+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simpson coin

Default Simpson coin

[Link to www.dailymail.co.uk]

It was a case of 'd'oh!' for one Spanish sweetshop owner, after he discovered a Homer Simpson-inspired euro coin while cashing up his till.
    A surprised Jose Martinez, who runs the shop in the city of Aviles, northern Spain, noticed the 2001 one euro coin bore a strong likeness to the bald cartoon character instead of Spanish King Juan Carlos.
    The image of Homer, who lives with his wife Marge and children Bart, Lisa and Maggie in Springfield in the massive U.S. show created by Matt Groening, has been etched onto one side of the coin in minute detail.
    Mr Martinez, who was offered 20 euros for the latest piece of Simpsons memorabilia, said: 'The coin must have been done by a professional, the work is impressive.'
    The flipside of the coin, which has a map of Europe on it, was left unaltered.
    No other euros bearing Homer Simpson likenesses have been found in circulation.
    Last year, The Simpsons Movie made more than $500m at box offices. The family travel to several other countries in episodes of the show, but are not believed to have gone to northern Spain.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Simpson coin

When I went to Mexico last year, about 5 different Mexicans offered to buy the Simpson shirt I was wearing one day, right off my back. I guess they don't sell Simpsons shirts there.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    [Link to www.dailymail.co.uk]

It was a case of 'd'oh!' for one Spanish sweetshop owner, after he discovered a Homer Simpson-inspired euro coin while cashing up his till.
    A surprised Jose Martinez, who runs the shop in the city of Aviles, northern Spain, noticed the 2001 one euro coin bore a strong likeness to the bald cartoon character instead of Spanish King Juan Carlos.
    The image of Homer, who lives with his wife Marge and children Bart, Lisa and Maggie in Springfield in the massive U.S. show created by Matt Groening, has been etched onto one side of the coin in minute detail.
    Mr Martinez, who was offered 20 euros for the latest piece of Simpsons memorabilia, said: 'The coin must have been done by a professional, the work is impressive.'
    The flipside of the coin, which has a map of Europe on it, was left unaltered.
    No other euros bearing Homer Simpson likenesses have been found in circulation.
    Last year, The Simpsons Movie made more than $500m at box offices. The family travel to several other countries in episodes of the show, but are not believed to have gone to northern Spain.

Oh....and the work isn't THAT impressive.....

You do it then :P

Do you know how hard it was and how much time it tok me to do it?

+ Reply to Thread