Icp Sucks

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Default Re: Speaking of ICP

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Icp Sucks
    completely

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

I don't know much about them. They don't look like my type. I will go along with the general consensus. I like to dislike.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

who was speaking about them?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

They were started as a bet. Two old guys in the music industry wanted to see how good marketing actually was in promoting bands. They said "let's find the least talented fat white guys out there we can find, and have them come out as clowns."

ICP fans are fucking idiots.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

ICP isn't a band. it's a way of life.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

they have fans?

Anyone who doesn't like the ICP can go stand in the corner with christmas, and fuck themselves.

Buster uses the chorus from "Mr.Happy" as his own personal mantra.

Any band that sings songs about murdering children for fun is like the ocean. Fucking Awesome.

Now, my christmas wish for you all is that you wake up in the middle of Detroit naked with a 2 liter of Faygo shoved up your ass.

I bet the dead kid liked the band.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I bet all of them did. But wow. Don't blame the goddamn musicians you fucking media whores. Blame the parents who OBVIOUSLY were not involved in these kids lives. Or maybe the school system that forgot to teach them that beating someone in the head with a hammer = death most of the time.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

If those kids killed the other kid because of ICP lyrics, I can only gather that they are half-retarded. Well...no matter. When they're getting their ass poked in Juvey, I'm sure they'll realize the error in their ways. Bunch of stupid asses.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    I bet all of them did. But wow. Don't blame the goddamn musicians you fucking media whores. Blame the parents who OBVIOUSLY were not involved in these kids lives. Or maybe the school system that forgot to teach them that beating someone in the head with a hammer = death most of the time.
    I'd never blame the school system for not teaching kids morals. That's the parents responsibilty. Schools are there to teach the kids a bunch of useless information that they'll never use in the real world. I'm pretty sure that the outcome of what happened is exactly what the kids were going for.

Sorry, but there are studies that show that monkey see, monkey DO. You have a bunch of kids watching a show with people punching each other, guess what they do when they go out for recess. HINT: it isn't "play chess".

I'd say "normal people don't get the idea to kill other people from rap lyrics". Uh, sure. Back in the day when parents gave a shit about their kids, schools weren't just warehouses for kids to be forced into day after day to watch advertising, etc.

But unfortunately, television and media are now the babysitter, and I don't think people are growing up with the skills to go "hey, it's just a band". I really don't.

You can't have it both ways. Some woman recently got a six figure settlement because a candy company didn't put a warning label on its life-size penis shaped chocolate "do not shove this in any orifice other than your mouth." She put it in her snatchola, got a yeast infection, got a lawyer, and apparently her "pain and suffering" was worth six figures plus.

If we wanna get to a place where we can say "we're adults, treat us like such" then get rid of the lawsuit happy win cash today opportunities that end up making places unable or unwilling to treat us as anything other than children.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I'd never blame the school system for not teaching kids morals. That's the parents responsibilty. Schools are there to teach the kids a bunch of useless information that they'll never use in the real world. I'm pretty sure that the outcome of what happened is exactly what the kids were going for.
    I didn't say morals. I said basic anatomy of (hammer + skull)force = hemmorage maybe death lol

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    I didn't say morals. I said basic anatomy of (hammer + skull)force = hemmorage maybe death lol
    Actually, they probably knew that. If they argue that they didn't know that would kill, I'm REALLY worried about ICP fans now.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Ya, common sense. Not as common as you might think.
    It's all fine to say things like 'it's the parents responsibility' and I completely agree that it is, but think back for a minute to when you were young. Most teenagers are stubborn as fuck. I know I definitely was. Sure I drank and smoked, did drugs, shoplifted, skipped school etc. yet somehow I knew not to connect hammers with heads. And I didn't need my mom to tell me that.
    There's probably a lot more going on with the violent types than 'oh I saw some stupid band/celebrity/whatever do it' mentality.
    I don't really know. Who knows why people do the things they do?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I say the more ICP fans that are killed, the better.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I think Denis Leary said it best.

"Let me make sure I'm crystal clear on this issue, ok? Heavy Metal fans are buying Heavy Metal records, taking the records home, listening to the records and then blowing their heads off with shotguns? Where's the problem!? That's an unemployment solution right there, folks! It's called natural selection. It's the bottom of the food chain, ok? I say we put more messages on the records. "Kill the band, kill your parents, then yourself, ok!? Make sure you get your whole head in front of the shotgun. Thank you for calling! Thank you for calling!"

I think it's relevant enough.

You know, the article reveals a time honored truth. Look at the kid's picture, then the 4 that killed him. Eagle Scout? That doesn't seem like ICP's usual demographic. The other 4, yeah, that's about picture fucking perfect. The last bit says how the kid had "dyed his hair red and started wearing goth clothing." He was trying to fit in with other people. Maybe by some weird chance they were all friends, but I'd put money down that the 4 were just fuckers who decided to take advantage of someone who was just trying a little too hard to be liked.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

in my personal experience, everyone I've met that liked icp was a worthless drug addict piece of trash. I don't know anything about the music; I've never heard it. their fans are enough to turn me off.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    in my personal experience, everyone I've met that liked icp was a worthless drug addict piece of trash.
    This - Plus deluded and possessing a serious case of the unwarranted importance of their 'ICP army' messianic bullshit message.

in my personal experience, everyone I've met that liked icp was a worthless drug addict piece of trash. I don't know anything about the music; I've never heard it. their fans are enough to turn me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    This - Plus deluded and possessing a serious case of the unwarranted importance of their 'ICP army' messianic bullshit message.
    I cant even put how much i despise ICP or their fans into words.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

....and to sum all this of this up........ICP still sucks!

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    I think Denis Leary said it best.

"Let me make sure I'm crystal clear on this issue, ok? Heavy Metal fans are buying Heavy Metal records, taking the records home, listening to the records and then blowing their heads off with shotguns? Where's the problem!? That's an unemployment solution right there, folks! It's called natural selection. It's the bottom of the food chain, ok? I say we put more messages on the records. "Kill the band, kill your parents, then yourself, ok!? Make sure you get your whole head in front of the shotgun. Thank you for calling! Thank you for calling!"

I think it's relevant enough.
    Thanks for the quote! Very true though!!!

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Ya, I don't know shit about them, and don't care enough to look it up. I believe y'all when you say they suck.

I've got an ICP song on my playlist. Like it just fine, although I've never been tempted to look for more. Frankly, I think that adding a horror/lunacy theme to hip-hop is refreshing - it's the ultrarepetitive and uninspired themes that mostly kill the genre, the greatest potential of which lies in the excess of meaning that the relative focus on lyrics allows a song to communicate.

A horror and/or lunacy theme is fine, but from what I've heard, basically every ICP song is about the same, and I have unfortunately listened to most of their albums. There's no variation at all. It's still basic rap, just by too guys trying to go to the extreme with everything.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

I have a theory that the motive might possibly have been they're all dumb as shit.

Someone should pass that onto the police, because I think I'm onto something here...

And yes... I'm quite certain the music inspired the murder. It's a result of the media's patient coddling that these children have no creativity. I still maintain the actual reason they killed someone is because they were idiots though, which is probably also the reason they couldn't come up with their own method of doing it.

Getting back to the topic at hand; ICP sucks...

Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    If those kids killed the other kid because of ICP lyrics, I can only gather that they are half-retarded. Well...no matter. When they're getting their ass poked in Juvey, I'm sure they'll realize the error in their ways. Bunch of stupid asses.
    They should be tried as adults. They're old enough that they should have know better.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    A horror and/or lunacy theme is fine, but from what I've heard, basically every ICP song is about the same, and I have unfortunately listened to most of their albums. There's no variation at all. It's still basic rap, just by too guys trying to go to the extreme with everything.
    Yeah, it's not the horror theme that makes the band suck, they just have no musical talent so they use the absurd costumes to distract people from how boring they really are. I like rap, I like metal, I like most music really...ICP are just a bunch of talentless retards who try to cover that fact up by being absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    They should be tried as adults. They're old enough that they should have know better.
    Oh, they should be tried as adults, but if they're underage and convicted (Which they will be), they'll go to juvey first until they are legally adults...And than off to grown-up prison, where sooner or later they'll probably be shanked. Teaches THEM for listening to crap like ICP.

They blow, and Juggalos are R-E-T-A-R-D-S!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

ha! the proof is in the pudding. even one of our resident clowns thinks they blow ass.

spyinxxx's Avatar Member

all i can add is that if you listen to any group / song / artist and take 1% of their lyrics for face value, i know the majority of you posting here wouldn't have made it through the 80's, its like watching wrestling then going hey i think i want to do that?
    come be realistic, obvious they were not (the people who killed there friends) any way why kill your friends, i much rather kill someone i don't like also you a touch more pleasure out of it maybe even a good blood spatter on the wall who knows?

I repeat again. Dead kid liked the band. That's why they killed him by lyrics from his favorite song.

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

when I see anything about ICP I get that strange gagging sensation right before I dry heave...

+ Reply to Thread