+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you eat for breakfast?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What do you eat for breakfast?

For years, I didn't really eat breakfast because I'm not a morning person. So, if I had to get up in the morning, I was not going to make myself queasier by trying to eat before my body was really awake. Plus those extra 15 minutes of sleep were always a bonus.

I liked pancakes and waffles and bacon, but I generally ate them only at the end of a late night.

A lot of breakfast food does not fit in too well with what is best for me to eat. Been trying to eat at the beginning of the day though. Supposed to be better for steady energy through the day and you are more likely to burn the calories than if you eat most right before bedtime.

Do you eat breakfast? What do you eat for breakfast?

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Default Re: What do you eat for breakfast?

Mmmm... breakfast...

Although I generally am not a morning person (I just happen to still be up) if I have to be a daywalker and actually do things, gotta have the OJ (not the Bronco fleeing one)... steak and eggs is good too.

Really more of a dinner for breakfast person... and breakfast for dinner... can't beat the late night Denny's Grand Slam or whatever is the $3.99 deal. (Ain't cheap to eat around here... so a penny pinched here and there is a good thing... gotta have smokes )

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Today, I had a little breakfast burrito.

I went to a nutritionist not long ago who told me that if you don't consume something when you wake up your body continues to think it is fasting and conserves fat. Which sucks but makes sense. So, I have been trying to have something really high in protien early in the morning. (Even if I kind of have to force it down.) Beef jerky....a few slices of steak or other left over meat thing, a slice or two of cheese. Not exactly breakfasty, but really seems to give the best enerty. I find that high sugar stuff just makes me want to nap at 11am.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Yeah, that whole eat a danish thing doesn't work for me at all. There was a period of time when I was really super anemic as a kid and my mom would make me eat these little breakfast steaks every morning. I think I need my mommy to come make me eat right. I'm hoping Frosty knows something I don't and is planning on wintering in Hell.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

lucky charms or cap'n crunch

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i usually eat cereal wich works nicely because it is light enough to not make me sick. (although sometimes if i am seriously running on sleep deprives schedule i will eat a four course breakfast just to have the energy to get through the day though my stomache doesn't like it it works)

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

McPussy Burger

Now, THAT'S breakfast....
    Lunch
    Dinner
    In-between meal snack

Even Atkin's Appoved

Sorry... just HAD to.

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

nothing unfortunately. Ever since I was young..I could never eat in the morning..i am never hungry and I just have no desire to eat. But when I am every blue moon...I eat a salt bagel w/ cream cheese(tons of it).

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I dont wake up till like noon unless i have class and when i have class I skip breakfast

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

Leftovers. I can usually force myself to eat whatever I ate for dinner the night before as a morning meal. I only eat twice a day usually so it does get to suck after a couple of months. But anything to save money.

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

When I was still in High School cookie dough ice cream had just become popular andi had this thing of waking up and running right to the freezer for some of it.

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

First I eat a banana and then I make one litre coffee and go for morning tobacco. The banana is because I have bad stomache and it makes it a bit better. I know coffee isn't some what the best think for stomache.

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

oatmeal and grapes

Bran buds. They are like the pellet food aliens would feed us if we were in an alien zoo. Tastes like shit, but boy are they good for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett1313
    nothing unfortunately. Ever since I was young..I could never eat in the morning..i am never hungry and I just have no desire to eat. But when I am every blue moon...I eat a salt bagel w/ cream cheese(tons of it).
    Don't eat dinner, then you'll be hungry. It's better to skip dinner than breakfast, unless you are trying to gain weight. And salt bagels are fucking delicious!

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

lately i have been eating honey nut cheerios before i go to school

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

grilled cheese sandwiches...yummy stuff.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I'm usually going to bed somewhen around 8-11am and get up around 6 or 7pm, so I dunno if breakfast would be the right word. Takes me like an hour or so until my stomach's awake enough to eat something, usually the mortal remains of my lunch. Cold pizza or pasta stuff.
    If I have to get up early, say 7am, I'm fine with a coffee. Can't eat anything before 11 really.

I don't really eat nothing for breakfast if I eat some it's some yoghurt with cherry's or tea with cookies. or some bread with cheese

Lots of coffee, little bit of cereal and then a lot of coffee. Only pretend to be awake before 10 am.

graecona's Avatar Member

...i love huge breakfasts...a nice cup of hot brewed coffee with cream...hash browns or mashed potato...sometimes i eat steaks then i'll have ice creme afterwards...

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

i havent been eating breakfast as we currently have no bread for toast and cereals taste bad but when im at college and i hae no first lesson or decide to wander in to first lesson 20minutes late i have a big fat fry up with bacon, eggs sauseges, fried bread beans and hash browns yum yum easily the best way to start the day

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

Unfortunatly (or not) a handful of about 16 pills and coffee!

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

Eating first thing in the morning's sick. Come to think of it, pretty much anything first thing in the morning's sick. I can occasionally manage a cake with my coffee if I've got a busy day ahead. Incidentally, in my experience, German breakfasts are about the most indigestible I've discovered.

Minx Hates You's Avatar Junior Member

an ORANGE.. a TOAST!!!!..and a big glass of water!! ,mmmmmmmm

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Lately its been microwaved egg bagels (my toaster didn't move well) With tofuttie better than cream cheese and Coffee. I always have coffee though.

+ Reply to Thread