+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raise your hand if your schedule is hosed.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Raise your hand if your schedule is hosed.

Yesterday was a hard day, but I somehow managed to get a lot done anyway. Kind of exhausted but having trouble settling down after such a long day.

Watched old King of the Hill.

Finished reading beautiful Blake Nelson novel.

Finished a bunch of work I'm very satisfied with the results on.

Made to-do list for tomorrow -- err, today.

Really need to get some sleep.

A lot of things are going extra-awesome this holiday season, yet I am suffused with worry, stress, and doubt. The stress is kinda normal for me, but the worry and doubt are not and they really do kinda suck.

Really really need to get some sleep.

Raise your hand if your schedule is hosed too.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Re: Raise your hand if your schedule is hosed.

Schedule? What schedule? I work 5 different jobs and only 1 of them has a steady schedule. Everything else is up in the air according to what shows are in town, what holidays are coming up, what buildings need coverage for what shifts, what day the doctor needs me to come in and how drunk I am at any given moment.

I can understand you. My mom is in that kind of tempo right now. Big jobs are coming in so I'm helping her as much as I can so long I'm here.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

and yet for all the suffering of sched it all goes out the window when family comes into town and everything has to be arranged for snow days. my time is not my own these days and to top it all off i've been suffering this icky tummy bug for like three days now (which could be related to the solstice, the over-indulgence of the holidays, walking in the deceiving slush to get last minute things together, stress or all of the above) and i'm expected to go either out with or over to someone's place for dinner.

but there have been several chapters written in the crammed mornings of fuzzy blankies, lots of picture ideas pinned to the Blue Sky Wall, we've defined so much of the fantasy world we play in that it's almost as detailed as Pern now. and i baked a platter of cookies yesterday, all while cleaning hte house and airing out the basement. i feel accomplished, swamped, and almost tired already knowing that i've got a week more of this before it's okay to pass out for three days and pretend nothing happened.

~K

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

ugh. i have so much shit to do it's stupid. and what do i do instead? play need for speed underground 2 all day. i'm obsessed. it's stupid.
    i know Big Things are about to start moving in my life... but there's a point where it's Too Much To Do and i get stressed and shut down >.<

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I am completely opposite of all that. As you might remember I was just off work for 8 weeks with a broken wrist, then I go back for 3 or 4 weeks, then I'm off again! 2 more weeks mandatory shutdown for x-mas. I have absolutely nothing to do. Meaning nothing that must get done. It feels like I haven't worked in forever and I have no damn money. Ok, I have some money but instead of spending it on things like rent and bills, I spend it on food and booze b/c I'm going crazy sitting at home all the bloody time.
    I shut up now.

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

I have all these really great things coming up .... but it's so much! It's like everything I've worked so hard far all came at once!

Everything can work out .... it's just I have to live really tight for the first few months of 2009 and travel a lot.

In the end it's really not bad problem .... it's just going take a min to get use to the change.

Change is something I've never really mastered ! LOL

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

my schedule is just really random right now..it's the holidays and my bf got promoted a few months ago (gave him a laptop) so he can work from home now, which is good for him since his DL is suspended too so he shouldn't be driving. But anyways, spontaneous things come up and since we have opposite schedules it's fun for a change...

+ Reply to Thread