+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Is Your Popularity Rating?

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Default What Is Your Popularity Rating?

Now, don't say "I don't care" (we know your just trying to be cool). Do you find yourself popular in one place more than another? Or, at a certain time of day more than another? When you dress differently? Better on the old 'net than in person? I dare you to rate yourself!

It's benefit could mostly be your own...

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: What Is Your Popularity Rating?

Well it's just true that you are more popular among the girls when your taken. Maybe it's because you seem more confident and you'r not trying to peep under their skirt.

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

id say a rough 5/10, mainly because i try to stay under thy radar as much as possible. and im more popular at night, for some odd reason. Also with my group of friends im more self-confident, thus making me come out of my "shell" a little bit

Most people don't like me because I am a stranger to them, but the people who get to know me like me a whole lot! So I guess I'm not popular, but I am lovable. *shrug* Idon't know what my score would be if this were a test.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Most people don't like me because I am a stranger to them, but the people who get to know me like me a whole lot! So I guess I'm not popular, but I am lovable. *shrug* Idon't know what my score would be if this were a test.

You are lovable...

*bear hug*

I look big and bad but when you get along with me you just love me....

I'm having problems with finding good friends.... mostly that I meet is because I need to, because I'm new in sweden and I need to make contacts with people.... fucking society...

And now I know more than I would like to know.......... Turning off my phone when I want rest

ALL THIS IS GONNA BE YESTERDAY TOMORROW.... hopefuly....

I'd have to say I'm at 69%

Not just because I like the number 69...
    my favourite number is 68...
    blow me and I'll owe you one.

But back on topic...
    I'm generally liked by everyone...
    some until they get to know me, then they just think I'm an asshole
    (which I am, I'll be the first to admit it... get on my bad side and find out)
    and some think I'm an asshole to start off with and then they get to know me
    and change their mind for some reason.
    I know alot of people can't stand that I am too truthful,
    and tend to say shit that makes them nervous, I've never seen the point in lying.
    Where does it get you? How are you to keep it all straight? What greater benifit does it have
    and how is it going to affect those people?
    Eventually the cracks in your story get bigger and you fall though.
    Even as a kid, I would just blurt out whatthefuckever came to mind,
    if that old dude stank, I'd say so. Never saw a reason to hold my tongue... as a kid.
    As an adult, I had to learn to... but still at times would just have to say something.

I tend to get along with EVERYONE, on some level or another...
    it wasn't always that way... living as a skinhead in Detroit
    probably wasn't a shining example of good judgement.
    But at the time (and you would have to understand my background
    and upbringing for my poor decisions) it seemed like a good idea.
    Since those days... oh sooooo many years ago...
    I have since 'seen the light' and have repented for my wicked ways.
    Spending a couple years working in the ghetto, humbled and made me very appreciative of
    ALL people, no matter race, creed, financal status or sexual preference.

If you don't believe that I've changed (which some still don't) you can ask Nudemuse...
    in case you haven't figured it out, she is my girlfriend,
    we have been together for a couple years... one online and one in real life...
    and if you haven't looked at our profile pics... she's the gorgeous black girl and I'm the big scary white dude.

And I can truly say. I'm so fucking GOTH, my girlfriend is BLACK.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I don't really know if I'm 'popular' I'm generally the oddest person people know. And most of them aren't shy about telling me which I find amusing.

Um...I think people like me but sometimes I have a hard time telling if they are being polite or if it's an actual 'I like you' situation.

And despite what Mr Hempknight there says he's not scary lookin and everybody loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    As the Hempknight says- you are hugable- you are kissable and all the other 'ables' that you damn right know I'm thinking abt...sweet dreams -P.

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    Um...I think people like me but sometimes I have a hard time telling if they are being polite or if it's an actual 'I like you' situation.

And despite what Mr Hempknight there says he's not scary lookin and everybody loves him.

Well I can say that I not only like you two but I lurve you two!

And now that sugar is out of the way....I would have to say I am pretty popular in that I have a ton of acquaintences. I can't go anyplace without someone saying hello to me. Hell, I can be in a new city and someone who has met me before will find me and say hello. It can be kind of unnerving. But honestly, none of these people know much about me. If pressed, they couldn't tell you my fave color or band or how I got the scar under my lip. (Its all very Fordish really). So where does that put me? I have no freaking clue. At least my picture isn't in the tabloids...that much.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHotpants
    Well I can say that I not only like you two but I lurve you two!

YAAAAAAAAAAY

We loves you too...
    and miss you too.
    You fucking ray of sunshine you

Can't wait for another visit with you guys... maybe we will come down there... when it's not 106 degrees... hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse

...........And despite what Mr Hempknight there says he's not scary lookin and everybody loves him.

AM TOO....

RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR

See... scared you, didn't I?

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    Now, don't say "I don't care" (we know your just trying to be cool). Do you find yourself popular in one place more than another? Or, at a certain time of day more than another? When you dress differently? Better on the old 'net than in person? I dare you to rate yourself!

It's benefit could mostly be your own...
    But I really don't care ,p
    I did tho, when I was younger. Dressed like a gothband faggot, just to impress similar dressed people and to shock the common breed. I'm too old for that shit now, I just dress like I feel.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

all throuought high school i was more popular among the younger kids than people my own age for some reason. All the realy popular people were in a gang and carried weapons to school so i think thats the thing that kept me from being popular among my own age group

Yeah, Desert Eagles outscore cutlasses, nowadays..

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

I haven't ever liked being in the "popular circles". People who belong in to them are often back staber and they have habit of despising and bullying those who are not that popular.

I'm generally incredibly popular with people I don't care to know, and people I'd actually want to talk to don't talk to me. But that comes from living in a town full of rednecks and nobody feels like driving all the way out here to hang out. If I actually get a ride into town, everyone hangs around me and wants to talk to me. Guess that's just how lazy people I know are.

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    Yeah, Desert Eagles outscore cutlasses, nowadays..

YES, yes they do... would much rather come across someone with a cutlass though.
    Have yet to see a laser sighted cutlass that can kill from a 1/4 mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by HempKnight
    YES, yes they do... would much rather come across someone with a cutlass though.
    Have yet to see a laser sighted cutlass that can kill from a 1/4 mile away.
    I've seen that one movie with that muscular amazon chick who escapes from the future as a child, together with her mother, and crashes in africa. Rebels shot her mom and she's rised by some zulu tribe. When she's investigating the time-travelling-capable spaceship of her mother, she discovers a laserguided bowie-knife. That about sums it up.

Mother Superior

I am popular with the people that count that's all that matters to me.

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

At school i was never popular, which i why i could have quite happily set fire to everyone i went to school with... minus about 20 people.

Now i can only feel really myself if i'm surrounded by people i know and love, theres no way in hell that i'd ever stand up in front of a crowd of people and talk or anything, but when it's just me and my mates i can GM the roleplay group no problem!

And i know i keep banging on about Rio's, but i know half the nightclub and i'm guarenteed a hug between entering the front door and the cloakroom!

THAT rocks!

me at work, shirt and tie etc... 1/10
    Me at Rio's friday night, new rocks 591's wristbands from friends & hugs all night... 11/10.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i think the only time i was part of the "popular" crowd was in 4th and 5th grade hehe... ive always been pretty shy and i dont really like a lot of people. the majority of my good friends are outside of school. ive always been too insecure to go hang out with any of my school aquaintances. my little sister is a cheerleader, my brother is a football player, both of my parents were popular when they were kids, they dont understand why im the "weirdo." i personally am content with being me, and having the friends that i do have. Most of the people where i live who i have come in contact with in my life have tended to be superficial, dumb, and annoying

Bwahahah!!! All the old dudes love me!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Im not popular at all Im really shy and hate going to parties unless i get reall drunk first but everyone that nows me thinks im great whatever popularity is overrated anyway

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Not too sure... many seem to stay away from me. At school last year I was voted "Most Unique Boy" then my crush at the time was voted "Most Unique Girl". One of my enemies was going to win cause they were tied, and the last vote went to my enemy... so I gave it to my crush

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I'm well known but not well liked.
    Everyone knows my name because I live in a small town and there aren't to many boys that wear skirts to school. Guys hate me, girls like me, and both think I'm gay. I have a couple close friends thats all a guy really needs.

I rate myself 4/10

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i got my men working on said contraption have you been snooping around me ship? harr

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I have never been popular, I have been written about as though I should be but I local zine siad some nice things about me, but I jus love muics and read alot so I know alot of what is going on. My skateboard fraternity say I should have been duane peters younger brother, but most of all I am ver scoial for one reason..I AM SUPER shy and if there is one thing I dreasd is wqhen I become silent my paranoi sets in so to conquer that and to answer the questions people are asking....I talk and have a tendecy to be very synical and commical. I think I scare people alot because i am extremely honest and I don't lie about anything, I accept my shit stinks, that my typing has alot to be offered but what you get here is what you would get in the flesh. but the truth is I really don't give a fuck about what people think? are you sure you wanna know what i think about this thread? I think it's silly and stupid it could be a ruse de gurre as a way to study the members of blueblood to see who goes off and who doesn't, I dunno...sometimes though peole really don't give a fuck about such things and they find that people who do..are kinda entertaining in a sporting kind of way, kinda like watching a running back break 4 tackles and start to stumble and fall to the ground with no one in sight. Most people aren't worth the time or effort to get upset over and especially a person half assed opinion...which this is....but if it was full as would that make me bi?

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

mine is probably pretty low, mt wife say's the reason people tend to shy away from me is because they're scared of me...not because i'm a scary lookin' dude or nothing but because of the way i sound when i speak my wife says i have an intimidating voice...whatever that means. she knew me in high school and say's it's always been that way...she also blames the fact that i have a perminent scowl line on my forhead that makes me look forever pissed...even when i smile i don't look happy i'm told

Quote Originally Posted by devilmutt
    mine is probably pretty low, mt wife say's the reason people tend to shy away from me is because they're scared of me...not because i'm a scary lookin' dude or nothing but because of the way i sound when i speak my wife says i have an intimidating voice...whatever that means. she knew me in high school and say's it's always been that way...she also blames the fact that i have a perminent scowl line on my forhead that makes me look forever pissed...even when i smile i don't look happy i'm told
    When I have my "thinking" face on people think I'm angry. When I'm listening to someone. I look at the ground and point my ear directly at the person who is speaking, even though I have my ear closer to their mouth than most would feel comfortable with, many think I'm ignoring them.

The voice thing sure interests me. Some of us wear our soul "on our sleeve" in some ways. For me, it comes out as a seemingly opposite emotion on my face.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

that depends at school i was the second most hated person in my year but then my year was made up nearly entirely of "townies" (def they hang around street corners in stolen blim burned sports gear shouting abuse at anyone who doesnt, which is i suppose why i was so hated) but then i went to college where i was liked by everyone i met maybe people are more accepting in the tiny tiny city of worcester or maybe its just to do with social status

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

there have been very few times that i had anyone actually admit (or make it obvious enough) that they didn't like me... but i know there are a certain percentage of people who would say "well yeah he is a nice guy i just don't really like hanging out with him"

the only exception to that is people who get on my nerves (usually b/c they are total assholes who make me want to kick the shit out of them) in that case i make it so obvious that i don't like them until they realize that there better off not talking to me (in which case they obviously hate me too)

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    When I have my "thinking" face on people think I'm angry. When I'm listening to someone. I look at the ground and point my ear directly at the person who is speaking, even though I have my ear closer to their mouth than most would feel comfortable with, many think I'm ignoring them.

The voice thing sure interests me. Some of us wear our soul "on our sleeve" in some ways. For me, it comes out as a seemingly opposite emotion on my face.
    yeah, i can be completely joking with someone and because of the tone of my voice they tend to take it to heart. i'm apparently not very good at conveying which emotion i'm trying to get across.

ex: the other night i was at a bar with my wife and one of her girlfriends she used to work with. the girl had her boyfriend with her(that i had never met before) well he accidently bumped into me and spilled some of his drink on my shirt. i wasn't worried about it, so he said he was sorry and i jokingly said(in my best sarcastic tone) "boy i'll rip your lips off and kiss my ass with'em"...i even laughed after i said it and patted him on the back. about twenty minutes later they left and the next day the girl told my wife it was because i had made dude nervous...it was just a joke.

yeah, i can be completely joking with someone and because of the tone of my voice they tend to take it to heart. i'm apparently not very good at conveying which emotion i'm trying to get across.

ex: the other night i was at a bar with my wife and one of her girlfriends she used to work with. the girl had her boyfriend with her(that i had never met before) well he accidently bumped into me and spilled some of his drink on my shirt. i wasn't worried about it, so he said he was sorry and i jokingly said(in my best sarcastic tone) "boy i'll rip your lips off and kiss my ass with'em"...i even laughed after i said it and patted him on the back. about twenty minutes later they left and the next day the girl told my wife it was because i had made dude nervous...it was just a joke.
    Well, you were in the military, right (or are)? I think that can do things to a person's personality when they've been involved with conflicts overseas. My brother has had serious personality changes and is definetly different in how he comes across socially. Of course, it seems to be the oppositie in his case, in some ways, he seems really meek when he's actually pretty upset about things.

In a personal way though, I notice that place can have a lot to do with how people react to you too. In some places/areas I am totally loved. I can walk down the street and talk to complete strangers and I do fine (like Seattle or San Diego). But, in others I merely ask for directions or thank someone at a checkout counter and they get all quiet and uncomfortable with my tone somehow (like in Idaho or Portland, Oregon). Anyway, if your in a big city, maybe the hangout or part of town is the thing. I've had that in some towns in Washington State and California (San Francisco or Spokane).

i was active duty but now i'm on reserve status, and i think your right in alot of cases military brings about monsterous personality changes.
    i'm not so sure it did in my case, but maybe. i remember when i left for boot camp the only thing my mother seemed worried about was that her son would come home a different person, she seemed relieved when she came to boot camp graduation and i was still the same person. not that they don't try to change you in boot camp brecuase they do, not in some evil brainwash kinda way, more of a change the way you look at things sorta way. boot camp was more about teaching you to deal with stress more then anything, it's like the movie full metal jacket, the drill instructors run around like mad men screaming at the top of their lungs just to keep you off balance.
    it was a really stange experience.

i was active duty but now i'm on reserve status, and i think your right in alot of cases military brings about monsterous personality changes.
    i'm not so sure it did in my case, but maybe. i remember when i left for boot camp the only thing my mother seemed worried about was that her son would come home a different person, she seemed relieved when she came to boot camp graduation and i was still the same person. not that they don't try to change you in boot camp brecuase they do, not in some evil brainwash kinda way, more of a change the way you look at things sorta way. boot camp was more about teaching you to deal with stress more then anything, it's like the movie full metal jacket, the drill instructors run around like mad men screaming at the top of their lungs just to keep you off balance.
    it was a really stange experience.
    I can only imagine. My brother was fine after boot camp too. It was war and violent confrontations that changed him. I don't know if anything in America is outright brainwashing anymore, you'd have lawsuits aplenty. But, I do see subtle ways in which people are brainwashed in a lot of places, more TV & movies, than anywhere else. But, of course, those are the places where great exposes are run too.

Isn't it interesting considering the deeper levels of such things?

what branch of the service was or is your brother in?

what branch of the service was or is your brother in?
    I have quite a few family and friends that have been in all branches. But, my brother, like most of my family, is a Marine.

Hhhorah

+ Reply to Thread