+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you addicted to Oxycontin?

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default Are you addicted to Oxycontin?

How did you quit? I have a friend on methadone and personally I'm on Suboxone... What's your experience.. btw it was really hard to make the decision to quit!!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: Are you addicted to Oxycontin?

I'm immune to almost all opiates. so I can't really offer anything except my support in your decision to quit. a close friend of mine is a former heroine addict on the methadone plan. my thoughts are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I'm immune to almost all opiates. so I can't really offer anything except my support in your decision to quit. a close friend of mine is a former heroine addict on the methadone plan. my thoughts are with you.

why thank you Voltaire

There are some controversial experiments conducted on heroin addicts with 100% rate of success. They were highly illegal experiments conducted by Russian government and they involve LSD. They succeeded in removing every last trace of heroin and heroin addicted cells from patients spine which is crucial for recovery. I have no idea in why the experiments were abandoned. LSD mutates your DNA as well and that might be one of the reasons. My doubt is that there are people profiting on it that don't want cure for heroin addiction.

If you try you might be able to dig out some information on Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    why thank you Voltaire
    any time. I know what its like to be addicted to drugs.(just not opiates) if you ever need a listening ear, mine's open if you want it. I know it sux big time at first, but you really are making the best decision for yourself. good for you.

ps: what's suboxone? that's a new one to me.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I've never been addicted to anything, but it's interesting Voltaire that you and I both don't do opiates. I was given them some time back for a kidney stone and the whole trip was unpleasant.

In fact, morphine killed my grandmother about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    I've never been addicted to anything, but it's interesting Voltaire that you and I both don't do opiates. I was given them some time back for a kidney stone and the whole trip was unpleasant.

oiates just don't work on me. nothing happens. I don't even throw up. codeine and vicodin work on me, bu I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to them. they make me itchy and paranoid; not cool. years and years ago I tried H, opium, oxycontins, oxycodone, and a few others SEVERAL times. I doubt I did bunk shit everytime, because everyone else was high as fuck..... but I digress.
    I haven't done any hard drugs in three years, and haven't done any addictively for more than ten years. i'm pretty borring these days. I just like to drink(on occasion). I don't even smoke weed anymore. I'm ALOT happier this way.

I just get a heavy sensation, like something is sitting on my chest, itchiness, and a restlessness. No high.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I'm so sorry for your loss. You've had a rough year.

I find that some opiate-based painkillers are moderately effective for pain management and some make me kinda queasy without killing the pain. Darvocet is my preference for like oral surgery. No high for me though, so I'd be hard-pressed to develop an addiction. Percocet is okay. I prefer pain to Vicodin, although I am a coffee drinker and I've heard Vicodin and caffeine don't mix or something. Never taken Oxycontin.

Just for having studied romantic poetry at university, I could see smoking opium, if the opportunity presented itself, with the right people in the room, in the right part of the world, if it had no marajuana and no hashish in it. Soooo . . . not a really likely thing to have happen.

Good luck quitting, Thistle.

Hashish is mixed with opium just for the addictive part.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You've had a rough year.

I find that some opiate-based painkillers are moderately effective for pain management and some make me kinda queasy without killing the pain. Darvocet is my preference for like oral surgery. No high for me though, so I'd be hard-pressed to develop an addiction. Percocet is okay. I prefer pain to Vicodin, although I am a coffee drinker and I've heard Vicodin and caffeine don't mix or something. Never taken Oxycontin.

Just for having studied romantic poetry at university, I could see smoking opium, if the opportunity presented itself, with the right people in the room, in the right part of the world, if it had no marajuana and no hashish in it. Soooo . . . not a really likely thing to have happen.

Good luck quitting, Thistle.

I'd smoke opium with you! haha we'd have sooo much fun!

Anyways, one time back in my tweeker days, I hooked up with some guy in his bands studio and we smoked a bunch of meth, and then we also smoked some opium, and damn, that was the best high I've ever felt, ever! I just felt really really good and I don't recall a shitty comedown.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    ps: what's suboxone? that's a new one to me.
    Suboxone is an opiate replacement that also has another chemical to make you sick if you try to take any other opiates besides the one already in that pill, such as to get high... unlike methadone you can still get high while taking methadone but with suboxone you'll go through precipitated withdrawal symptoms if you do try to get high while you're taking Suboxone.

It's a pill to make you not go through withdrawals from opiates. It really works, it works great, but of course it doesn't make the cravings go away. You gotta be strong like that on your own... That's the difficult stuff.

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Hashish is mixed with opium just for the addictive part.
    I've never heard this. It doesn't seem to make much sense either except on a very local scale because the dealers receive hash already in it’s resin form.

On the other hand suppliers don't need to mix it with opium since it’d be more trouble than its worth; there always seem to be several competing firms in that business which can’t be sure who their clients will buy from next. Plus most of the hash around here is such bad quality it seems they're not cutting it with anything, not even hash. You could be right of course, but it sounds way off.

I’d say when you find opiate-hash it’s been synthesized purely for added pleasure and not to make it addictive.

That's not what I, well.. let's say heard from experienced people

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

wow, marijuana really is the gateway drug.

I wanted to say something meaningful about addiction and treatment, but I opted for saying something stupid and not really funny instead.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

just wanted to wish you luck in quitting. i know from personal experience, with softer drugs, how much of a total bitch(no offense to the ladies meant), that quitting can be. calling it utter hell is putting it lightly. it took me a good year to get over the addiction, thanks to relapses and cravings, etc.

are you doing this on your own? by that i mean, do you have any sort of support structure from friends or professionals? its best not to do this kind of thing alone, if one can help it.

what really helped for me was having people i could talk to or call on when i reached a trouble spot. and just having that mindset that i was doing this for my betterment. that i was better off with out this crap.

good luck

Doesn't matter how helpful it sounds and how kind it is that you say. To be honest, I just don't give fuck about addicts anymore. Watched my best friends go away on heroine. Been there, seen everything, only me and two more friends that I'm still in contact never took that step. Got fooled for money by best friend from childhood. Thanx to my uncle, ironically said, I watched him from childhood making problems, they said to me that he drinks a lot, only when I was a bit older I realised that he was heroin addict... I learned where the border is thanx to his addiction. Who knows where I would end up if it wasn't for him...

If someone really want's to listen for advice I have only one, get the fuck out of where you live. Go somewhere where you have no contacts. Hang out and start a new life from begining. It's people you meet that keeps you on the stuff.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

never done that stuff but I do know that a good place to go through withdrawal is somewhere where noone can you screaming at night or beating yourself in the head trying to knock yourself out cause all you want to do is just go to sleep

Thanks, Amelia. I lost my grandmother, then my grandfather, had my daughter rushed to hospital unable to breathe. I was then summarily laid off.

2008 sucks.

I completely appreciate the kind word, more than you'll ever know, no lie.

Then again, I'm not trying to kick opiate addiction, nor have I broken any bones. So I shouldn't complain too much, huh.

Then again, I'm not trying to kick opiate addiction, nor have I broken any bones. So I shouldn't complain too much, huh.

I think it has been an overly gothic year all around.

When you are doing it when you do not want to be doing it it is time to quit or when it gets stupid expensive. Good luck, man.

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

They time I got even introduces to Oxycontin was when i got chemical burn on my hands. Burn down to whitish pinks skin, dont know how many layers of skin. But enough to give oxycontin for about 3 weeks 20-30 bills. I did not have problem with them, even taking them off on for fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    They time I got even introduces to Oxycontin was when i got chemical burn on my hands. Burn down to whitish pinks skin, dont know how many layers of skin. But enough to give oxycontin for about 3 weeks 20-30 bills. I did not have problem with them, even taking them off on for fun time.

so in three weeks you didn't get addicted? if that's the case, that's good!! Lucky!

so in three weeks you didn't get addicted? if that's the case, that's good!! Lucky!

They talk about addictive personalities, but that's just the psychological aspect. I think, especially for opiates, different people's bodies respond super-differently, like the physical aspect is really varied person to person.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    really varied person to person.
    Yes. I tried this class of drugs at an early age and didn't like. After a while I tried them again because I thought they must be good as there was so much hype about it - same result. Tried 'em a few times since - never highly enthused. A gf was obsessed with it so I would go along sometimes but I'm easily led.

On them I feel totally absolutely straight but possibly nauseous and on the nod - no euphoria, no escaping inner pain (maybe I don't have any). The worst thing was those around me... shuffling around, combing each other's hair... not for me.

I put some H on a bong once and that was pretty noticeable... yechy come-down but. (MDMA is something on a bong too).

Others I've seen rampaging around like a raging bull on them. Horses for courses.

BTW everyone who's read this post..i had an appt. for the 21 day methadone program but i researched it online before my appt. the day before hand and most posts in forums were negative about methadone. About how methadone is more addicting than Oxycontin, so I'm still taking small doses of Oxycontin to get me through the day, since methadone has a longer half life so that's why it's more addicting and you'll end up havin to withdraw from methadone too..

I got scared and decided to not go to my appt. so I'm still on Oxycontin but not getting high. I have suboxone which I might start taking SOON but I had another friend who got treated by lowering his doses on Oxy (like I have) and at the end when he went from 10mg Oxy to zero, they gave him adivan for a few days (and kolonopin on his own) and he's sober now. It's only took him 3 weeks to get sober and no methadone. I like this road...

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

good luck! i have heard that about methadone, that's it's addictive as well. if you can find your own way to get clean that works for you,that's awesome.
    as for myself, i used to do a lot of pres. drugs a long time ago like crush up muscle relaxers and snort them, and after a few days on meth after a rave or something would snort valium to help me sleep. i never did get addicted though. after watching a few friends go down that road i decided to stop. i don't even like Oxy, makes me itchy..
    ok, done rambling and again best of luck TH

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    good luck! i have heard that about methadone, that's it's addictive as well. if you can find your own way to get clean that works for you,that's awesome.
    as for myself, i used to do a lot of pres. drugs a long time ago like crush up muscle relaxers and snort them, and after a few days on meth after a rave or something would snort valium to help me sleep. i never did get addicted though. after watching a few friends go down that road i decided to stop. i don't even like Oxy, makes me itchy..
    ok, done rambling and again best of luck TH

I've been addicted to many other drugs, and always was able to quit (well mostly replace it with something else) ..Thank you though for your luck to me

LSD mutates your DNA as well and that might be one of the reasons. My doubt is that there are people profiting on it that don't want cure for heroin addiction.
    It does what now?

I'm not really inclined to believe that out of hand, tbh.

ETA: Not the hashish mixed with opium, either. Sounds like the same kind of story that gets passed around about E tabs with heroin. Few things lend themselves to urban legends as well as drugs.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    It does what now?

ETA: Not the hashish mixed with opium, either. Sounds like the same kind of story that gets passed around about E tabs with heroin. Few things lend themselves to urban legends as well as drugs.
    ditto... it doesn't mutate DNA good story though...

i heard that if you don't actually forward this thread to 25 people you know in the next 10 minutes REALLY bad things will happen to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    It does what now?

It's really easy to add some pure opium to the mix when making hash. Specially in Afghanistan. As someone mentioned it's most likely added for pleasure considering their opium smoking tradition. Don't forget that Bosnia is more close to Afghanistan. And the people I heard it from have quite a big credibility when it comes to that.

Btw what "it does what now?" ?
    About LSD mutating your DNA? Check out stories about children born from the hippy era whose parents used LSD or any other psychedelic drug.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

It's really easy to add some pure opium to the mix when making hash. Specially in Afghanistan. As someone mentioned it's most likely added for pleasure considering their opium smoking tradition. Don't forget that Bosnia is more close to Afghanistan. And the people I heard it from have quite a big credibility when it comes to that.

Btw what "it does what now?" ?
    About LSD mutating your DNA? Check out stories about children born from the hippy era whose parents used LSD or any other psychedelic drug.
    it doesn't mutate DNA, but like any substance introduced to a pregnant woman's system it can effect fetus development. smoking, booze, drugs, bacon.... the fetus and mother share the same blood supply so what goes in her goes in baby... but DNA doesn't mutate, cellular growth is affected and some of the DNA coding instructions to the cells structure can get cross-ways

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    it doesn't mutate DNA, but like any substance introduced to a pregnant woman's system it can effect fetus development. smoking, booze, drugs, bacon.... the fetus and mother share the same blood supply so what goes in her goes in baby... but DNA doesn't mutate, cellular growth is affected and some of the DNA coding instructions to the cells structure can get cross-ways
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_writings3.shtml

I guess I'm just another victim of propaganda. I wonder now if even opium hash thing is real too :/

About fetus development it's true. Almost anything can affect it. In different weeks different organs.

I'm sure it's easy enough, but for exports, why would they? Hash isn't lacking popularity, and opium is in many countries both more harshly regulated and more expensive. Adding noticable quantities to hash only makes smuggling it more difficult and selling it less profitable. Besides, as the source suppliers they stand little to gain from addiction potential, unless they have a buyer supplying a specific area that specifically asks for this... and pushers have a bunch of high-addiction drugs to work with as it is.

I mean, I'm not saying it hasn't been done before. I'm just saying it seems impractical, and probably isn't done in any large-scale, general sense.

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

How did you quit? I have a friend on methadone and personally I'm on Suboxone... What's your experience.. btw it was really hard to make the decision to quit!!
    I don't think it's approved in America, nor is it "cheap", but, similar to what was being discussed regarding the use of LSD to detox opiate tolerant patients experimentally, Ibogaine (http://www.ibogaine.net/) has been used for several years now in Mexico with huge success.

It's basically a strong psychedelic drug that strips the excess opiate receptors from your body in a few hours, with almost no pain. So rather than curling into a ball and puking on yourself for 3-9 weeks, you're fine the next day.

It causes violent negative hallucinations usually having something to do with the experiences you had during your addiction. Its kind of a great thing, but I can see why they wouldn't legalize it in America. Luckily they will pick you up in America and fly you to the fancy treatment center in Rosarito. I think it used to be sliding scale from 1-5000 dollars.

Hope that helps a little, suboxone implants are also good, they are available in some studies, usually if you do some research, they wind up paying you to participate as well as for the medication itself, which lasts for about 9 months per implant.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_writings3.shtml

I guess I'm just another victim of propaganda. I wonder now if even opium hash thing is real too :/

About fetus development it's true. Almost anything can affect it. In different weeks different organs.
    I do know that in the early days of LSD, experimental doctors tried to use it to fix all kinds of abnormal psychological disorders and actually had some success.

Me....I tried a double hit once and had a totally bad fucking trip and would never do it again.

Now by hashish, if you mean the basic street slang, "hash", I've done it a few times in my life and it was a big waste of time. Nothing happened at all. I smoked with other people at the same time and they were stoned as Hell. I figure when it comes to drugs, because of our DNA and what toxins are already in our bods, we all totally get affected in different ways. I can smoke ditch weed and get stoned but smoke a whole lot of hash and nothing...Go figure....

As far as all the other drugs, spoken here....Pot, hash, hash oil, and LSD are all I've ever done so I'm not going to even try to act like I know what the othe drugs do as far as addictions and affects. I think until you've tried it, nobody probably should act like they know the affects or whatever.

I know pot can be laced with shit (gotta know your seller) but LSD was the first drug I took that was perfectly man-made. Since I had such a shitty time with it, I think that's why I never went further into the drug culture than Ms. Herb..."Teacher, mother, secret lover".....Homer Simpson.

Much as with opium-contaminated hash, the stuff joints gets laced with is generally more expensive and harder to get than pot itself. Really, dealers generally have very little reason to go mixing your drugs and giving you more than you paid for, unless the added drug is cheaper, similary structured with a somewhat comparible effect - in which case it's more a refined form of cutting. There's no heroin in your Es, no opium in your hashies, no pcp in your pot. Although there might be speed in your coke, but there's always other crap in your coke, so unless I wanted to sleep soon I'd be happy it was something that actually helps the effect.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

a long time ago you could get hash with opium in it.......it cost extra, but that was a long time ago.

+ Reply to Thread