+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are your quirks/abnormalities?

Default Re: What are your quirks/abnormalities?

oh man... the only thing worse than a retard is an auspie!

(kidding dude, kidding... gently, gently. I'm a total fuckhead, so it evens out.)

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I dont have a problem when people are joking, but if they do it to be mean, I will break wichever limb I reach first.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    I'm a total fuckhead, so it evens out.
    I think that counts as a quirk.

But not an abnormality, it's far too mainstream. XP

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    besides mutton.....
    To Hell With Mutton!!!!

(except on Sundays)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Im double jointed in both arms and can spin my hand 360 (not at the wrist, the whole arm moves) and my elbow can get pushed out about 3 fingers further than normal..
    Careful with that. Look up hypermobility syndrome. I have it and it's the reason my mother has two ceramic knees and several surgical procedures on her feet. It's cool when you're younger and can do weird contortion, but as you get older the ligaments lose the tension necesary to keep the bones where their suposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Im double jointed in both arms and can spin my hand 360 (not at the wrist, the whole arm moves) and my elbow can get pushed out about 3 fingers further than normal.
    I hate fighting, but I love my Karate.
    I also have Aspurgers Syndrome (A type of autism) so I dont like people using the word "retard" as an insult.
    You have no idea how glad I am that you wrote that. I looked that up and discovered that I'm actually autistic. High functioning autism.

I started talking when I was 4, and then I talked like hell to cover for non talking period. My mom said that she could almost read my mind and knew everything that I wanted. I was really beloved child. And my first words were geld and danke which means money and thanks on German.

I got plenty of those marks that are named. I have amazing orientation skills and memory for space. I have good concentration for things I like, like physics, chemistry and electronics. I love making, mixing and playing music. Music is huge part of my life, as well as dance.
    I have sleeping habits. Can go for 3 days without sleep and then sleep 18 hours next day and 12 other and then back to 8. I actually need minimum 8 hours of sleep, not 6 as other people to function properly. I have great logic and understanding of how things and people work.
    But I go sometimes mute when there's more people around me that I'm not so familiar with. =/

Many doctors actually claim lately that difference between AS and high-functioning autism is only in speech development and regressive development in early ages. But it isn't. Theres still some slight difference between AS and HFA. HFA's aren't so clumsy and quiet
    Now, autism can really vary lot from person to person.

And then again, thanks for leading me to this discovery Dusk! If you want I can hold (more like MMA lock since I know he's into it) Buster Friendly while you decide what to do with him

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    You have no idea how glad I am that you wrote that. I looked that up and discovered that I'm actually autistic. High functioning autism.

I started talking when I was 4, and then I talked like hell to cover for non talking period. My mom said that she could almost read my mind and knew everything that I wanted. I was really beloved child. And my first words were geld and danke which means money and thanks on German.

I got plenty of those marks that are named. I have amazing orientation skills and memory for space. I have good concentration for things I like, like physics, chemistry and electronics. I love making, mixing and playing music. Music is huge part of my life, as well as dance.
    I have sleeping habits. Can go for 3 days without sleep and then sleep 18 hours next day and 12 other and then back to 8. I actually need minimum 8 hours of sleep, not 6 as other people to function properly. I have great logic and understanding of how things and people work.
    But I go sometimes mute when there's more people around me that I'm not so familiar with. =/

Many doctors actually claim lately that difference between AS and high-functioning autism is only in speech development and regressive development in early ages. But it isn't. Theres still some slight difference between AS and HFA. HFA's aren't so clumsy and quiet
    Now, autism can really vary lot from person to person.

And then again, thanks for leading me to this discovery Dusk! If you want I can hold (more like MMA lock since I know he's into it) Buster Friendly while you decide what to do with him
    Doesn't sound like that much of an affliction. What's the bad stuff about it?

In my case this.

And that can be a bonus sometimes for staying under the radar
    I also can't express emotions very good but I'm working on it

As I see it there's nothing wrong with it. For example ADHD has many advantages too, like creativity, thinking outside of the box, hyperactivity (very welcome in job market ) etc.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i have a very long tongue

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

I know I have some, but a real do not know what they are... You read something: what your quirks I wonder....hmmm great to day I notice all quirks, better to know than not know...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Doesn't sound like that much of an affliction. What's the bad stuff about it?
    I have a few: My emotions are a bit "off" most days its almost impossibe to piss me off, but other times screwing up the simplest task can make me burst into tears or almost explode from rage and some people think theres some thing a bit "off" about me, I can get majorly obsessed with things to the point of forgetting to eat or sleep, I had no social skills when I was younger and the school I was at put me through "social training", I dont have a sleep rhythm (at the moment its 3 in the mourning, and I had to restrain myself from going for a jog!), I either know exactly where I am or Im hopelessly lost (once I got lost in a outdoor carpark. True story) and I cant spell for crap even though I read like no tomorow (im reading 4 books at the momet, just finished the fith).

Alot of the things ive mentioned might be because of my AS, or completely unrelatd, but I have no idea.

I guess my worst quality is that I'm such a chill nice guy who's uber generous and easy to get along with.

That and I have a tendency to piss in the clothes hamper when I black out.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter

That and I have a tendency to piss in the clothes hamper when I black out.
    You're not alone there. I know lotsa dudes who do that. Wtf?

I know a guy who got wasted and puked on someones lounge, then decided that of he puked there then i was close enough to a toilet so he pissed on it then passed out.

In my case this.

As I see it there's nothing wrong with it. For example ADHD has many advantages too, like creativity, thinking outside of the box, hyperactivity (very welcome in job market ) etc.
    True. Conditions like HFA or ADD (yes, thank you) and some others are often only "afflictions" in contrast to the adopted system around them. In and of themselves, people with these labels simply have different methods of processing that are not intrinsically detrimental and, in fact, excel in other areas where others do not. Math might be a natural abstract process of logic to the ADD brain, but the school's method of teaching it is confusing as hell. Einstien was ADD as all get out and flunked math. It's only disfuntional when you're expected to function like everyone else.

If I had been in a school system that taught on a visual and pragmatic abstract method I wouldn't have had a "Learning disability".

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    You're not alone there. I know lotsa dudes who do that. Wtf?
    Some years ago, my brother, drunk as shit, got up in the middle of the night on Christmas eve and took a piss on all the presents. He really thought he was in the bathroom at the time. His kids that year didn't have the best Christmas.

In my case this.

I don't have your "affliction", but I'm the same way around alot of people. I just feel they probably aren't gonna get me so why bother. It's just not worth it to me. Sometimes I feel like I'm socially retarded. Being anti-social though, I find it more of a plus.

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

*putting away popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    i have a very long tongue
    you never know what kind of pickle this could get you out of...
    bwahahahaha
    I had to say something

ooh and about the drunk thing....I wouldn't find it to be a quirk or abnormality when normal doesn't exist and there seems to be a higher percentage of people who do drink, than those who do not.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i never wash my hair. maybe once every few weeks or so, when it starts styling itself and staying.
    erm.... i can't answer the phone or the door unless i know for sure who it is. even then i don't always.
    i wash my face and hands *every time* i come inside after a smoke.
    play with my tongue and lip piercings constantly, which probably means i'm orally fixated.
    *that reminds me i need more ink and metal in me NOW*
    *that sounded kinda dirty*
    i don't know what other quirks i have. lots. i'm fucked up.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

I'll be willing to oblige in getting certain things in ya.

It has some metal and ink on it. Does that count?

o_o
    i thought of another weird thing i do.
    i evidently masturbate in my sleep. i usually do not wake up until it's over...
    sometimes i do.
    sometimes i wake up, and get some help from the person sleeping next to me :3
    it's odd.
    i also pull out eyelashes.
    i'm a freak. yey!

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    o_o
    i thought of another weird thing i do.
    i evidently masturbate in my sleep. i usually do not wake up until it's over...
    sometimes i do.
    sometimes i wake up, and get some help from the person sleeping next to me :3
    it's odd.
    i also pull out eyelashes.
    i'm a freak. yey!
    The whole eyelash thing is a little strange, but masterbating in your sleep. God, that's hot!

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

Hot and vaguely comical...

I pull out eyelashes sometimes...

Comical?

If I woke up to my wife masterbating, I'd be TOTALLY turned on.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Women masturbating++++

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Oh lord, hmm....

Slight oral fixation, chewing on pens, plastic pieces, fingers, gum, etc. I grind my teeth and press my tongue against my front teeth when I try to refrain from saying something.

I am a lady of many laughs, mostly loud, I'd say they're pretty obnoxious and I'm sure it annoys some people, but its a part of who I am and I love anyone who can make me laugh!

I like to be in control of certain things, like cleaning the house a certain way and putting everything in its organized places, its the same with when I'm at work.

I get bored easily, so I have a lot of unfinished projects (shame on me), I like to change my hair color often, I have to have a vast wardrobe to fit my moods and because I like so many styles, and mixing things up, variety is nice.

There's no more obnoxious voice than this two....

Tell me if you're any close to them SS

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Haha, thank you for that. Maybe my laugh isn't that bad afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    Oh lord, hmm....

I like to be in control of certain things, like cleaning the house a certain way and putting everything in its organized places, its the same with when I'm at work.

I get bored easily, so I have a lot of unfinished projects (shame on me), I like to change my hair color often, I have to have a vast wardrobe to fit my moods and because I like so many styles, and mixing things up, variety is nice.
    word.
    i'm the same way.
    i'm not an organised person... but god help anyone who touches my stuff!

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    racist.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah, what the fuck?

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    word.
    i'm the same way.
    i'm not an organised person... but god help anyone who touches my stuff!
    ugh people who think its cool to invade personal belongings....

+ Reply to Thread