+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heaviest Ball of Twine!

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Heaviest Ball of Twine!

While I was on vacation my aunt called my Grandma about a story that would be on the news with Katie Couric, not telling us what it was about, but it involved a relative of mine (by marriage). So I ended up watching it and it was for the heaviest ball of twine, I just had to laugh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggest_ball_of_twine

Heaviest ball of twine ever built
    In Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin, James Frank Kotera, who likes to be known as JFK, claims to have made the biggest ball of twine ever built. He started it in 1979 and is still working. JFK estimates, by measuring the weight of each bag of twine that he winds on, that the ball weighs 19,336 pounds (8,770 kg), making it the heaviest ball of twine ever built. The ball is housed in an open-air enclosure in JFK's lawn. The ball has a smaller companion, "Junior", that is made of string.

Default Re: Heaviest Ball of Twine!

Why.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

why not?

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Why.
    because he can
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    why not?
    because greedy stockpiling of twine like this plays havoc with it's price in the commodity markets

yeah, yeah, yeah.......................hoarding is good, at least it's not old newspapers

I love Wisconsin. They have a ton of really cool stuff like that there. This last summer I went to a bar there called the Moccasin bar. It's wicked, there is all this great taxidermy of animals playing cards or ice fishing. They also have the worlds largest mounted muskie. Best part is beers are $1.50 and they have pulltabs AND you can smoke. The fishing hall of fame is also in Hayward. They have a bunch of huge fiberglass fish in this open park area. When I was there I was speaking to an old woman at the fishing hall of fame and apparently there is some controversy over who has the worlds largest mounted muskie because they too have an extremely large muskie. She made it sound like tempers were flaring-up over it.

There is some really weird religious stuff in Wisconsin to. The Virgin Mary Miracle Site is surreal. Built on the site where the virgin mary appeared in the 50's. Worth checking out.

Wisconsin is one of my favorite states. You can own a silencer there!

It's so cool your related to that guy! I'd be dropping FDRs name all the time if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I'd be dropping FDRs name all the time if I were you.
    She could do that. And then when she wants to talk about the twine-master she could drop JFKs name

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    She could do that. And then when she wants to talk about the twine-master she could drop JFKs name
    I'm a retard

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I love Wisconsin. They have a ton of really cool stuff like that there. This last summer I went to a bar there called the Moccasin bar. It's wicked, there is all this great taxidermy of animals playing cards or ice fishing. They also have the worlds largest mounted muskie. Best part is beers are $1.50 and they have pulltabs AND you can smoke. The fishing hall of fame is also in Hayward. They have a bunch of huge fiberglass fish in this open park area. When I was there I was speaking to an old woman at the fishing hall of fame and apparently there is some controversy over who has the worlds largest mounted muskie because they too have an extremely large muskie. She made it sound like tempers were flaring-up over it.

There is some really weird religious stuff in Wisconsin to. The Virgin Mary Miracle Site is surreal. Built on the site where the virgin mary appeared in the 50's. Worth checking out.

Wisconsin is one of my favorite states. You can own a silencer there!

It's so cool your related to that guy! I'd be dropping FDRs name all the time if I were you.
    Sounds like fun, I haven't been out to Wisconsin in quite a few years, but I only go to visit relatives, nice to know there are things a little more exciting than bars on every corner.

I don't know if I would want to be a name dropper, since I never actually met the guy, but I could be subtle and tell them my name since anyone with my last name seems to be related to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Why.
    Everyones got some wierd collections or quirks, and who knows, maybe he knows something the rest of us don't, it could be the new currency, lol!

Ubiquitress's Avatar Senior Member

yeah freaks with too much string, things of this nature please me to no end,I wish to someday join their ranks,hahaha...no really I do.

pointlessness makes the world go 'round - clearly

10,000 years from now it might be archeology

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    10,000 years from now it might be archeology
    For sure! Like maybe Stonehenge was made by some fruity Druid, right?

MrGosh's Avatar Junior Member

I don't understand this at all

+ Reply to Thread