+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Curly hair

Default Curly hair

Help!

I need something new to do wtih my hair; it's really frizzy, and curly, and it's bloody well impossible to straighten. I'm trying to find something (other than dying it) to do once in a while for a different look. Any one else have these same problems, or any suggestions?

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

Default Re: Curly hair

i have the exact same problem, right now im letting it grow for no real reason at all, and its just out of control

toodles
    the chris

I know... I've been growing mine for like... 2 years now, and for the first year it was totally wild. It's still a massive mountain of fuzz, but it's getting nicer.

mine causes me to get petted...often which can get old quite quickly

A couple days ago my sister started petting me. She quickly exclaimed, "Oooh, it's like petting a puppy!" It also doesn't help that I'm one of the shortest (actually THE shortest) among my group of friends. Lots of petting and head-rubbing goes on. If you want to discourage it, bite them. It really works!

ill have to try that

Just make sure to bite hard; a yelp of pain is generally when you know you're biting hard enough. Don't warn them either.

i see you have much experiance in this

My hair is frizzy and wavy and I hate it. I used to have it strait but then it started getting wavy and with frizz included! I usually put frizz control with curl shaper to help it settle down. Try it! Then it will be easier to style any way you want too!

Mother Superior

Have you tried the straighteners for hair? My hair is more wavy and straight, but curls easy with a curling iron. Hopefully when the weather starts to cool off, your curl may ease a bit. Those straighteners work, I used one from Redken. It's called Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. www.redken.com, they will generate some products that may help you.

Yeah, I tried straightening my hair once with my sister's iron.... ouch. I had hair like Siouxsie Sioux, except there was more of it, and it was literally everywhere. But curling iron's a good idea - thanks! I just tried rag curls last night. I rolled them too tight. My hair doesn't look too bad, but definitely not what I'm going for.

You may also try going to Sally's. They have a bunch of flat irons to straitened hair. I know one of my friends got one and she loves it. But before she starts she puts a relaxer on her hair like a day before she wants to do it. And I mean her hair is super curly and by the time she is finnished it looks like she never had curls.

Girls with curles are SEXY!!!

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I would suggest the following:

While your hair is wet slide some kind of de-frizz serum through it. I like Frizz Ease and there's another brand that makes a sort of cream in a pump. Then you take a section (inch or two depending on how thick your hair is) and use a blow dryer and brush to straighten your hair.

Or if not straightening it make sure you keep it very well conditioned, I'd suggest extra on the ends. Also a light cream hair dress (available in the 'ethnic' section of your drug store) for very thick curly hair I'd suggest a dab or two of Pantene's cream moisturizer for black women. That stuff is fantastic and it smells good. Or, if you want something that'll be super light and non greasy I'd suggest running a little bit of Queen Helene's cholesterol conditioner through your hair. Sounds kinda gross and it smells funny but it's another great product.

Also be very very gentle with your hair. It's best if you don't fight it and try to work with it. Healthy curls are beautiful

Ok enough from me your resident beauty nut. Feel free to PM with any questions about black hair care products that are good for not black people. I have used quite a few.

graecona's Avatar Member

...curly hairs are beautiful...

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

get some ghd straighteners they cost about £100 but they actually do work even for my friend who has the frizziest hair in the world

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Keratase just came out with a new shampoo for "rebellious" hair which I've been using. I think it may be irritating my skin, but it does seem to help smooth my hair. That and the smoothers I use when I flat iron and blowdry.

+ Reply to Thread