+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corporate slave no more!

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Default Corporate slave no more!

After over a decade of working in the financial sector, as a math mongering corporate slave, I AM FREE!
    Nearly two decades to the day from when I first began life on my own terms, I am doing it again. Yesterday I gave notice and at the end of November, I will no longer be working for others.
    I have to admit that I am very nervous, but equally excited. Although I have a tons of obligations (financial, personal, etc.), I know I can do this. Now I get to work for myself, doing what I want and focusing on my priorities.

FUK YEAH!

Default Re: Corporate slave no more!

congrats!

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

*w00t*
    good luck!

Congrats dude! You should shit in your file cabinet on your last day.
    If that's to bold you should grab a ream of paper and with a red sharpie write SATAN randomly through out, and then stick it into the copy machine.

You have a great opportunity to settle scores with all the douche-bags in your office. Not an opportunity to be wasted in my opinion.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

To elaborate on that, if you're feeling very... bored, right "All work and no play makes *name of you* a dull boy" on every 5 sheets.

>_>

What are you going to do to make a living now that you are in your own employ?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

With the whole recession thing, do you think it's a good time to go out on your own now?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

obligations can be annoying...................good luck

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Toe & Dr.Z : although I like your ideas, I think I will pass; may need that bridge later on.

Bat & Ajax: I've been working independently for about 11 years now; so I've basically worked 2 full time gigs for over a decade! I have some funds saved up, and enough projects to keep me busy for at least the next 2 months; I even have a god damn waiting list!

Although the economy is really bad right now, work for me has been pretty good. I even had to enlist a couple of long time friends to keep up with the pace. Seems odd, but WTF, I'll take it. I'm not going be to napping all day and drinking all night; tho' that would be nice. I still have to work, but now, it's for me. Fuk that feels so good to say!

Any other former corporate slaves here on BB?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by theUnclean
    Toe & Dr.Z : although I like your ideas, I think I will pass; may need that bridge later on.

Bat & Ajax: I've been working independently for about 11 years now; so I've basically worked 2 full time gigs for over a decade! I have some funds saved up, and enough projects to keep me busy for at least the next 2 months; I even have a god damn waiting list!

Although the economy is really bad right now, work for me has been pretty good. I even had to enlist a couple of long time friends to keep up with the pace. Seems odd, but WTF, I'll take it. I'm not going be to napping all day and drinking all night; tho' that would be nice. I still have to work, but now, it's for me. Fuk that feels so good to say!

Any other former corporate slaves here on BB?

I was never a corporate slave because I was always a contractor and always willing to walk. A thing I enjoy less now is that I don't feel like I could just totally walk away abruptly any time I had a bad day.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

congrats and many blessings on future prosperity

+ Reply to Thread