+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reading Atlas Shrugged at bedtime may be disrupting my sleep schedule.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Reading Atlas Shrugged at bedtime may be disrupting my sleep schedule.

Reading Atlas Shrugged at bedtime may be disrupting my sleep schedule.

Default Re: Reading Atlas Shrugged at bedtime may be disrupting my sleep schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    yeah, that would disrupt my digestion.

I'd be vomiting all night.

Default Re: Reading Atlas Shrugged at bedtime may be disrupting my sleep schedule.

Thinking too much disrupts my sleep schedule. I just get caught up in thoughts and ideas and what not and it's not unusual for me to lay down in bed for hours just thinking or daydreaming with lights off.

Btw, Mr Karl already mentioned that book. Is it good? What is it about? Worth my book time?

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

I finished Fountainhead about a month ago...Ayn Rand is one of my favorites *_*

Her concepts are wonderfully brilliant, she definitely takes the long journey around to arrive at the same destination.

Maybe just this once...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

it's funny because I just read that Ayn Rand was on speed all the time.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

ahaha.
    i have never read her works.
    i don't care to.
    someday i might get around to it if i really decide it's worth it.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah it's a page turner all right

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    You can tell by reading the stuff she comes up with, tbh. It'd be hysterical to feed her an E sometime and see what she starts spewing then.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

It sure isn't answering PM's that's keeping you up.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I understand you completely Amelia. While I am not of Rand's economic persuasion, we both see how it is in terms of knocking down those who do things. We'll kick their asses this spring.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    It sure isn't answering PM's that's keeping you up.

It is against forum rules for Rockwulf to whine. I have an email in to the person who does mailing, but I don't think so. Although I'd like to say yes and request that you make and post videos of you interrogating your neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory

A Dexamyl prescription is not exactly crystal meth abuse, but it does make her anti-drug stance misguided at best and kind of hilarious at worst.

Personally, I have zero issues with it if somebody else wants to put a chemical in their body that I don't wish to put in mine. It only bothers me if (a) they try to pressure me into doing whatever they are doing, (b) they try to pass judgment on my choices, or (c) they start doing rotten things i.e. I have no problem with junkies, but I do object to someone stealing my TV to hock it for horse.

I agree. and it doesn't change my opinion of her in anyway. but I just found it to be a little bit ironic connection.

It is against forum rules for Rockwulf to whine. I have an email in to the person who does mailing, but I don't think so. Although I'd like to say yes and request that you make and post videos of you interrogating your neighbors.
    You read it with a whine but I typed it with my typical sarcastic sneer.

We'll have to see what's up with my neighbors. My birthday's next Thursday so it'll all hinge on how many of my packages get through. You may have some interesting video popping up soon.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

If I get into a book I wont go to bed unless I finish or get bored, pick up a different one and notice what the time is.
    Maybe I should finish my writing my book, that could get me some monies....

How does writing go with AS?
    I can't write for shit.

Ive got creativity, but ive got a crap memory.
    I have alot of lyric books that have been lost to the ages but I cant draw for shit xD

My friend has asked me to write a bit a few scenes for her short stories, and she liked them, just said it was weird the amount of detail I could go to when a character dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    If I get into a book I wont go to bed unless I finish or get bored, pick up a different one and notice what the time is.
    Maybe I should finish my writing my book, that could get me some monies....

While I sometimes find that is the case for me, in the instance of Atlas Shrugged, the thing keeping me up is more the concepts and ideas in the book than the book itself. The actual book is too densely written to read in one sitting.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

...but I do object to someone stealing my TV to hock it for horse.
    what use would a junkie have with a horse? i'm pretty sure that a horse costs a lot more than a TV set... so a junkie would have to steal a lot of TV sets to buy a horse...

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

you people are strange.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I could use some reardon steel

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    what use would a junkie have with a horse? i'm pretty sure that a horse costs a lot more than a TV set... so a junkie would have to steal a lot of TV sets to buy a horse...

They use horses to rule the junkyard.

I usually read most books in one or two days max. My Fabulous Book Club for Fabulous People normally meets every month and this time we took two months just to read the first half of Atlas Shrugged and I actually needed the time. This book is far more moving and head fucking than I remotely expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust

you people are strange.

Are you saying you would never read anything which disturbed your sleep or commenting on Mr. Illuminati pretending not to know horse = heroin for humorous effect?

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Are you saying you would never read anything which disturbed your sleep or commenting on Mr. Illuminati pretending not to know horse = heroin for humorous effect?
    OMG horse is code for heroin? no wonder the dudes on the corners in Baltimore always look at me funny when i ask them why they are selling horses so cheap... and where the hell do they keep horses in the inner city...

...ticket to ride the white line highway...

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    OMG horse is code for heroin? no wonder the dudes on the corners in Baltimore always look at me funny when i ask them why they are selling horses so cheap... and where the hell do they keep horses in the inner city...

...ticket to ride the white line highway...

That would be sooooooooooo much fun to feign ignorance of slang like that in social situations.

I was actually talking about horse on another messageboard a week or so ago and there was a dude who either was a really good pretender or had no idea.

I would never buy horse. however, I do frequently ride the H-train.

That would be sooooooooooo much fun to feign ignorance of slang like that in social situations.
    Yes. Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread