+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, Fallout 3

Default So, Fallout 3

Who else has been playing this every free moment available? They did such a good job. VATS rocks.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: So, Fallout 3

ive been playing call of duty world at war i think il pick out fallout next week ive never played any of the other games in the series but i hear its good

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

ok i was gona pick it up next week but i had some extra dough and i bought it today. god damn is it hard to put down and im not even that far into it im on my way to finding some radio station or somethin like that

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

Ach, I'm addicted to Team Fortress 2 right now. And, I dun have FO3, so none for meh.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

maybe I'll check it out

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

which version did we get? pc or whatever

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I'm installing it now. If things go well I should be away from here for a good long time.

So, uh... I just checked out the vids of game play, and noticed that someone created a video game about life in america once WcCain gets elected. Sweeet.

This game is fucking magnificent!

Got PC. Have about...37 hours in it now. 10/10 no doubt.

Gotta check it out then.

Chase the dragon.

You haven't lived until you've had a vicious wild dog leap at you off a high stone formation and you blow his head clean off in mid air.

Har!

That sounds awesome Rockwulf.

So, the game's become a tad tedious, but still awesome. The ability to fire mini-nukes is a big plus, especially when you use one to swat one of the little flies.

Unfortunately I need more ram and clean up of my HD. I played for short time and I liked it

The weapons condition runs down too fast. It's unrealistic that I could have a shotgun in pretty good condition and then after about 30 rounds it's completely inoperable. That pisses me off.

However I did find a pistol that uses regular 10mm rounds but somehow turns them to incendiary rounds so when you hit someone or something it catches fire.

So far my favorite absurdity was when I walked into the clinic in Megaton during the night. Having never been there before and unfamiliar with the layout I was moving cautiously. I turn the corner into the room full of beds and there are 4 patients that appear to be hovering vertically about 8 inches off their beds completely unconscious. This freaked me out to the point where I reflexively pumped 4 or 5 rounds into the closest ones before I realized they weren’t zombies or ghosts or something. Funniest freaky glitch ever.
    A close second has been the constant appearances of the Brotherhood guys that agree to help me. At the most random times they’ll just appear from behind me as if they’d jumped off my head. I’ve wasted quite a few rounds taking pot-shots at them before the register as friends to my startled brain.

Been replaying again as an evil guy. Coolest moment so far was being in a small destroyed town. I'm on on a cliff edge with destroyed cars/junk all down the slope. In the distance I see a bridge and one of those outcast brotherhood guys in the black/rust armor.

I pulled out the missle launcher and used VATS (5% hit chance) well...why not. Missles flys for about 15 seconds and hits the guy right in the chest.

Feels good playing the odds and winning lol.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

frelling fire ants keep turning me into bbq

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    frelling fire ants keep turning me into bbq
    Run backwards and aim for the antenna. It freaks them out and make's 'em fight each other. When I got into that portion of the game I had a sniper rifle and pretty high gun skill. I never got within 50 yards of one of those fuckers after the first time.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    So, the game's become a tad tedious, but still awesome. The ability to fire mini-nukes is a big plus, especially when you use one to swat one of the little flies.
    Overkill FTW!

I heard a rumor that the children in the game are supposed to be immune from harm. I'd love to get a screen cap of me landing a nuke and having a mushroom cloud blast right out of a little kids head while it stands there with the creepy blank look they have.

I suppose having them visible but unkillable is better than the opposite, which was their solution in the european version of Fallout 2. Gawd it was a pain in the arse to suddenly have Sulik turn on me having mowed down an invisible kid in burst fire, or having your pockets picked by the little bastards in the Den.

+ Reply to Thread