11 100.00%
  • After e.g animal Bar, Dani California, Death of a Martion

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chili Peppers

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Default Chili Peppers

What do you think is better the Red Hot Chilli Peppers before or after the sobered up?

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Default Re: Chili Peppers

before, waaaaay before

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

One Hot Minute was their last good album.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Their live shows around the Mother's Milk era (89) were an awful lot of fun. I really enjoy some of their more recent songs. I don't really pay attention to when exactly they were supposed to be sober or whatever, but career wise, californication (99) seem more like the middle rather than early exactly. Their style evolution is such that in some respects I consider them nearly different entities in different periods and that's kinda cool.

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

The only album i really like a lot is One Hot Minute. I liked californication at the time but now i've lost interest in them completely.

Also I had to wikipedia all the titles in your 'after' column; you must be really young if you think Californication is 'before'!! (not that theres anything wrong with that).

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

this crazy punk band that wore socks on their cocks used to play illegal skate warehouse parties when i was in High School.... they were great... then they had a number one "college charts" album... then they got rich... and became the red hot chili peppers that are still pretty damn good... but i do prefer them pre-sober and clean

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    One Hot Minute was their last good album.
    I have never heard anyone say that before.

I had just discovered RHCP when Mothers Milk came out so I'd have to say that's definitely my fave! Everything else is good too. I caught a show about 2 years ago and they had just as much energy as they did back in '89!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    I have never heard anyone say that before.

I had just discovered RHCP when Mothers Milk came out so I'd have to say that's definitely my fave! Everything else is good too. I caught a show about 2 years ago and they had just as much energy as they did back in '89!
    Me it just seems to me that with Californication and everything after it they just went kind of bland and mellow, Californication wasn't that band on the bands part, but the album is so badly mastered that I can't even stand to listen to it anymore.

I've actually heard quite a few people say Mothers Milk was their last good album, but I was just getting into them when One Hot Minute came out so i have a soft spot for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    What do you think is better the Red Hot Chilli Peppers before or after the sobered up?
    I prefer the original lineup, although Mother's Milk & Blood Sugar Sex Magic were both good. After that, I really lost interest.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I've never dug them. just a personal prefference. I never really got them.

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah
    The only album i really like a lot is One Hot Minute. I liked californication at the time but now i've lost interest in them completely.

Also I had to wikipedia all the titles in your 'after' column; you must be really young if you think Californication is 'before'!! (not that theres anything wrong with that).
    Yea Im only 18!
    Ive only herd 3 albums and some random songs (Californication, Stadium Arcadium and Greatest hits) But I noticd the difference between SA and the others straight away.
    I actually like them both, but the stuff on Californication just sounds better to me.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Bands are always better in the early stages. Very raw. I still remember when the Chili Peppers played at colleges....Before MTV ever heard about them.

Flea is one of my most fave bass players ever... I like the jazz inspired fluidity his style carries.

Both are amazing.
    Also for anyone struggling with addiction Scar Tissue is an amazing and inspirational book. I keep it by my bed with my favorite passages dog-eared.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    Flea is one of my most fave bass players ever... I like the jazz inspired fluidity his style carries.

I know. I have attempted to play some of the songs of californication, after 5 mins they both had the same result :"Ah, fuck that"

His bass playing is my number one point of focus while listening to them

Parallel universe was easy enuf to play cos I dont have to do any fancy stuff.

+ Reply to Thread