+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how do you know you're slightly unstable...?

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Default how do you know you're slightly unstable...?

i know that at times i have different emotions than i would expect.... for example, i came across a blog that had a pic on it of a homeless guy and his dog... the dog loves him no matter what... i'm sitting here typing this post with my 2 dogs...people are messed up but not animals? what a world we live in

i'm massively upset and depressed by this pic... why should i even care... it's a picture, but somehow it has taken hold of my psyche and shaken it up pretty fucking good!

i have seen some pretty messed up shit in my life and the things that should have an effect don't (unless on a subconscious level)... well unless they do... ok see bat shit crazy unstable...

the pic is posted on my blog... link is somewhere in my profile i think..

ok my dog rollins is now sitting and rubbing his face against mine to cheer me up...

damn...

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: how do you know you're slightly unstable...?

I think it's because how we see pets. Pets are dependable on us, so in a way, we see them as our children. Just like children we see them as innocent. Even more so because just like this dog, your dogs, and my dogs, it's all about the unconditional love they have for us. The truth though is just like us though, underneath it all they still are animals with the same instincts we have. Say this homeless man lived in a condemned apartment with this dog and the man died there. After he died, there was no way for the dog to get out. I think as long as the man's body wasn't so rotted, this loving dog of his would eventually eat his dead master.

The other way to look at it, is if this homeless man didn't feed the dog, chances are the dog would take off and try to find food on his own. If the homeless man continued not to give him any scraps, sooner or later, this dog might not come back to the homeless man.

It's all unconditional until the conditions become unliveable. For domesticated animals, I would suffice to say, unliveable for them is barebones...Food and water. Although shelter is nice, it is not needed for a furry animal to survive...Unless the weather becomes too cold and only then is shelter a necessity. This "homeless" dog probably doesn't feel like it's missing anything by living with this guy. It's a mutualistic relationship. The dog gives the homeless man love which gives the man a reason to wake up everyday. The man helps the dog by giving it scraps, thus keeping the dog alive.

I think you're internalizing it. Thinking, what if that was my dogs? That you wouldn't want them to live like that. For all you know though, as long as you fed them, they probably wouldn't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I think you're internalizing it. Thinking, what if that was my dogs? That you wouldn't want them to live like that. For all you know though, as long as you fed them, they probably wouldn't give a shit.
    part of the thing is it's not just the emotions for the dog... it's the whole hopelessness of the pic itself... i agree the dog is just happy to be loved... pretty easy... i think part of it is similar to what you said... it gives this guy a reason to wake up...

i hate what humanity does to humanity...

That means you're still human. I'm glad when I get "those emotions". I recently discovered I'm a high-functioning autist and that's why my emotions are a mess. It's extreme in both ways. If I love I die for it but I can hardly fall in love.
    And honestly, animal cruelty upsets me way more than a human cruelty. I feel more for animals because they're honest. They never lie and they always tell you how it is. And they're "pure" and unspoiled by the civilization as we are.
    I'll have no problem taking a human life if there's a really good reason for it BUT I can't kill a damn ant.

Reading your topic I thought you're going to talk about something other because I have a freaking experience of mine when I almost flipped. I was dangerously experimenting with my brain. At the moment before I had my crisis my memory was unbelievable, I boosted it trough meditation and various other shit. I tried achieving nirvana. I went maybe deeper then I should. Now I know where not to go.
    In one moment I was standing in my mind in front of my self looking at me and I felt like I was a total stranger to me. I was on the way to lose control over my thoughts. I battled it hardly and I barely came back. What happened later was that I nullified my moral sense, my understanding of everything. I felt like emotionless shell with all the knowledge that I had left in me. I worked hard to unlock my self back to the way I was. Well... I left out things I didn't find useful. Since then I never felt depression anymore and I never felt hard to say things that I felt hard to say before to certain persons.

Cool thing was that I could almost read minds of people. Know what they're thinking and what they'll do next. Reading their body language like a book. Using my body language to control their actions and emotions. Basically manipulating anyone to do anything. Except that old freemason that was almost untouchable. But I still left strong impression on him. I could follow all conversations in fully crowded bar and remember every single thing. I could remember everything I wanted from my past, or close my eyes and "store the picture". All languages I learned came back to me. But I never abused it since I have slight messiah complex and I'm basically a good person (chaotic good ).

It was cool for the time being but the "switch" scared the shit out of me. I'm glad that I had it and that I know what I'm dealing it. After consulting several people I was offered tutoring in unlocking mind powers if I ever wanted it. I said no to that because I saw where it was going. Maybe one day if I achieve my goals I'll go that way. I was even invited to Tijuana to a annual "party" at some super cool special place for some special folks. Already forgot what it was. Thanx god, if I forgot it then it means I'm back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    After he died, there was no way for the dog to get out. I think as long as the man's body wasn't so rotted, this loving dog of his would eventually eat his dead master.
    It's highly unlikely for dog to eat his master if he needed to do that to survive. They would rather die after his master from pure love.

On the other side cat would eat you without no doubt if she needed to survive.
    That's why I'm a cat person.

I saw the picture now and it really awakes the feelings. No wonder you felt what you felt.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

Didn't see the pic. >_>

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

[quote=OliX]It's highly unlikely for dog to eat his master if he needed to do that to survive. They would rather die after his master from pure love.

On the other side cat would eat you without no doubt if she needed to survive.
    That's why I'm a cat person.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I've heard of a few stories of dogs eating they're masters to survive(After the masters died). They weren't urban legends either. Actual news articles. Hell, humans do it at certain times in the face of starvation. Why not dogs?

I just pointed that it's more likely for a cat to do it than for a dog. Of course a smart dog would do it. And I would be glad if my pet survived even if he needed to eat me.

Cat will almost never die of sadness after you but dog will.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Yeah...wheres the pic? I looked on Johnnys profile and didnt see any links...

Thought there was a link to my blog on my profile... Sorry

www.jonnyilluminati.com

EDIT: if you click on my name instead of avatar you get a dropdown menu... Select visit homepage or something like that

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Ok, not sure why its shaken you up, but this is my take.

Its a great photo. When I was homeless, I had a dog. She was my companion. She ate/drank/got all the luxuries of life before me. Its actually illegal in most states to spange for food for animals. Its considered animal cruelty.

Love, its beautiful.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Oops sorry clicked on your name;]

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

guy's got a perfectly good hunting partner there.................what the fuck's he doing begging? teach the dog to catch ducks in the park, or pigeons

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

the words of a survivor.
    i think the picture's sweet.... it evokes an emotional response, sure.... one i can't really describe.
    and i agree about cats. they might be sad when you die, but they're smart. my cat eats me, fine. i'm not using that body anymore....

+ Reply to Thread