+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recomendations

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Default Recomendations

Im looking for some new bands to listen to, I like slipknot, dethstars, system of a down, 69 eyes, assemblage 23, dragon force and red hot chili peppers (the old stuff, before they got sober)

so something like that, or completly different if you recomend

Default Re: Recomendations

Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park
    VNV Nation
    Combichrist
    Front 242
    Kevorkian Death Cycle
    Ministry
    Mindless Faith
    Carbon 12
    Hocico (This is probably your best bet as you like the metally stuff..but in industrial form)
    Noisuf-X

I could go on and on...but that should start you off with a basic nutshell package...of course if you like Industrial/EBM style..

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

John Frusciante
    Fugazi
    Massive Attack
    Ween
    Revolting Cocks
    Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
    Pop Will Eat Itself

This list isn't really based on your musical preferences, just some bands I like. Perhaps you will too. Definitely give Ween a listen though. Enjoy

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

if you like assemblage 23, you might like aghastview, lights of euphoria, neuroticfish..........

if you like 69 eyes, well 'type O nagative' is like that too.......but the older stuff, the newer stuff is too happy

you can't go wrong with............rammstein, funkervogt, velvet acid christ, suicide commando.............

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

i would recommend the following..AC/DC, Alice In Chains, Amored Saint, Anthrax, Arch Enemy, Avoidance of Doubt, Chimaira, Chrome Locust, Coal Chamber, Cradle Of Filth, Danzig, Deadstar Assembly, Deftones, DevilDriver, Devo, Disturbed, Dope, Dresden Dolls, Frank Klepacki, The Gothsicles, Grade 8, Guns 'N' Roses,Hanzel Und Gretyl, Hatebreed, Helmet, Hot Action Cop, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, Kittie, KMFDM, Korn, Lacuna Coil, Limp Bizkit, Machine Head, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Milkweed, Ministry, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, Nine Inch Nails, Nothingface, The Offspring, Opeth, Orgy, Otep, Ozzy, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Powerman 5000, The Prodigy, Prong, Queen, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Rob Zombie,Serj Tankian, Shadows Fall, Six Feet Under, Skinlab, Skrape, Slayer, Slipknot, The Smashing Pumpkins, Soulfly, Sound Garden, Spineshank, Static-X, Stone Sour, Suicidal Tendencies, Superjoint Ritual, System of a Down, Tool, Transport League, Type O Negative, Vanilla Ice, Wednesday 13, White Zombie.....etc.lol

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    i would recommend the following..AC/DC, Alice In Chains, Amored Saint, Anthrax, Arch Enemy, Avoidance of Doubt, Chimaira, Chrome Locust, Coal Chamber, Cradle Of Filth, Danzig, Deadstar Assembly, Deftones, DevilDriver, Devo, Disturbed, Dope, Dresden Dolls, Frank Klepacki, The Gothsicles, Grade 8, Guns 'N' Roses,Hanzel Und Gretyl, Hatebreed, Helmet, Hot Action Cop, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, Kittie, KMFDM, Korn, Lacuna Coil, Limp Bizkit, Machine Head, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Milkweed, Ministry, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, Nine Inch Nails, Nothingface, The Offspring, Opeth, Orgy, Otep, Ozzy, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Powerman 5000, The Prodigy, Prong, Queen, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Rob Zombie,Serj Tankian, Shadows Fall, Six Feet Under, Skinlab, Skrape, Slayer, Slipknot, The Smashing Pumpkins, Soulfly, Sound Garden, Spineshank, Static-X, Stone Sour, Suicidal Tendencies, Superjoint Ritual, System of a Down, Tool, Transport League, Type O Negative, Vanilla Ice, Wednesday 13, White Zombie.....etc.lol
    Well just a few to chek out there, Im going to Sanity, where I can try before I buy. Although Wednesday 13 wasnt as good as murderdolls.
    I praise your music choices people.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Well just a few to chek out there, Im going to Sanity, where I can try before I buy. Although Wednesday 13 wasnt as good as murderdolls.
    I praise your music choices people.
    cool.. you should definitely check out Coal Chamber..they're probably one of my favorite bands... yeah, Wednesday 13 isn't exactly at the top of my list..

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

Some Electo/Industrial.....Old KMFDM (Adios and back), Captive of Society, Covenant, Suicide Commando, Nine Inch Nails (anything The Downward Spiral and back), Chemlab, And One, Angelspit, Ego Likeness, Apoptygma Berzerk, Combichrist, Evil's Toy, Rotersand, Pigface, Necessary Response,

Some Psychobilly/Punk.......Mad Sin, Nekromantx, Turbo A.C.'s, The Creepshow, Demented Are Go, Th' Legendary Shack Shackers, The Meteors

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Comatoze Vigil

Some of the best doom out there.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Floater is a great band. Im kinda a groupie
    but yeah amazing stuff

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

some good metal bands that have wonderful guitar play if you like.

TYR : viking folk metal epic guitar gods, they blow dragon force out of the water
    Amon Amarth: viking folk metal
    Nightwish
    Unleashed: death metal
    Vader death: metal
    Korpiklaani: folk thrash metal
    Elvenking: folk metal more in realm of Finntroll
    Dream Evil: much like 80s Power Metal something like dragon force
    Battlelore: Folk death metal
    ELUVEITIE: Folk celtic death metal.. really good stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iijKLHCQw5o
    REGICIDE: gothic folk rock
    LEAVES’ EYES gothic folk
    Mediaeval Baebes
    Visions Of Atlantis
    Gwar just great stuff

Unknown Hinson: Rockabilly Psychobilly Rock
    Hank Williams III
    grendel
    seabound
    Sam
    ashes of dawn
    tactical sekt
    rotersand
    reaper

Oh, oh!!! Old Godflesh!!!

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Mark Knopfler is really worth your time to check out. His song are odd and yet really clever so if you are person who likes lyrics he is good choice.

Warren Zevon is another one that is just great
    Van Morrison what can i say

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

MSI

Psycobilly: The Saddle Tramps

Tom Waits, Frank Zappa, John Zorn, J.G. Thirwell/Clint Ruin/Foetus/Wiseblood/Steroid Maximus.....

+ Reply to Thread