+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you take supplements?

Default Do you take supplements?

Dose anyone else here take supplements on a regular basis? Vitamins? Herbs?

On a daily basis at the moment I take:

Fish oil caps.

Protein powder shakes.

Flax seed, that I grind fresh in a coffee grinder.

Lecithin.

Herbal Liver detox with Milk Thisle Seed (among other things.)

The chinese herbal tea Jiagulan/Gynostema. (I actually take this in a tea with several other herbs.)

The indian herbal tea Tulsi.

I try to get about 3 cups each of both teas everyday. They're both adaptogens which boost the immune system, provide calm energy, and help regulate things like blood pressure, and cholesterol.

Oh, yeah... and I take Tongkat Ali, just because I like feeling like ripping people's arms out of their sockets.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: Do you take supplements?

I take borage oil, fish oil, CoQ10, evening primrose, and I drink two bowls of matcha green tea daily.

I also take chinese medicine daily for acid refux.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

The morning after a heavy night I'll add a multivitamin into the mix, and if I feel any hint of a cold I take Chuck-Norris-strength vitamin C.

I don't do 'herbal'. Herbs, sure - in a curry sauce - but I don't pretend special tea hand-blended from dried yak droppings by celibate one-legged Chinese monks will make me live any longer, so I drink tea tea. Yanno - the stuff with actual tea in it.

Of course my opinion is solely my own, and based on nothing more than a few years in medicine and a brain. The delightful VB clearly shows that herbs are magical aids to health, wealth and happiness; and HempKnight shows they have a better use.

(now if you'll excuse me, I have to pop outside before I get slapped)

Bedlamite

I take Ultra Enzymes & Pepper/Ginger caps for my Stomach problems, Hawthorne for an Irregular heartbeat, Cinnamon for hypoglycemic type-issues, I cycle through various meds to try to help my heartburn without screwing up the balance with my stomach issues, and sometimes melatonin to help me sleep.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    I drink tea tea. Yanno - the stuff with actual tea in it.

(now if you'll excuse me, I have to pop outside before I get slapped)
    lol, hey I drink real tea too! I like it to be green or oolong though.... a good ceylon or darjeeling is nice too...... and yes, I drink hot herbal [I]infusions[I/] as well, mister fussy tea man. *laugh*

notice I didn't call it tea this time.

ps: how do you take your tea?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I normally am a big fan of various supplements, different ones depending on what I'm doing at the time and how I am eating and if I have a particular sort of cold or ailment or whatever. At the moment, with the state of the economy, one of the places I have really cut down is on supplements. They are just a pretty pricey item to pull from the budget. Of course, I am probably less productive without them, so there is that cost to society, but I'll hopefully die younger without them, so with that decrease is Social Security, it is probably break even for the larger society. Kinda sucks for me though.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I do a lot of sugar

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

So true! I even take tea with me when I fly - nothing confuses a prim PA in a NY office more than someone asking for "hot milky water" and producing a tea bag from his wallet. A particularly educated receptionist at Sony once asked "is that, like, legal?"

So, in answer - just-off-the-boil water, half-fat milk (added first of course), one sugar, bag left in the cup for 20 seconds. Normal British blends (PG Tips, Typhoo, Yorkshire, etc.) rather than anything fancy, and if at all possible, a dunkable digestive biscuit (note: the word 'cookie' does not work in that context). Dunking also causes great consternation in meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    mister fussy tea man. *laugh*

notice I didn't call it tea this time.

ps: how do you take your tea?

I take magnesium and 5-HTP with my MDMA to keep my muscles from clenching and my serotonin levels up, if that counts.

You tea perverts!

+ Reply to Thread