+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And all is right with the world.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default And all is right with the world.

I didn't realise how much i missed my BB hoodie (after losing it at SEA-TAC) until a happy box appeared today with my name on. it. I has my Hoodie back! *happy hoodie dance* nothing fits quite like the BB hoodies in XL. Esp since the inner fuzzy is just so warm and soft. Nothing else really measures up. My one roomie is jealous and thinking of sending off for one of his own after the holidays, cause it really is the perfect sweater. Much love many kisses and if you want, a box of cookies is in it for you Miss Amelia, with all my thanks.

~K

Default Re: And all is right with the world.

aaawww, that's so heartwarming I'm going to have to go punch my fist through a toddler's chest.

...although it got me thinking "JUST WHERE THE HELL CAN I FIND ONE OF THESE WONDER BEAST PELT HOODIES??" I began looking for a link to the Blue Blood store, and realizing that I'm a luddite retard just couldn't find the dang thing? What the heck? Am I going blind?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

totally! I love my bb hoodie. someone stole mine here, and I was totally stoked to receive one from miss G in the mail.

i think i may have slept in my hoodie last night had it not been removed to shower. they really are the awesome-est things. and they aren't paying me to say that either.

~K

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I feel you. they really are pretty rad. they are really soft inside and stay that way even after lots of washing.

Okay, am I still just not seeing the super obvious link to the Blue Blood Store?

*buster goes and sits in corner wearing his dunce cap*

bluebloodboutique.com

there you go Buster.

~K

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Actually, the store is temporarily closed, which is why the usual link at the top of the site is not there. (You are not crazy or blind, Buster.) With what was happening with gas, freight was just getting ridiculous and it was changing too constantly. I'm not sure what the final plan on that is going to be. It just seemed unfair to ask international customers to pay as much for shipping as for the clothing, but it seemed unwise to lose $$ on every sale too, ya know. And it was just impossible where every time the pricing for shipping would be updated, the cost of freight would change again. Plus the USPS was losing an abnormally high % of stuff shipped. Not sure if, in tough economic times, people steal their neighbors' packages more or what. Sending stuff with signature required helps but costs more and some people never get around to signing for stuff and then wonder where their shipment is. There are a number of ways we can address it as freight pricing stabilizes and such, but it is difficult to parse out the best one.

What do you guys think makes the most sense to do?

Ah thank you ladies.

Yeah, for a second there I was like "huh, wtf?" because I always remember it from the past.

I dunno Amelia, I worked in shipping in the past, and I know that rates can be crazy. My bosses just over charged everyone so that when the occasional insaniod shipment came in, and we got hosed on the shipping it all evened out.

Can't really give you a better alternative there, but I understand what you're dealing with. My old bosses would simply refuse to ship to some countries, it just wasn't worth the hassle sometimes.

i went looking for it and had to type it out. i don't know why i didn't think that it was down for maintained or something, i just assumed something was broken or i was missing something. you know, problem exists between chair and keyboard, or there's a glitch in the webz.

i srsly dunno what to do about shipping. that sounds like a hassle i didn't eve think of when i considered an online shop. (i'm sure you all have noticed the complete lack of n00bcakery.com. couldn't get a license for the biz.) the mind boggles.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

That sucks, all my jackets were stolen, including my BB hoodie. What a dick.

Glad you got another one;]

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    What do you guys think makes the most sense to do?
    ^^...^^ k & VB have promoted this merch very well - seemingly unprompted - In fact I want some now so the other kids in the playground will laugh at me. I hope you go back into business soon

Maybe you could offer different rates of postage e.g. from a basic "at your own risk" type of minimum charge up to a fully tracked and insured premium amount (plus something reasonable for packing, your time and a small contingency fee built in somewhere as BusterF suggests).

Yep it's going to mean keeping up to date with postal rates and maintaining your site accordingly but it is pretty good promotion for you I would think... then again it depends on what sort of degenerate is seen wearing the stuff. They gotta be hot happening ones even if their morals or character is deviant from normal standards. Not those whose hotness has... erm... well... degenerated too much (assuming they ever had any).

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

so no ugly people should be allowed to buy BB merch?

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

not exactly... but everyone should know or be gently told what amount of the hoody they need to close over their face to maximise their looks. I have done hand modelling so I'm an expert on everything aesthetic of course. I know my best angle is the back of my head... in the dark. Some of my favourite and most successful amorous liaisons have been where the other participant is blindfolded and I just figured out why while writing this - it helps them as much as me

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    so no ugly people should be allowed to buy BB merch?
    Give it out for free to hot people.

Works for parties. Free/half entry for being dressed up nice works out far better than turning people not meeting a code away altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    That sucks, all my jackets were stolen, including my BB hoodie. What a dick.

Glad you got another one;]
    Hey, I lost my hoodie too.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon

it depends on what sort of degenerate is seen wearing the stuff.
    Ha Ha! Too late, I've already got one!

But yes, it IS super warm and comfy. I hope the store opens up again soon. I may be wearing mine thin by now

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

***it depends on what sort of degenerate is seen wearing the stuff***

I thought we were all degenerates here.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    but everyone should know or be gently told what amount of the hoody they need to close over their face to maximise their looks
    lol

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I wants one, but im poor.....

my boyfriend has totally yoinked my hoodie. he's been walking around in nothing but his tight black jeans and the BB hoodie and looking exceptionally yummy. I think i'm going to take some pics of him in my hoodie and share the love.

~k

Store is still closed

+ Reply to Thread