+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How often do you remember your dreams?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default How often do you remember your dreams?

How often do you remember your dreams when you wake up? Do you like or dislike remembering them?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: How often do you remember your dreams?

Lately...Hardly ever. I'm a pretty big deep sleeper. Honestly though, I hate dreams. The one's I remember are hardly ever "nice". At one time in my life, I smoked pot, every night, for four years straight and the greatest thing about that was, in those four years, I didn't remember having one dream.

I honestly don't think dreams are really that deep. I think it's just the brain's way of emptying out alot of your short term memories for the day. I think because we have so much short term memories for the day that in the "emptying", alot of the memories get jumbled together and that's why alot of times your dreams are more like a schizophrenic's word salad. Confusing as Hell and sometimes really hard to explain or even make any sense of it.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Every once in a while I remember them..............usually those are the disturbing ones

Ubiquitress's Avatar Senior Member

every night almost with out fail in detail.often they are recurring places or characters sometimes nice sometimes not. i did used to have nightmares that would continue a kind of oily presence during my waking time , didnt like that but the more story based dreams are fabulous,dont know what i would do without them

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

There is, once in awhile, where I'll wake up and think, damn! That would make a good movie! But usually, shortly after that, I forget exactly the whole dream and the idea crashes and burns.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

almost always. I love remwbering my dreams and wouldn't trade it for the world; even my nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    almost always. I love remwbering my dreams and wouldn't trade it for the world; even my nightmares.
    Same here. Once I was trying to quit smoking and I used those chewing gums and later plasters for help and they gave me crazy Salvador Dali dreams. I digged that so much. In my ecstasy time I used to have crazy aggressive dreams. Full main street filled with angry big dogs running beside me like in Matrix for example.

Btw, my dreams make no sense at all. They're so chaotic. Now since I'm in the smoking phase I barely remember any except when I'm waking up and get the control of my dreams. They're so real it's unbelievable. I can even read the gibberish that's written around. I tryed to act crazy against my moral sense and I couldn't. I just couldn't kill or do anything bad.

One dream was very special to me. I still remember it to the tiny detail. Me my sister and my mother shared the same dream that night. It was the night my mother's boyfriend hanged him self. I saw a area in countryside with some woods around it, I saw a small wooden house there. It was rainy and cloudy, just before snow. As the picture zoomed in on the house and went in I saw him standing really nice dressed by the bed. He told me not to worry and that everything is going to be alright. He said: "I'm always gonna be with you and your family and there's nothing to worry about. When I woke up I had this heartbreaking feeling and I went immediately to my mother and told her about it. She said she had the same dream. As my sister comes in she hear us talking and she tels us that she had same dream. My mother knew something was wrong. Later that call we received a call from close friend telling us that he hanged him self.

Btw I did a experiment with some friends of mine. I under consciously put and idea in their head to dream about me and that I'm going to tell them something important. Later I talked with same group of people and I told them what I did.
    They all dreamed about me and I was giving them all a life changing advice. Something they knew they need to change or do but they never did. Everybody had different issue. Guy that was addict dreamed me showing him how he's going to look in future and all the people that he's going to hurt and it left strong impression on him. I don't know if he quited riding horses in the junkyard since it was on one of my "field" trips around the Europe. Brain is a wonderfull but yet dangerous thing.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

not since i had hypnotherapy

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Mostly I remember them, but only for a short time after waking up, and mostly I can pick what they're about by thinking of stuff (which usually means if someone phones me at 2am I end up dreaming about work) - but there's something naaasty about late night cheese that brings on a whole heap of weirdness.

I seem to dream in color and I'm always me (i.e. never female, differently-aged, etc.)

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Once in a while I remember them. Sometimes I'll lay in bed awake for a few minutes before I realize I was just dreaming. I've had a few in the past couple weeks that freak me out or put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Funny how that happens eh?

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    Once in a while I remember them. Sometimes I'll lay in bed awake for a few minutes before I realize I was just dreaming. I've had a few in the past couple weeks that freak me out or put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Funny how that happens eh?
    hello!

how is the formerly broken bones feeling? getting the strength back yet?

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i almost always remember my dreams.
    after my mom died, i think my mind started blocking the memories.
    but it's coming back.
    even if i hate the dream, i'm glad i remember it. even nightmares. it's a way for me to explore the deeper parts of my psyche. it helps me figure me out. and it sometimes leads to artistic inspiration. sometimes i just feel like hiding or crying. sometimes they're prophetic or vision-like. in which case, it's extremely important to remember. these are the ones i'm most likely to actually write down. i've never been good at keeping a dream journal, despite my desire to do so.
    the weird thing is that lately, i wake up and it takes me a minute to figure out where i am.... i expect to be at my mom's usually. in my old bedroom or on her couch.... or somewhere unknown. which only proves to me that dreaming could actually be one's soul travelling to different dimensions....
    *do i sound crazy yet?*

I started using more pillows and began having crazy epic length dreams, but when I switched to feather pillows, they stopped. I think the firmness helps.

After having major surgery and being on a morphine drip for about 5 days I have lucid dreams pretty much every time I go to sleep. So not only do I remember my dreams very vividly but I can also control them to an extent. It's pretty fun and mostly ends in sex

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

More often than not I remember my dreams, or the majority of what happened in them. I have plenty of recurring dreams that I remember having really young and I seem to always dream in color. I love dreaming.

+ Reply to Thread