+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What'd'ja Get?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default What'd'ja Get?

I don't believe this thread hasn't been posted yet, but what did everyone get for the Holidays? now that the skirt under the tree is littered with only tinsel and the stockings hang limp with the last smattering of candies in them, what was there when you woke up and opened all those presents?

Xmas morning at like 5 am, Timmy comes down stairs, meows at the door and when he comes in he has a stocking for both me and Aza. lighters, toothbrushes, candies, the traditional orange, gloves (mine have purple stripes) a Chocolate Orange (my all time fave xmas candies)and the smattering of other assorted candies. i want to think there was more, but even so it was a small sticking and that was quite plenty.

then we waited patiently till it was dawn and and climbed to the top of the stairs to wake the people that reside up there. the unwrapping commenced.

I got a big fuzzy pink blankie that is totally forgiven for it's dusty rose hue because it is hands down the Fuzziest and Warmest thing i have ever had the pleasure to wrap up in. ( and am actually wrapped in it now)

Awesome purple fuzzie slippers, a new scarf, a nice new firm pillow. Timmy got me this nifty necklace medallion dragon, the tail of which pulls out ot reveal a claw like knife. (and the box it came in is now the box i keep my lace hankies in) Aza got me a copy of Wall-E, and wrote me a Sonnet, which still has me melted to the floor. *sigh*

so what did everyone else get?

~K

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default Re: What'd'ja Get?

I got a Nikon Coolpix s210, because my wife hates me carrying around my Rebel XTi since my XT was stolen from me. I knew I was getting it since my wife never remembers what toys, DVD's, video games, or anything else I want that is not something she herself is interested in, so I have to tell what I want.

And I got nothing else.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i got a whole lotta nuthin'
    we got a free tree though.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I got a new desk, a cake of blank DVDs, a 19" flat panel wide screen monitor. Some fancy bath stuff. New mp3 player. Uh. Overtime and holiday pay.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I got a few hats and scarves, a corset and a cool shirt.
    The best part though was that an old friend of mine just moved back to the city, we haven't seen each other in 12 years, so she came over x-mas day, my bf made a huge feast, then we got drunk and stayed up til 4 am catching up.
    It's funny because we were never best friends or anything but we met 23 years ago and have been in and out of contact all this time. We have so much in common though, it's a little creepy. It's like we're the same person almost.

I got the same thing as always...candy and money. I <3 candy and money.

Got my wife a Canon Rebel Xsi, extra lens, carrying case, Wii Fit, custom Nightmare B4 Xmas decorators plate with a special engraving.

She took me to adopt a ferret, which I named Moog. I'll post pictures of him soon, I haven't had much time to do anything lately because I woke up on Xmas with Phenomena and it's kinda starting to pass.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Some money to buy my kids clothes. Best gift ever.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hmmmm, let's see.................I got some socks, a chocolate orange, one of those wire puzzles things a couple fantasy books, a game, some gloves, and a metal lathe

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I got a bunch of kid stuff. It was rather amusing.
    My brother bought me a 1st run Neopet plushie, and the dvd of the first VHS I ever got (All dogs go to heaven). And my mother-in-law's neighbor bought me plushies of all 3 Powerpuff Girls. Oh, and a Loony Toons dvd haha.

And of course, good ol' fashion cash (and visa giftcards )

Ooh, what neopet did you get?

My girlfriend's got a series 3 Faerie Ixi. I'm still waiting for them to come out with something Darigan, Halloween or Zombie or something though.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I got an Xbox 360 and the "Deadrising" game so I can slaughter 100's of zombies with anything I can pick up. I also got the "Stepbrothers" DVD which is hilarious!

Bedlamite

I got a waffle iron, so that I may now make the waffles of awesome and win. I also got a lovely official fancy pan WITHOUT the Teflon, so that I may deep fry things without any fear of cyanide gas.

I also got a BEAUTIFUL red and black kimono, black hemotite goddess necklace, pink gloves from my niece, and some M&M's.

Boy got these gorgeous Jinbao Ferrari red pedals, with which he should now be able to double bass like a demon.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

My parents came across the country to me this holiday season, and just finished taking me shopping for clothing. In addition to the six shirts and a coat I just came home with, I too received a blanket, pillow, and pair of slippers from my aunt, a VERY awesome necklace and the new OhGr CD from Timmy (as well as a pending laptop rebuild), and a silver goblet, baby penguin plushy, penguin balloon, and new hairbrush from K.

Not too shabby, considering I wasn't really expecting anything at all this year.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Ooh, what neopet did you get?

My girlfriend's got a series 3 Faerie Ixi. I'm still waiting for them to come out with something Darigan, Halloween or Zombie or something though.
    My bro got me a series one blue shoyru

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

$20 bill from my "mother-in'law" except she's not really my mother in law since gays can't get married. But that was the only gift i got..oh wait I got a $25 gift VISA from my bf's aunt too..

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I got a check from my mother, check from my grandma, from the boy I got an iPod Nano, DVDs, CDs, a book and a MAC cosmetics gift card.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Got my wife a Canon Rebel Xsi, extra lens, carrying case, Wii Fit, custom Nightmare B4 Xmas decorators plate with a special engraving.

She took me to adopt a ferret, which I named Moog. I'll post pictures of him soon, I haven't had much time to do anything lately because I woke up on Xmas with Phenomena and it's kinda starting to pass.
    Aww, I love ferrets! What a great present.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I got luke warm Christmas dinner brought to me stuffed into a to-go plate because I sent everyone else in my shop home so they could call their families or do whatever since it was Christmas.

Oh, I got a couple e-mails and a $100 dollar Itunes gift card I can't use because when the interweb works in the rooms it's too slow to download anything on, and we're not allowed to plug in thumb drives on the public computers. That's why I'm counting Notre Dame actually winning the Hawaii Bowl as a Christmas present, though I should probably file it under Christmas Miracle.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I got a gift card, a book on art history, a book on sorbets ices and granitas, an overnight case, and after we get the property tax taken care of the boy is getting me an itouch. I'm getting him a big tattoo.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey

Well, aren't you cute..

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I'd like to think so. Wait, are you talking about me or my stuffed Foamy the Squirrel? He seems to pull more of the ladies than I do.

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

I got an awesome outfit from retroscope fashions, a KISS lighter, an epic camera (not sure what kind but it's big xD) and alot of gift cards :P

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i keep coming back to the fact that he wrote you a sonnet, keiko. that is just awesome. as part of my sending out holiday cards to friends i included a poem i recenly had written about friendship.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    i keep coming back to the fact that he wrote you a sonnet, keiko. that is just awesome. as part of my sending out holiday cards to friends i included a poem i recenly had written about friendship.

if only it had come with a sponge to mop up the K-Puddle he left on the floor. it's so beautiful. *dreamy sigh* gosh i'm fond of that man.

~K

Obscuria.com's Avatar Member

Got some cash.... the best gift.

I got an iPod dock, some books. A friggin' sweet Dio belt buckle. I also got a piece of art from my favorite artist. That was tities!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    Well, aren't you cute..
    Yes, now he can put on the rest of the uniform....uhhh...

Yeah anyways, I got a super soft robe, coffee maker, cash, a new hat, a few pairs of skull and crossbone pjs, a 1957 Chevy BelAir model that I put together and painted (its AWESOME), a rocket set to build and launch my own rockets (yay!), a pack of cigs, some beef jerkey, and an Iphone. Oh and a customer at work gave me a pair of really cute surgical scissors (hes an EMT) with his phone number wrapped around them, haha. One of my managers took me out to a bar after work and bought me a few shots and some beer.

I got my boy a pair of braces, an east german gas mask, xbox marketplace points, 2 2gb (?) sticks for his computer, and a code to get the four new maps for Call of Duty 4. Computer/gamer nerds are really easy to shop for, haha.

+ Reply to Thread