+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your username?

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Default How did you choose your username?

I have seen some pretty out there usernames lately on this board and others. How did you choose yours? Have you had it for years and wish you had chosen something else? Is it different for different boards? I know here a lot of people are refered to in real life by their username and bicking something like "asstoast" could get embarassing after a while.

My username is my real name + chaos. Which is the natural order of the universe and my life in general. I feel like I chose well though when I first got on the internet I went by thedomesticdiva. The only thing I hate is when people come up to me and say something like "oooo you are -the- CoraChaos." It's a little iritating.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Default Re: How did you choose your username?

Mine comes from one of my favourite movies, "Jay and Slient Bob Strike Back",
    the fact that I'm mistaken for Kevin Smith all the time and my love for the weed. (Gotta love the medical mary jane)

It's only recent that I have decided to use it and wouldn't change it, I'll only use it here....
    all the other forums I have been on have been with different usernames
    (most which I don't bother with since coming here)

Most people know me as Deathbringer (from my previous life as armed personal security -
    bodyguard for hire and pistol marksmanship skills)
    or as Tabula Rasa (after my exodus from rehab and ending up in Amsterdam for a year in self-medicating 'recovery')...
    there are a couple others but nothing worth noting or remembering.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Isn't there a thread like this already??

[QUOTE=after a while.

My username is my real name + chaos. Which is the natural order of the universe and my life in general. I feel like I chose well though when I first got on the internet I went by thedomesticdiva. The only thing I hate is when people come up to me and say something like "oooo you are -the- CoraChaos." It's a little iritating. [/QUOTE]

Ever hear of Chaos Theory?
    P.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Yep. Its near the end if it isnt recycled By now.

Mine's like Nathan only under-water!!!! OOooooo!~
    That's what I wrote last time asked as well.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

i think we had this already..mine is really old form back when iwas a teenager

Mother Superior

Mir is peace in Russian. Mirren, there you have it.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

mine comes from a super hero i made up when i was little named Atomic Cow but i changed it to AtomiK KoW in middle school theres a bit more to it but its nothing interesting

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

well , i used to live in nashville ,used to hang out with all the cool jazz,blues musiciansie;(kat) and well killer hmmmm its just got that ring to it hahhaha

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

while in highschool and working at hot topic (yeah yeah i know shut up)
    i got there little award for catching shoplifters(and other stuff) called a skully it was a skull and crossbones sticker you got for doing something good after getting a bunch of them you got a metal skully pin and a gift certificate

that same week i signed up for my first aol account and i choose sully (my last name is sullivan) and 70 for my football number... after realizing there were 18million sully's skully popped into my head and so i became skully70@aol.com and skully most other places. my livejournal " R_U_B" stands for Remain Un-Beaten and there is a pretty explanation of that mentality in the profile

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

mines the name of my band (hopefully)

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Mine comes from a series of poems I wrote a long time ago. That and the name of my website and my online journal. Been using it for various things for a few years now.

mine's just the Irish Gaelic spelling of my real name.P.

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

Nudemuse and I were debating user names because I seem to have a literal ton of them. She just jokingly said HelenaHotpants combining not only my name but my love of hot pants.
    Actually its probably more because my high school nickname was Pudding Pants the Magic Elf and then in college it was Squishy Pants. I guess now that I am an "adult' (and I use the term loosely) I can be HOT pants!

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

Well, my real first name is Paul, and Cat comes from a love of Cats, and a paintball incident...

shot nine times in a 20 min game, and everytime the ref came over to check if it had left a paint splat, IT HADN'T!

Not until the 9th time! (Of course i looked like a dice under my clothes, Covered in dots!)

So yeah, Nine lives! Very Feline

Paul Cat.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Mine -

The Quiet Place, is a song by In Flames... IMO one of the BEST bands ever. It is off their new album - Soundtrack to Your Escape

graecona's Avatar Member

...i got mine from one of my literature class... we were discussing the Greek mythology when my professor suddenly said the word "Graeco-Roman," I thought it was catchy... so i made it graecona because i'm a girl... it really sounded freaky to me...heheh

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

dunno cant remember have used different variations of it for the last two years though

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

Should be fairly obvious but mine comes from the H.P. Lovecraft novels.

Minx Hates You's Avatar Junior Member

well..!! my friends gived me my nick name... *minx*.. and alot of people say i hate everybody.. for some strange reason..!! so thats where i got mine...!!!

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

i was in the usmc for 4 years, one of the nicknames of the marine corps is devildog given by the germans in ww2. it's one of the things in the corps that annoyed me the most ,everybody going around calling each other devildog, so i got in the habit of calling everyone devilmutt or devilnuts, kinda silly but it pissed people off, which i enjoyed so i stuck with it...

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Nickname, stage name, grandmothers name, kinda all the same thing. and it's sticky to my personality.
    K

poison's Avatar Senior Member

poison comes from one of my favourite songs usually played on antiques rockshow..poison by alice cooper, basically cause its about a women he REALLY wants but who is dangerous and would be bad for him (like poison!)

other names i've used...kerblamo_girl (kerblamo came from the simpsons beer baron episode..which i LOVE! )

poison_and_obscurantism (poison from the song, obscurantism because it means "the sterile thinking of narrow minds" and i have a tendancy to dislike narrow minded people!)

Liesl, lizzles..just old nicknames..*shrugs*

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

English translation for Michael

Quote Originally Posted by corachaos
    I have seen some pretty out there usernames lately on this board and others. How did you choose yours? Have you had it for years and wish you had chosen something else? Is it different for different boards? I know here a lot of people are refered to in real life by their username and bicking something like "asstoast" could get embarassing after a while.

My username is my real name + chaos. Which is the natural order of the universe and my life in general. I feel like I chose well though when I first got on the internet I went by thedomesticdiva. The only thing I hate is when people come up to me and say something like "oooo you are -the- CoraChaos." It's a little iritating.
    definitely like your avatar... one of the best that I have seen, if not the best one (okay, second one after mine:P honestly

my username...hmmmm... it was oli allways (Oliver->Oli, Ollie)

On internet I use most Olix because Oli was most of time taken. The -X addon is just stupid for me. You can call me god if you want, I just don't care...

a 'core dump' is a term in programming that means you screwed some stuff up. therefore a 'coredumper' is someone who screws up his programs alot.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Mine is my personality at times and also a play on the spelling of my last name...

DPietz's Avatar Member

For the very first time in all my web surfing years
    (starting from the days of USNET)
    I am useing my real name.

I feel so vunerable

~D

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

painfully obvious... i've ripped off the name of the first Moonspell official release.

I got mine from someone trying to spell my name: Wanita while its really spelled Juanita. Later on, I find out that wan is a word which means: to become pale or sickly(intransitive verb); suggestive of poor health(adjective). In Old English is was spelled wann meaning dark. It also suits me, I'm pretty pale considering I'm Native. The naw is just wan backwards.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

One Eyed Cat is a tribute to my cat, Stitch. I had her transported from Wisconsin after falling in love with her on a pet site. She is actually my second one eyed cat bought in memory of my first.

I see the monicker as an ode to the unexpected and a challenge to see things from unorthodox perspectives. It has definitely taken on a life of its own. I now own 4 oneeyedcat domains. Stitch will hopefully be getting a nearly twin brother from Florida soon. I actually find observing felines to be very inspirational, especially those with one eye.

OEC

Poisondove's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    One Eyed Cat is a tribute to my cat, Stitch. I had her transported from Wisconsin after falling in love with her on a pet site. She is actually my second one eyed cat bought in memory of my first.

I see the monicker as an ode to the unexpected and a challenge to see things from unorthodox perspectives. It has definitely taken on a life of its own. I now own 4 oneeyedcat domains. Stitch will hopefully be getting a nearly twin brother from Florida soon. I actually find observing felines to be very inspirational, especially those with one eye.

OEC
    Very cool. Kinda like my inability to just get a normal cat. (Not that I really need to try). I always end up with the sickly little relinquished cats that the vet takes in and I end up nursing back to health.

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

Mine is something I wrote in a poem, and it stuck. My email name UntoldUnknown, is because I often write about mystery, which I am obsessed with.

i have used this name for almost 10 years can;t rember what inspired me to use it

flame goddess

pele and laka are names for goddesses in hawaii. one is the goddess of fire and the other is the goddess of dance, i can't remember which is which though. since i dwell in the art of poi (kind of like glowsticks on strings but with fire instead) and fire dancing is my passion, it seemed very fitting for me. i used to call myself poigirl, but after a while it wasn't original any more

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    I think so.. I'm a dig it up. I dont want to have to research it all again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    Drakken: [Dr ACK eN] from the German word 'Drache' meaning dragon.

Tobias: [to-BIE-as] Greek form of TOBIAH. Tobias is the hero of the apocryphal Book of Tobit in the Old Testament. It relates how Tobias is able to defeat a demon with the help of the archangel Raphael.

Angelou:[Angel EW ] 'Angel' or 'angelic.'

Combined into Drakken Tobias Angelou.

Well, I'm a qualified hypnotherapist, plus I love vampires.

I first started using this name when I signed up to the Chat Crypt over at Bite Me magazine , and now I'm a moderator over there !

It's quite appropriate really, as the reason I began to learn hypnosis was so I could seduce buxom virginal blondes in flowing white robes with but a single glance, just like Christopher Lee does in all those Hammer horror classics !

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Poisondove
    Very cool. Kinda like my inability to just get a normal cat. (Not that I really need to try). I always end up with the sickly little relinquished cats that the vet takes in and I end up nursing back to health.
    I'm getting my second one eyed cat by the end of the month! I'll definitely have pics of the 2 of them soon. They are nearly identical. OEC is becoming like a trademark for me, I doubt I'll ever have another 2 eyed cat.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread