+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: the DMV & body piercings

Default Re: the DMV & body piercings

They didnt say anything about my labret piercing.. however when it was time to process my passport they made me retake the pic because i was smiling, and my teeth were showing...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I wonder how they'd feel about a prince albert?

Hehe I don't think they need that picture for the passport

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyMoses
    Ok, um, who's trying to provide a "product"? The offhand aside I made was pointing out the irony of being a person concerned only with the expression of one's individual character and being socialy persecuted as a result. Then when enough people do it in a similar way, then it becomes a "scene". Then the media gets wind of it and the secene becomes a comodity. Over time, that scene becomes all comodity and mass market entertainment having little to do with actual self-expression. You took the ball and ran with it, but we weren't playing with that ball.

Everybody thinks the guy who puts a bananna on his head is some kind of weirdo until they see more people with bannanas on their heads. Even then, they think that they're all weird and nobody wants to play with them until someone gets the idea to start selling banannas. Then they advertise these bannanas with a hip marketing ploy, now everyone wants a bannana to put on their head for fear that they won't be hip unless they do so. They're not expressing anything, they just don't want to be different by not having a bannana head. It's good business sense for the guy who sold the bannanas, definately furthers the evolution of social pereptive reality, but a pain in the ass for the first guy who feels like he has to find something different to put on his head now because the bannana thing has no effect for him anymore, and even if it did, now you can only find expensive bannanas at hot topic. I never want to write the word bannana that many times again.

What is now the mainstream was once the underground. I'm ok with that. That's evolution. It just sucks to be persecuted for it on one side, and put on a pedestal on the other when all your trying to do is be you.
    I would never go near your balls and for what it's worth i hate sports metaphors. Anyway, I see your point and am willing to accept that people whose original image/style/product is popularized and successfully commoditized after said person has performed/wore/sold it for some time prior will feel a little self-pity.

When bands I’ve liked have become popular after I’ve liked them a good long time admittedly it’s bothered me a little. But you weather the storm and if you like concert t-shirts you get them from the gigs you were actually at because you can’t buy memories. In saying that I’ve also come to things later than others, respected that they got there before me, utterly consumed the object of my attention, and then considered myself their equal if I feel I understand it equally.

I guess you are talking more about style (if you just mean art in the stricter sense then I've said everything I want to say in my original post) which isn’t something which really interests me unless its almost too theatrical for pedestrian use. Nevertheless I can see why some of the original neo-primitivists/bikers would pull out their chin and eyebrow piercings these days. Still that’s not to say I really care. I would care however if someone stole my original idea (academic, philosophical, psychological or whatever) and purported it as their own (unless it was a shit original idea of course) so I’m perfectly willing to accept that I just don’t hold fashion and personal-presentation in all that high regard…

balls and bananas hmmm…..

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah

balls and bananas hmmm…..

one word... Freud...

hehe

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Mybe they could just remove all readily changable features, i.e, hair beards peircings etc
    Face...

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

What can I say, I've got a lotta balls and bananas. And I just realized I spelled bananas wrong consistantly throughout that post.

Ubiquitress's Avatar Senior Member

[QUOTE=DonkeyMoses]What can I say, I've got a lotta balls and bananas.
    Amen

Ali Stardust's Avatar Member

i got in trouble with the cops cause he didnt believe it was me on my ID and it was the DMVs fault cause the made me take off the majority of my makeup and my fangs

Fleisch's Avatar Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Stardust
    i got in trouble with the cops cause he didnt believe it was me on my ID and it was the DMVs fault cause the made me take off the majority of my makeup and my fangs
    Are you family related to soma stardust??

Exiled

No one should tell us what to wear or who we are! Your piercings and tattoos are just an extension of your personality, it's what makes us unique, even in the animal kingdom the dwarf monkeys of papua new guinea use a natural blue dye to enhance their physical appearance. The government will always try to make us dress in grey clothes and walk in lines, luckily people like amelia G and Forrest have drawn out an alternative path, and there is more and more of us who are walking that path now.

PS: I have a friend who is a wanabee (if you dont know this term search for Apotemnophile in google), anyways, he has been trying for the best part of 5 years now to have his leg removed, he would of course pay for the procedure, but oddly enough doctors won't perform on his leg, there are still sectors in our society that think we dont own our own bodies, and wont let us express our personalities through body modification.

We still have a long road to go before our rights are recognized.

If I were a cop or a nighclub doorman I would want to know whether the drivers license was the person or not and I would want it to look right.

I have had a CA DL for years and nobody has ever asked me to look more normal for it.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I have an idea.. if they want ot fuck with us like that.. why don't wee get someone on the inside, then we all go down to the DMV and get I.D.'s with our Avatar.. that is who we are as well.

+ Reply to Thread