+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Marines?

econsefrern's Avatar Exiled

Default Any Marines?

I'm looking for anyone who has the experience of being a Marine to offer me friendly advice. I'm thinking about becoming a Marine, but I have a few simple questions. Does stealing happen often on bases, should I keep my good clothing at home? What's a typical day look like once you get stationed somewhere, the recruiter didn't bother to go in depth all I was told is that it starts at 7:30 and ends at 4:30? How good are the combat sports, or just recreational activities on bases? Do people usually end up with the top picks of the jobs they want? Thank you.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Default Re: Any Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by econsefrern
    I'm looking for anyone who has the experience of being a Marine to offer me friendly advice. I'm thinking about becoming a Marine, but I have a few simple questions. Does stealing happen often on bases, should I keep my good clothing at home? What's a typical day look like once you get stationed somewhere, the recruiter didn't bother to go in depth all I was told is that it starts at 7:30 and ends at 4:30? How good are the combat sports, or just recreational activities on bases? Do people usually end up with the top picks of the jobs they want? Thank you.
    are you for real or a bot? the day starts at 7:30 and ends at 4:30...? wow someone lied to you... I spent 20 years in the military and i can promise you that it isn't some office job with a lunch hour... at retirement the Army owed me at least 120 days worth of missed weekends/holidays/days off that got canceled and multiple 6 month plus deployments with no weekends... on avereage i spent 9 months a year deployed for the last 15 years of my career (part of that was due to my unit...but still...)

you get assigned to the needs of the marines (or whichever service you desire)... sometimes you get what you want... very few guarantees in the military...

what are combat sports? we call it training or war... it's for real not a sport... no do-overs there...

perhaps you are looking for a job at a paintball place...

i support anyone wanting to serve your country but think long and hard about it, it is a sacrifice...

not going to bother with the stealing question... learn to take care of your shit and it won't disappear...

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

got to be a bot...

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    got to be a bot...
    you can tell by their profiles

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

I watched Full Metal Jacked twnty times befor going int o Boot. Expect the worst hope for the best!

I married a Bot!

+ Reply to Thread