Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food Fattie Fined

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Default Fast Food Fattie Fined

link1
    link2

Fast food fan fined for monster gorge

A trainee nurse who was hit with a $336 fine for staying too long while gorging on a monster-sized family bucket at KFC says she is "disgusted".
    Natalie Jackson and a friend spent 1.5 hours eating fourteen chicken pieces, six bags of fries and large cokes at their local branch in West Yorkshire, England, The Sun reported.
    The feast worth 5456 calories - 3516 more that the recommended daily calorie count for women - cost $29.50.
    A few days later, Ms Jackson received a fine in the post for breaking the restaurant car park's 75-minute limit.
    The 24-year-old, who eats at KFC three times a week, said she was unaware of the car park restructions, and was never going back.
    "It's disgusting, I spend a lot of money there," she said.
    "It didn't feel like I was in there all that long. We were hungry."
    KFC told The Sun that restaurant parking was contracted to a private firm - but promised to review Ms Jackson's case.
    A spokesman said: “A parking restriction was introduced to prevent non-KFC customers using the car park.
    "The 75-minute time limit is designed to accommodate our customers who generally eat for about 30 minutes.”

--------
    I think the fine was pretty stupid, but the rest of the story made me feel ill

Why would someone who is training to work for the medical profession eat that shit that often? Its like being treated by an obese doctor, do you trust him 100% if he is as unhealthy as that?
    After hearing this story we know what most people will think of her.
    Google her name and KFC together for hours of reading comments about her on message boards

Default Re: Fast Food Fattie Fined

The parking rule is obscenely dumb. Some people take a long time to eat. Some people like to talk and eat. What the fuck. I once spent 2 hours at a Wendy's with a friend and all I ordered was a milkshake.

As far as the food - it was divided between two people, so the calories were like 2728 each. Yeah, it still seems like a lot, but eh, whatever, they can do whatever they want with their bodies. I do agree it appears hypocritical (another example would be doctors who smoke), but you don't pay a doctor to be a healthy person, you pay him to keep you healthy.

J. Babington's Avatar Wanderer Of The Internet

Geeze, i cant believe that mess, if your a paying customer then shouldnt you get unlimited parking.
    Hmmm but i can see a 4Hour restrictions in time at a restaurant but a 75min that just doesn't seem long enough, like what Lady Alias said I too spent 1-2hours at a restaurant to just chill and talk.
    But did they once go up to her and say that she was taking a long time...probably not.

Bedlamite

... You aren't loitering if you are eating. That's just... insane. You can disagree with her being fat and eating alot or whatever... but its her body. Almost two hours isn't alot for a meal that size. It wasn't like, 4 or 5.

On one hand, we have a major fast food chain with a long history of lame practises enforcing selfish, ill-conceived rules at the cost of customers. On the other, we have a fat nurse with nice hair.

I'm with the fat chick on this one. Burn the KFC!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'm not too sure about this one. maybe it is a good thing to try and get people to stop eating at KFC. fast food companies making money by getting rid of their customers, at least it's healthier than the alternative.

Fast food companies by implication function by exhausting their customer base, which tends to either grow tired of the food, or die from it. The problem is that it's a renewable resource.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Who the fuck would want to really hang out at the KFC and not eat? Is this KFC the hotbed of the community for teenage hangouts? It's real simple...If a bunch of people are hanging outside at a KFC that does not have an outside eating area than call the fuckin' cops and get the loiters(sp?) out of there...Period. The Mickey D's by me used to be a teenage hangout and shit would go down. Fights, shootings...Whatever. Mickey D's put an end to it....And they should have. No more "outside" eating areas. So if you're hangin' well then it's time for the cops to be called to hassle your ass. You want to hang out with your friends? Be smart and find a parking lot where there isn't a bunch of people driving in cars and ordering drive through food. Find an empty parking lot or better yet....Some place where cops don't frequent. Kid's today...I'm fuckin' lost on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Who the fuck would want to really hang out at the KFC and not eat? Is this KFC the hotbed of the community for teenage hangouts? It's real simple...If a bunch of people are hanging outside at a KFC that does not have an outside eating area than call the fuckin' cops and get the loiters(sp?) out of there...Period. The Mickey D's by me used to be a teenage hangout and shit would go down. Fights, shootings...Whatever. Mickey D's put an end to it....And they should have. No more "outside" eating areas. So if you're hangin' well then it's time for the cops to be called to hassle your ass. You want to hang out with your friends? Be smart and find a parking lot where there isn't a bunch of people driving in cars and ordering drive through food. Find an empty parking lot or better yet....Some place where cops don't frequent. Kid's today...I'm fuckin' lost on the whole thing.
    Damn those kids these days, being present at places where people drive cars and order food. Someone needs to do something about this!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i don't like that it's being sneaky and underhanded about fining her for being overweight trying to cover it all up with a flimsy parking violation. I'm hoping quietly that her indignant refusal to continue eating there, or anywhere else that treats her "unfairly", she'll eventually have a grudge against every fast food chain and will be healthier for it.

~K

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

this made me lol,

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Damn those kids these days, being present at places where people drive cars and order food. Someone needs to do something about this!
    Not just being present...Gettin' into fights, drinking and even some shootings by where I live. Don't know about you, but if I'm going to order some food through the drive thru, I really don't want to have to worry about stray bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    Why would someone who is training to work for the medical profession eat that shit that often? Its like being treated by an obese doctor, do you trust him 100% if he is as unhealthy as that?
    My last doctor smoked. I have had doctors who were overweight and who drank. Truth be told I want my doctor to be human. Most of them know what is bad for you, but a doctor with a flaw shows me that he isn't as likely to pull the stupid doctor tricks.

you know, the doctors who say you should do thinks like stop eating fast food, quit smoking, give up sugar, stop having heroin fueled orgies with strangers, or whatever ans assume there is no reason you can't change your lifestyle tomorrow.

A doctor who knows it is hard to change bad habits from experience is more likely to take that into consideration when trying to help you.

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

I just came back from Yorkshire yesterday. Cool place. Healthcare is free in the UK which is sweet as hell. All trips to GPs cost £0 which means that nobody doesn't go to the doctor because it’s too expensive and nobody gets extra attention because they have more money.

On the other hand, apparently KFC has a parking policy, oh well, i guess it can't all be perfect.

Fleisch's Avatar Exiled

very common when people see a fat person they pretend to be disgusted or attonished that he/she eat so much junk without to care about their health, but the truth is that if being insanely fat was healthy those people would still be disgusted by the fatties. ITs alright, noone likes a (fatso), but why to hide with hypocresy??
    Just my opinion. What do you think?

if there was a sign that clearly said what the parking limit theres no need to get all butthurt over a fine i think since its not something they just made up when they saw this chick walk through the door

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

wow, really stupid fine, I mean if they were eating for 2 people each they should've been able to park twice as long right? J/k obviously it's obscenely stupid.
    I have some extra weight on me, but I don't think she's that huge anyway. I like her hair (:

Fleisch's Avatar Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    wow, really stupid fine, I mean if they were eating for 2 people each they should've been able to park twice as long right? J/k obviously it's obscenely stupid.
    I have some extra weight on me, but I don't think she's that huge anyway. I like her hair (:

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

total bullshit. if i was a paying customer at a restaurant (and if i had a car) i would expect to be able to park there for as long as it bloody well takes.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

the car park hardly looks busy from that picture

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah
    I just came back from Yorkshire yesterday. Cool place. Healthcare is free in the UK which is sweet as hell. All trips to GPs cost £0 which means that nobody doesn't go to the doctor because it’s too expensive and nobody gets extra attention because they have more money.

On the other hand, apparently KFC has a parking policy, oh well, i guess it can't all be perfect.

its not free. we pay National Insurance which covers mediacl care and partial dental care.

My GP usually has a waiting list of 4 weeks for apointments. i'm just greatfull that i have an imune system of an ox, on the other hand My mother waited 6 weeks to See the Neurologist in london about the condition she has. so its not all bad i supose.

we do get a lot of "healthcare tourism"

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I don't really eat fast food any more, was never big on it, but I remember fast food places where they would have stuff about 20 minute limits on eating. I appreciate that they think it is fast, but it takes me that long to drink a coffee, if I'm enjoying it. Of course, I tend not to enjoy fast food, so I guess they have their suckiness going for them in the justifiable column.

i dont like my food dipped "slimed" in grease tbh. never a fan. the team has a tradition of stoping of at a macdonalds after a game and we have been known to spend an hour there (i just stick to the tea as i'm usually driving i need the caffine no matter how poor it comes) before "those" sort of people turned up in overbaked cars with bodykits

its called fast food for a reason

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

Quote Originally Posted by Head Wreck
    its not free. we pay National Insurance which covers mediacl care and partial dental care.

My GP usually has a waiting list of 4 weeks for apointments. i'm just greatfull that i have an imune system of an ox, on the other hand My mother waited 6 weeks to See the Neurologist in london about the condition she has. so its not all bad i supose.

we do get a lot of "healthcare tourism"

bah! I mean take a trip across the water dude. In Ireland we pay 60Euro to visit a GP per visit; even for repeat-prescriptions. Basically this means that you’re never going to go the doctor with sinus troubles or colds etc. unless you’re really fucking dying. Most of us also pay VHI (voluntary health insurance) but we always have to pay to visit GPs. Still not nearly as fucked as American healthcare though!

I’m not an expert on English Healthcare but it seems like a good deal. Paying national insurance is the way to go; I mean we all pay for it one way or another anyway and at least your healthcare system is totally non-discriminatory (private hospitals just provide icing on the cake).

Irish citizens are treated specially in English Law and can avail of free healthcare in the UK as if they were British which is pretty sweet; that’s what you get with an post-imperial guilt complex!

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

<.<

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

next time she should take a bus if she can squeeze through the door

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

OT, but I've known tons of people with broken ribs, broken hands, they didn't do anything about them. even people that pulled out their teeth with a pair of pliers, because they couldn't afford to go to the doctor and dentist.

people like to say "oh, but in Canada and Europe you have to wait in line!" I'll take a number please. it sounds to me a bit better than what we have which is express service for those that can pay and fuck off and die for everyone else.

it's nice to not have to pay for anything in canada but after 13 hours in the emergency room (as there's only 1 actual doctor) you start to lose your mind a bit.

I've easily waited that long in an american emergency room, with infections so bad I was hallucinating, similarly 6 hours when I stopped breathing (I don't even know how that's possible, but it's what happened) been charged $300 for an advil, and so forth.

that's just fucking insane!

Yeah well, when american't complain about our health care system, we're generally not making shit up.

not to mention the fact that I've got about half a dozen things that I really shoulda oughta get looked at, but am just putting off because I'll go postal if I get charged $300 for another advil, or some crap.

oh i've never doubted it. i just think it's a sad state of affairs. so many people that can't afford decent health care when that is the most important thing of all.

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah
    bah! I mean take a trip across the water dude. In Ireland we pay 60Euro to visit a GP per visit; even for repeat-prescriptions. Basically this means that you’re never going to go the doctor with sinus troubles or colds etc. unless you’re really fucking dying. Most of us also pay VHI (voluntary health insurance) but we always have to pay to visit GPs. Still not nearly as fucked as American healthcare though!

I’m not an expert on English Healthcare but it seems like a good deal. Paying national insurance is the way to go; I mean we all pay for it one way or another anyway and at least your healthcare system is totally non-discriminatory (private hospitals just provide icing on the cake).

Irish citizens are treated specially in English Law and can avail of free healthcare in the UK as if they were British which is pretty sweet; that’s what you get with an post-imperial guilt complex!
    maybe thats a better way that way i dont have to wait four weeks for an apointment

Was there a sign posted with the time limit? If not then this ticket is retarded. If there was a sign then well she's kinda fucked.

Also god damn. That woman is amazingly large. Her arms could fuel and oil lamp for weeks. The skin between her rubbing thighs must be thick enough to stop a bullet and dark enough to wallpaper a goth club.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Ha, this case is dumb. I can see them giving someone a fine who parked there to go somewhere else. But the girl was eating in the KFC and purchased their gross food. I think a time limit on eating is kind of ridiculous. Do they keep an eye out for every person who comes in, looks at the clock and start a timer? As others said, I've been at places for a considerably long amount of time because of long conversations with friends or dates that get carried away with the time. I think perhaps, someone that worked there made a big deal out of it because they didn't like the girl(s) and the fact that they came there so often.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    OT, but I've known tons of people with broken ribs, broken hands, they didn't do anything about them. even people that pulled out their teeth with a pair of pliers, because they couldn't afford to go to the doctor and dentist.

people like to say "oh, but in Canada and Europe you have to wait in line!" I'll take a number please. it sounds to me a bit better than what we have which is express service for those that can pay and fuck off and die for everyone else.
    amen. i hate the health care in america. i won't tell you how many times i have to not go to the doctor and especially the dentist, when i really need to.
    on the plus side, i have the ability to ignore all bills that come my way. that 48-hour involuntary stay in the psych ward + ambulance? take your $10,000 in bills and shove it up your ass.

~soma~

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

At least the fatass money-eating bastards are finally getting one back for all this, "Your food made me fat, I sue you." bullshit. ;D

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    people like to say "oh, but in Canada and Europe you have to wait in line!".
    yeah, you wait in line for so long you've either died or walked it off. And if you actually want just pay someone to get it over with your shit out of luck because welfare fucks need help more than you do. Yeah we got one hell of a good system here.

Obscuria.com's Avatar Member

Holy Crap, bottom line - We were hungry!

Even though fast food seating is designed to be uncomfortable to encourage fast turnover, it's still kind of silly to enforce a parking spot time limit. Instead of super sizing, they can now ask if you want to extend your parking spot rental time!

+ Reply to Thread