+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do You Believe in Sorcery?

Default Do You Believe in Sorcery?

Do you believe in Psychics, Magic, Sorcery, Soccer?

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do You Believe in Sorcery?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    hmmp, soccer, like that shit really exits...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Soccer is a grand illusion produced by Hollywood SFX cults.

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

it has to be, they don't even use their hands

wath? David Coperfield?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Soccer is a conspiracy by the same people that brought you Wal-Mart
    but sorcerey is real man

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

ha imagine them trying to call it futbol like changing the spelling would really get us more to change the channel from the real football

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Yes, yes I do.

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    ha imagine them trying to call it futbol like changing the spelling would really get us more to change the channel from the real football
    The real football? Oh you mean that fancy dress football they play in the Colonies. (Why is it Americans insist on having a 'World' championship in sports that nobody else plays?)

Truth be told, I'd be perfectly happy if football didn't exist in any shape or form. I like rugby though. For the benefit of the uninitiated, rugby's a little like American football, only without those wussy pads, and it doesn't stop every five minutes to try and sell you Coca Cola and check that nobody's broken a nail.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Not sure what you meant when you put soccer in there, but as to the rest of it - nope, not even a little bit. I think it's all a load of hooey.

~Histrionica~

Yes, why did you include soccer in your post?

I've never met a psychic who was anything other than a fraud, but I remain open-minded.

On the sorcery and magic front you have to define your terms. One definition would be accomplishing the impossible, in which terms magic and suchlike can't exist by definition. On the other hand, if you mean something achieved by methods or processes not understood by modern science, I think you'd have to be pretty arrogant to pretend that such things don't exist. Every generation throughout history walked around with the subconscious assumption that we've pretty much got the nature of reality licked, with just a few areas to be addressed around the edges. And every generation's been wrong.

A monster's just an animal that doesn't have a Latin name yet.

If I didnt mention Soccer, then nobody would have made the Soccer comments on this particular post.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

<~ Completely nonplussed by the previous statement.

~Histrionica~

northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    The real football? Oh you mean that fancy dress football they play in the Colonies. (Why is it Americans insist on having a 'World' championship in sports that nobody else plays?)

Truth be told, I'd be perfectly happy if football didn't exist in any shape or form. I like rugby though. For the benefit of the uninitiated, rugby's a little like American football, only without those wussy pads, and it doesn't stop every five minutes to try and sell you Coca Cola and check that nobody's broken a nail.

do you like chess?
    having been a highschool football player who was mature enough to truly strive to understand the game rather then just play it i learned the true beauty of the sport comes from the strategies of the game rather then the action... if i want action i will watch hockey or rugby (both of which i thoroughly enjoy playing) but i don't watch football i study it. i observe how field position time score and various other factors effect a strategy of attack and stear there immediate goals.

oh and i guess i should actually answer the question to the original thread...

yes i believe in all of that supernatural shit... i also believe that it is based in highly scientific and measurable means that just aren't understood yet. (like in starwars: the power of the force was directly proportional to how many of those measurable organisms in your body. but even then they didn't know which one perpetuated the other they just knew it was a way to quantify a supernatural force...)
    we haven't learned to prove it exists let alone quantify it

Soccer or any other sport - no i don't believe in it. But when it comes to magic, sorcery and all of that - definitely a firm believer.

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    do you like chess?
    having been a highschool football player who was mature enough to truly strive to understand the game rather then just play it i learned the true beauty of the sport comes from the strategies of the game rather then the action... if i want action i will watch hockey or rugby (both of which i thoroughly enjoy playing) but i don't watch football i study it. i observe how field position time score and various other factors effect a strategy of attack and stear there immediate goals.
    I take your point. Still tricky to think of American football as 'the thinking man's game'. There again, I suck at chess, so what would I know?

graecona's Avatar Member

...yah...my friend is into sorcery... spells do work but only if you believe that it would really work...

+ Reply to Thread