+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Astrology

Default Astrology

Have you had any interesting experiences relating to astrology? Do you think the time someone was born, the stars, or the planets can have an affect on someone's personality or fate? Do you know anyone who's chart seems to describe them accurately--or yourself?

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

Default Re: Astrology

I dont know much about it but I belive it.

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

There's some scientific evidence that the time of year you're born can impact upon your personality. Though this has more to do with various physical factors than anything that relates to the stars. So, for example, if your mother had a fever during the pregnancy or when you were born you saw very little sunlight - things like that can have a profound impact on you later outlook on life.

On the other hand a scientist did an experiment on the validity of astrology by putting an ad in the press requesting volunteers. They sent him their date of birth etc and he sent them back a free reading as long as they promised to reply stating how accurate it was. I can't remember the exact scale, but it was something like 'A = spot on' 'B = very accurate' through to 'E = totally wrong'. He got responses of something like 85% A or B. Pretty impressive, except he sent the same reading to everyone, just putting vague flattering statements down that most people think about themselves - stuff like 'you have a good sense of humour', 'you're fair but do not suffer fools gladly'.

In other words, I think there probably is something or other to astrology, but the vast majority of astrologers are frauds.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Not sure you will get clear answers to this question right now, what with Mercury being in retrograde right now and all.

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

Yes, I do believe Astrology can affect and/or create a persons personality...depending of course on what Sign they fall under. Of course, alot of people dont' see it that way, but we cannot change that.

Yes, I am a Sagittarius and I have had many experiences where things that happened were more for the better, but also my horoscopes that I read from certain astrologers are always on track. I have always folllowed Michael Star and Sydney Omar since I was younger. Everything ever explained on a Sagittarian from them has been nearly 100% accurate.

I do know that I've always been attracted to Gemini women..they always seem to be blonde, too (or at least most of the time)-
    btw- are you a Scorpio- N?. P.

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    I do know that I've always been attracted to Gemini women..they always seem to be blonde, too (or at least most of the time)-
    btw- are you a Scorpio- N?. P.
    Yeah I'm Scorpio but I'm always fucking Capricorns!

I devised a little experiment a few years back--First I asked people if they knew anything about astrology or what their sign was, I only gave the questionare to people who knew little or nothing about astrology. I then asked them to give me their birth date and time, then choose 2 personality descriptions that best described them from a list I compiled. About 80% chose their sun sign personality as their first or second choice, and some chose their rising sign. I don't think the test was very accurate, by any means, but I tried not to biase it by not being there when they chose their personality. It was funny how many people thought they were Leos or Sagitarius though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Yeah I'm Scorpio but I'm always fucking Capricorns!
    I'm trying to learn more abt Scorpio since so many of my moons are in Scorpioo..
    yes I met a Capricon girl on Spring Break one year..we fucked then and off and on for few years afterwards--! P.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

I found that many, although not all people have very strong similar traits, according to their astrological sign. I dont think its always true though. I was suppossed to be born a gemini, but I had to go and rush things, and I am a true Taurus, in all respects. Im suppossed to be a good match with other Earth signs, but it never fails for me to be attracted to Aries men :p

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    I found that many, although not all people have very strong similar traits, according to their astrological sign. I dont think its always true though. I was suppossed to be born a gemini, but I had to go and rush things, and I am a true Taurus, in all respects. Im suppossed to be a good match with other Earth signs, but it never fails for me to be attracted to Aries men :p
    Aries guys are HOT!!

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

It's weird but there is something to it

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

If i read my horoscope, i'll do it at the end of the day...

Just to see,

i'm not 100% sceptical, i like to at least try to keep an open mind, but yeah, i dont put too much faith in anything!

Does that make me a typical Aquarius? LOL!!!

I'm wanting more stories.. Astrology is interesting because of the psycho-social aspect too...

+ Reply to Thread