+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone ever been possesive towards you?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Has anyone ever been possesive towards you?

All this talk about Elementry school reminded me of something that happened to me in First Grade(?). There was a boy in my class who became a wee bit obsessive over me. He would find his way towards me in the classroom, follow me around during recess, demand that I play with him, and throw a huge fit when I didn't. And since, I was a nice girl who was friends with everyone I didn't think anything of it, thinking it was just a kid who for some reason really wanted to play with me, until it got to the point where he was absolutely mean to me, he wouldn't talk to anyone else and was developing more possesive, harsh behavior, bullying me into being his friend. Lucky for me, it didn't last too long, as for some reason, unknown to me, he no longer went to my school.

Then in 5th Grade (yes, it happened again) my best friend and I were really close, but when I would hangout with someone else she would call my house and ask my mom where I was, who I was with, when I would be back and why I wasn't with her. I gradually stopped hanging out with her because of this, and in 6th Grade she was so pissed she decided to spread rumors that I was a lesbian, which I didn't really care. But shame on her.

So, has anyone ever developed possesive behavior towards you? Or have you been this way towards someone?

Default Re: Has anyone ever been possesive towards you?

I wonder where an overly possessive girl best friend 6th grader might get the idea of calling someone a lesbian...

No wait, I don't. Kinda cute though.

Anyway, neither. I've been too unsocial to allow for it all my life, and since puberty I've objected to it ethically, too. Even in a romantic relationship.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

When I was in year 10 I decided to help one of my friends, who had this guy following her around and calling her every night asking her out, even though he would has 2 or 3 girlfriends all the time (seriously), so I said she could tell this guy that we where going out so he would leave her alone, because he was scared of me. About 6 months later I meet my now girlfriend and this girl come over to her telling her that I was ging out with her when I made it clear I didnt like her that way. So she started telling all her friends that I was cheating on her with my girlfriend.
    Luckily we sorted this out and we are still good friends.
    I also had this girl Naomi decide that I should go out with her, even though she knew that I didnt like her in any way, so she started calling me (stole my phone to get my number) asking me out. When I finaly got the shits and started yelling at her that I dont like her she went away, and the next day went to the principal and told him that I grabbed her chest, mind you her idea of fun was to find this one guy and smack him in the balls.

So yea, I have known some possessive people

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

The Consolidated Union of Stalkers and Serial Killers threw me out cos I hung around too many meetings.

I don't think anyone's been overly-possessive towards me IRL, but then they may just have been very good at it. Online I've been stalked a few times, but these days I'm so buried behind anonymity and aliases, and so not worth stalking, it's a problem that solves itself.

It's easy to be accused of being stalkerly online, mostly because one person's conversation is another person's intrusion. Do you reply to an email with one sentence and make them think you're brushing them off, or with a paragraph and make them think you're planning on raiding their trash?

That's why the PM button on forums is so much fun. Dare you press it? OMG, like, what if I don't reply? OMG, like, what if I do? Do you reply to the reply?

You hang up

No, you hang up.

No, you.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

OK *hangs up*

My first boyfriend became obsessed with me and stalked me for awhile after I broke up with him, it was really annoying/frightening. I no longer date people who show any signs of being possessive, i like my freedom too much.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

its happend a few times. its a really good way to make me avoid you like the plague. I get weirded out by people at the first sign of neediness, and usually keep those people on a separate level.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, I kinda have a stalker right now. this guy just left ten messages on my phone in the past two days. none of them were overtly creepy, just stuff like "hey, what's up? it's me. gimme a call. " or "guess you're not there, I'll try back later."

maybe it's that guy from memento that has no short term memory.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I have no idea

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i had a few friends like that in grammar school, and a couple of boyfriends when i was older D:
    one guy didn't like that i talked to the people at work... like i was going to cheat on him with some underage kid o.O and he wouldn't let me go out with my friends without him... ugh. wonder why i left? -_-

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Are you kidding me!?!?! My ex was a total freak. Everywhere I went, he had to go too and if I did go out without him he would call me constantly. Where are you? What you doing? Who you with? It was brutal, I can't live like that.
    I did have one boyfriend before him who just wouldn't take no for an answer when I tried to break up with him. He stalked me for a while, it was creepy.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

oh, i've had those. most of my exes wouldn't leave me alone after i broke up with them. one of them broke up with me, but kept coming around for like a year, just for booty calls D: then when i found a new guy and told my ex "no" he... well he violated me against my will.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

Wow... >.>

No one even gives a crap about me... I got it easy. <.<;

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

I think some people need more attention than others and it results in obsessive behavior. It can result due to family issues, abandonment issues or even just insecurity. You never know what someone else is going through and you might be the only person they feel they can confide in or relate to.

Although, sometimes there is a limit that can be crossed and that is where a line must be realized...

I've been possesive before. It was a weird mix of lack of confidence, jealousy and a loss of "who I am".

Not happy or pleased with myself for having become that and I look back on it now, face palm and sigh.

Atleast it taught me about myself and I can honestly say I've overcome that part of my personality. Just part of growing up.

For those on here that may be acting possesive/needy just roleplay when you're alone and pretend to be the object of your affections. You'll annoy yourself out fast enough and will hopefully stop what you're doing.

Everyone loves their freedom. If you have to act that way in a relationship to feel safe and secure then it may not be the right relationship for you. If it does not work then just bite the bullet and move on. You'll be sad but atleast you'll have your dignity. Easier said than done I know.

A little jealousy and concern is healthy but you have to be careful not to cross the line in the sand.

Thanks god I can read people easily. Never allowed any obsessive people near me.

I was too heartbroken and what not but I never ever thought on stepping on her territory again just because people might think that I'm possessive. Even thought I felt the need to hug the person I loved I never dared to do something that I self wouldn't like to experience.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I'd really like to see someone try to be possessive of Jax. That'd be funny. They'd find his body in a shallow ditch somewhere.

I like the way my sister deals with it
    Direct confrontation and mind abuse so that person in question never ever thinks about her again after it.

+ Reply to Thread