+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dying.....

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Default dying.....

a friend of mine spent the weekend in Kantuckie (Kentucky - good moonshine) with us (see road trip thread).... he rode all the way home with his old lady on the back of his scooter... 1000 miles back to his house... walked in the clubhouse bar got a drink... and died of a massive coronary...

is that the right way to go? fast?

live hard ride fast die young?

my wife says that would be the second choice... the first choice is to die having sex....

i'm a little shaken up by the whole thing, i have lost 2 friends in 2 weeks this way... and i'm still tired from to much time on the road the last 3 weeks....

anyway

thoughts?

Default Re: dying.....

Did he consume Ky moonshine?

My grandfather, two uncles and some other dude got a hold of some bad moonshine, it killed two of them within days...

My grandfather, didnt drink it the same day as the others....
    So he got to try AT HOME... to pump the stomach of his brother. He reportedly used some tubing hose of some sort, and tried siphoning the stuff out.
    Chunks of his stomach lining came up.

His brother lived the rest of his life blind.

My grandfather, drank from the same jug, so many months later, and it caused a blood clot from his stomach to go to his heart.... basically causing him to have a heart attack.

Its important to know WHO makes it and how...
    I had a dear friend from High School who drank some moonshine that was made in a radiator ... and got lead poisoning....and died.

I know of several stills around here.
    I can get the BEST clear for 25 bucks a quart jar

and thru someone else...
    10 bucks a quart, but it can come flavored, but its typically watered down a bit.

You had two friends to die from bad moonshine?

(I'd prolly prefer to OD if I got to choose the way I died)

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

i don't think he drank any moonshine. he's a jim beam man...

(i meant lost two friends from massive heart attacks)

we did have a tasting of some of the local clear.... but it was from an old local family that has been in the business forever, all the neighbors drink it... pretty sure it was just the lifestyle... bad food booze smoking fighting etc...

i might have to come visit to try the stuff in your guys area... the fort knox area is quite nice... a little humid friday/saturday but still beautiful...

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

wow jonny, that's sad news..*hugs*

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Going out doing what you love doing is the only way that makes sense to me - assuming of course what floats your boat isn't mass murder. Can't think of anything worse than drifting through years of senility and ever-decreasing control of bodily functions. A good excuse why I don't have a pension plan...

The dying during sex thing though - not great unless it's really angry sex with someone you hate. They may have to jump on your coffin lid to close it, but your partner gets to spend the rest of their life in therapy.

I hate to hear that about your friends. You may wanna start using olive oil instead of hydrogenated vegetable oil that clogs arteries... while the olive oil actually cleans the arteries.

We live in the mid eastern part of Ky between Lexington and Pikeville.
    (in the thick of the Appalachian Mountains)

Its a horrible thing when a friend or other loved one dies... it really gives a sobering dose of mortality.
    The families involved as well as their friends are in my prayers.

Whenever a loved one of mine dies, I usually EVENTUALLY come away with some new insight. I hope that you'll find some insight and comfort.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    The dying during sex thing though - not great unless it's really angry sex with someone you hate. They may have to jump on your coffin lid to close it, but your partner gets to spend the rest of their life in therapy.
    awesome.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    a friend of mine spent the weekend in Kantuckie (Kentucky - good moonshine) with us (see road trip thread).... he rode all the way home with his old lady on the back of his scooter... 1000 miles back to his house... walked in the clubhouse bar got a drink... and died of a massive coronary...

is that the right way to go? fast?

live hard ride fast die young?

my wife says that would be the second choice... the first choice is to die having sex....

i'm a little shaken up by the whole thing, i have lost 2 friends in 2 weeks this way... and i'm still tired from to much time on the road the last 3 weeks....

anyway

thoughts?
    No matter how it finally goes down, I would LOVE a super fast death. None of this dragged out, being in extreme pain for weeks or months crap.

And as far as "live hard ride fast die young" thing. I think that's more of a saying than a true belief. I don't think anyone wants to die young, but then again, what is exactly considered young these days? If I had a choice of dying from a quick massive heart attack, say about 67 years old or live another 15-20 years and dying in a long and painful death, I'd pick 67. I figure once you hit 70, it's when life REALLY becomes a quick downward spiral. Before 70, the downward spiral goes alot slower.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I think what matters is your not suprised when your times up

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I mean I've known a lot of people, my self included, at one point in their youth that would have been surprised to know that they'd live to be 30.

If you make it that long and cool down, you'll probably be OK. I know a guy, kept on doing the same shit, he made it past 30 and he was lucky, but he didn't make it too much past 40.

For some people, they just got the bad luck. I've heard about people dropping dead at 35 from cancer. it's a shame, but that is the way it goes.

You just gotta keep on doing the best you can. I'd say not to rush the inevitable if you can avoid it, but also not to hold out on living thinking that it will wait forever for you.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

It's beyond our control (beyond actual health/lifestyle choices). I'd rather go out fast. It will happen when it does. I wouldn't want any heroic measures if I develop a fatal illness.

OEC

If I got to pick, I'd go for death by being cut limb from limb in a grotesque orgy of sex, drugs and extreme violence... maybe some cannibalism, too. Preferably on film.

Iunno. Guro fan.

As much as I'd enjoy a deliberate effort to die the right way though, I'm more concerned with not letting worries of dying a wrong way inhibit my living. Realistically speaking I'll probably die from the so-manieth one-in-a-couple-thousand risk gone wrong. Doesn't matter in the end.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I hate to hear that about your friends. You may wanna start using olive oil instead of hydrogenated vegetable oil that clogs arteries... while the olive oil actually cleans the arteries.
    I now have this mental image of a prospect suggesting more heart-healthy snacks at the clubhouse. And there being a long, long silence.

"No, seriously guys. All-bran. Maybe some olive oil. And you might want to wax those eyebrows a bit, you know, less Jerry Garcia".

In all seriousness, condolences to you and yours. Clubbing ain't my life, but if there's one thing I admire and respect it's how you respect and care about each other. If he was a PH he had people around him who had his back no matter what, and that's the way to die, as well as to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    - assuming of course what floats your boat isn't mass murder. .
    HEY!

I want to go out standing on top of a mountain of the corpses of my enemies. My bullet riddled corpse still choking the life out of the last of their great grand children, and big old smile on my face....

peferably some time in my 90's.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    HEY!

I want to go out standing on top of a mountain of the corpses of my enemies. My bullet riddled corpse still choking the life out of the last of their great grand children, and big old smile on my face....

peferably some time in my 90's.

You'd be wanting to run for President then...

VICE president, thankyouverymuch.

I want actual power.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    VICE president, thankyouverymuch.

I want actual power.
    Like Dick Cheney?

It is indeed sad news when someone close dies. The important thing is to remember who they were and never forget the memories you had.

+ Reply to Thread