+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broken kitty leg

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Broken kitty leg

confining our cats wouldn't work here...................700 squarefoot house with a dressmaking business and cat's who are used to a life of roaming where they please?If a law came out that said that cat's had to be confined...................well, it would be more humane to kill them...........

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    agreed, I like my cat, she poops/plays outside, sleeps/eats inside, loves me endlessly (when she feels like it) and catches me birds when she's feeling generous

opposed to our dogs, that follow me around all day waiting for me to drop anything edible, they smell and need baths constantly and I have to worry about them running down the street when Im outside with them going to the bathroom. Not to mention, they stand under my feet and get stepped on all the time.

cats=far superior
    Pull My Hair....after talking to someone quite extensively last night over the phone, it was pointed out that I was a bit too harsh on you. I truly didnt mean it that way, it was more of a jaded attitude that made my last comment sound that way. I dont even really know if I was actually directing that at you or just anyone reading, but I apologize for being a bitch...or sounding harsh.

You are an awesome person, and though I may disagree with what you do with your kitty, it doesnt mean that the many years weve been posting has ruined any sort of "like" Ive had for you. You are an awesome person, and I quite like reading your posts, and feel that you are very responsible and love your kitty very much;]

Now as far as any other comments Ive directed at anyone else, I stand by my bitchy attitude. Especially when I see someone who posted in this thread posting on the internet about how their cat has seizures and falls off high fixtures from them, about how they are pissed off that another of their cats ran away when it had severe injuries (ie, letting it back outside with no vet care) and so on and so forth, and makes excuses that they cant pay vet bills because they are too fucked up in the head to hold a job. Its people like that I despise. If youre too fucked up in the head to hold a job, youre too fucked up in the head to have animals.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    uh huh. the fact that i didn't know she had health issues until recently spurred me to care for her on my own.
    she seems happy enough except for the seizures, which cause her to injure herself and i then treat. she doesn't act like she's in constant pain. and yes, i know what it's like when she's in even worse shape, so i do in fact know how she acts.
    i just need to keep her clean and keep her from getting infected. i also need to try minimising her stress levels, thereby reducing the chance of seizure.
    don't talk to me like i'm some kind of non-compassionate dolt. it takes a lot of my time to care for her, and energy. i love her to death. and maybe it's selfish, but she's one of the few links i have left to my mom.
    so you can have your opinion that i'm heartless, and i can have my opinion that i don't care and i love my kitty and i'm doing the best i can for her.
    also, i tried giving one of the cats to a no-kill shelter and they won't accept cats with major (even minor) behaviour/health problems. i guess that's how it is here in the east bay - too many strays, not enough room.
    (and you don't know me or my situation, so to say i'd lose my place is a bit presumptuous.)
    You really fucking irritate me.

You have cats who "as far as you know" are roaming your apartment complex. Your cat that has seizures is pretty severe as far as health. Not only does she not leave your bathroom and defecate like a normal cat, you have to physically turn her around to her water bowl to help her drink, she seizes and ends up bleeding all over the bathroom.

Then you say that this problem with your cat makes you take the focus off your *own* depression when you try to half ass diagnose her off websites. And all the while say how fun it is to clean up shit and blood in a tone that says youre irritated with the situation, do you really want me to go on?

"we have no money to pay rent.
    i'm having to ask friends and family for money just so i can fucking eat."- YOU

So um, you borrow money from people who actually work to live, so you can play online games all day instead of getting a job? Oh wait, I forgot, you "help" people for sex (or so you say). I guess as long as youre getting off, life is ok, right? Screw the cat dying on your bathroom floor. Its just an inconvenience to keep cleaning up after her. And btw, Id say "we have no money to pay rent" pretty much sums up losing your apt. Or are you just trying to give people a sob story so you think you have a better chance of them liking you?

And apparantly now, you have more than one cat with serious health defects.

Disgusting.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    (there's a house not to far away that got ahold of him, neutered him even, and feeds strays all the time. i'm pretty sure that's where he hangs out. he didn't like it here, so he split. too many cats in the house made him nervous i think.)
    You dont spay or neuter either. Wow, surprise.

I'm so against that... neutering the animals. That's just too fucked up.

My mom did it to one of her 4 cats that was really getting beaten up and fucked up from love affairs and after that he is another cat totally. He's way more happier even if he lost his macho attitude and runs from other cat's like a pussy.

I'm even considering now to neuter my cat after she get's pregnant for the second time for health of her body. She gave birth to 5 kittens when she was 2 years old.... until then she never got birth control pills. After that she started getting them regularly. Now it's little over 2 years that she takes them and I'm aware of the dangers of those pills on long term so I'm thinking best for her health and happines would be neutering.

Even when reasoning says it's more good for them than it's bad it's still fucked up for me. Imagine your self in that position! And you don't even get to chose

Daily fact: Did you knew that cat is one of few animals that produces its own C-vitamin Among goat, bats and some birds.

Wait.... cats, goats and bats.... C vitamine is so goth!

Edit: You can neuter female cats too? Or is that spaying instead?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Pull My Hair....after talking to someone quite extensively last night over the phone, it was pointed out that I was a bit too harsh on you. I truly didnt mean it that way, it was more of a jaded attitude that made my last comment sound that way. I dont even really know if I was actually directing that at you or just anyone reading, but I apologize for being a bitch...or sounding harsh.

You are an awesome person, and though I may disagree with what you do with your kitty, it doesnt mean that the many years weve been posting has ruined any sort of "like" Ive had for you. You are an awesome person, and I quite like reading your posts, and feel that you are very responsible and love your kitty very much;]
    Thank you Jax that means alot (:
    No hard feelings at all, you have some strong feelings on this subject, I can understand that

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    The thing about spaying and neutering, is that if you are going to let nature run it's course, and let your animals naturally breed whenever they want, then you have to be willing to accept the responsibility of what happens to the kittens. If you can find homes for all of them, great. But the more likely reality is that eventually they will have more kittens than you can take care of, or find homes for, and you will have to abandon them, or have them put down. And I just think I would have an easier time with spaying or neutering a pet, than dealing with the responsibility for the deaths of a large number of offspring, that could have been prevented to begin with.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

"Even when reasoning says it's more good for them than it's bad it's still fucked up for me. Imagine your self in that position! And you don't even get to chose"

I have been in that position. I had a severe condition that I didnt get to choose, and as a result, I lost my ability to have children because I had to be "spayed" to control the pain. Though it kinda sucks, Im a much happier person not having to go to the ER 3 times a month because of the pain. Spaying and neutering helps prevent so many more severe conditions in animals that could cause them to live unhealthy and unproductive lives. Id say not having your balls is a better option to testicular cancer.

Thats a very intersting fact;] Thanks for sharing!

And females its spay. For males its neuter;]

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    you're so cool and confrontational....
    You wish you could be me.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OliX

Edit: You can neuter female cats too? Or is that spaying instead?

well, one of our cat's had to be neatered...............the whole nieghborhood luaghed at that, but the other cat's job is to keep the other strays away so he get's to keep his nuts....................I haven't seen a stray cat in the yard for years now..........................I wonder if our female cat's spayed?.............well it's that or cause she's just such a bitch that keeps her from getting nocked up(I guess either would work)

but yeah, if you leave a couple cats in the wild after a couple years you have lot's of cats with seven toes, and that's fucked up too

That sucks Jax, but look at it from the bright side. You get to help adopt a child that needs caring and love of family.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

That I do;]

When we moved to GA from IL, our cat was preggo by our ex roomies cat (at the time she wasn't spayed because she was the only cat), but once we got to our hotel in GA, she had them in the litterbox because it was her only safe haven she knew.

After realizing this, we had a clump of kittens that we had to basically surgically cut the cords off ourselves because we had no idea where a vet was at 3am in a place we've never been at before. One of them though sadly passed the same day because the cord was tangled around his/her leg upon birth and cut off the circulation.

Needless to say they were all handfed and healthy and I still have them all. And they are all neutered to prevent more retarded kittens from incest. (Sad but true)

And they are all happy, healthy, fed watered and boxes cleaned every night.

Moral of my story is that at that time I only had 50$ to our name..and yet they were still all well taken care of. So anybody can find any means necessary to take responsibility for animals they own. This isnt directed to anybody in general here, but just a example....

I think my only failure at being responsible to them is that I named them all after Final Fantasy characters ;p

No way you did that.... Well, I can only forgive you if they were from FF VII

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    When we moved to GA from IL, our cat was preggo by our ex roomies cat (at the time she wasn't spayed because she was the only cat), but once we got to our hotel in GA, she had them in the litterbox because it was her only safe haven she knew.

After realizing this, we had a clump of kittens that we had to basically surgically cut the cords off ourselves because we had no idea where a vet was at 3am in a place we've never been at before. One of them though sadly passed the same day because the cord was tangled around his/her leg upon birth and cut off the circulation.

Needless to say they were all handfed and healthy and I still have them all. And they are all neutered to prevent more retarded kittens from incest. (Sad but true)

And they are all happy, healthy, fed watered and boxes cleaned every night.

Moral of my story is that at that time I only had 50$ to our name..and yet they were still all well taken care of. So anybody can find any means necessary to take responsibility for animals they own. This isnt directed to anybody in general here, but just a example....

I think my only failure at being responsible to them is that I named them all after Final Fantasy characters ;p
    I could go into why I feel you did a good job, and did what you had to do.

But I wont. Cause Im sick of hashing this crap out.

Im happy they are all doing well! And besides the names, you done good;p

+ Reply to Thread