She usually leaves after I pay her.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

stay close....

your kidding right... with my rugged ugly tree descent looks

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

Its strange, with some girls in my past everything just fit, others it was like sleeping in a bear trap.
    Spooning is easy and great for watching a movie from bed. its the face to face cuddle that gets me frusterbated sometimes.
    I also have a shoulder injury, from surfing, and that really cuts the time I can stay in some positions.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

me and the boy both have old injuries from skateboarding. I have some others from dancing, and he has some others from snowboarding. snuggling is nice, but it really doesn't last long with us because we both need alot of space. I hog the bed, blankets, and sometimes even his pillow. and i absolutely hate being touched when I'm sleeping..... I mean seriously; I'm fucking sleeping!

as you can tell, sleep is VERY important to me. I sleep like a rock and hate being disturbed. the house could be on fire, and I'd probably yell at him for waking me up. I'm a cranky bear sometimes...

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

We just sort of fit together like puzzle peices. Not the "don't touch me I'm sleeping" types at all. We spend most of the night curled up in one position or another. Partly why we sometimes wake up fucking. That's always nice.

+ Reply to Thread