+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which issues are most likely to get you to the polls come election day?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Which issues are most likely to get you to the polls come election day?

Which issues are most likely to get you to the polls come election day?

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Default Re: Which issues are most likely to get you to the polls come election day?

I'm thinking health care and job creation are two huge ones. Less tax instead of more would be nice too.

Default Re: Which issues are most likely to get you to the polls come election day?

Though my ass would be at the polling station over the most trivial issue, I'd say the currently most compelling matters for me are the war, the future supreme court justices, and health care.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

probably the issue of the possibility of Mccain becoming president is what will get me there...scary issue it is

I actually found out yesterday that I am not registered to vote, I have to go in tomorrow and do it....I asked them to register me when I got a new license a couple moths ago, but they didnt do it...lame

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

what issues?
    isn't it about who's better-looking?
    i agree, though. the issue of republican control over the government is pretty much a big concern to me.
    *hates the bipartisan system, but what can you do*

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    what issues?
    isn't it about who's better-looking?
    i agree, though. the issue of republican control over the government is pretty much a big concern to me.
    *hates the bipartisan system, but what can you do*

The USA has not been a two party system for that long. I think so-called third parties are going to become more and more viable in the coming decades.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    The USA has not been a two party system for that long. I think so-called third parties are going to become more and more viable in the coming decades.
    I actually see a day when the Republicans and Democrats become one. The "Democrat-Republicans", which actually was around in the 1700's. As it stands, I see them acting more and more just like each other anyway. Use to be a time when they really acted so different from each other. Nowadays they kind of seem to be on the same page. I think that's why debates have become so boring.

Then again, maybe the conservative Democrats and Republicans will become one. That's probably more feasible. Three parties....Right wing Republicans, Left Liberal Democrats and "The Conservatives". I'd love to see a strong forth party, but people usually like to be with the left, right or in the middle.

+ Reply to Thread