+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: should fish be called sea kittens instead of fish?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: should fish be called sea kittens instead of fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Ultimatly where i'm going with this is that we should eat PETA members. hey, if it wil;l save the bunnies, they should be all for it right?

Our new group can be called PEPETA.

People Eating People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
    That's what I've been saying all along!...But only PETA people...And those that are mute.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Tree can feel where water is and which direction sun shines. They have feelings.

So, more humane method of hunting fish is with a bomb? That does the job instantly instead of traumatizing them. Because who wants to eat all those stress hormones that they produce under the time they're on the way to my table.

aint stress hormones good eatin?

Some things are put on this earth to eat, some things are put on this earth to be eaten...which are you?

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

there not all cute and cuddly Peta, here's your sea kittens

Ones again Peta proves to the world that they are crazy and more less a joke

I hope a shark eats the peta people that go out try to pet the sea kittens

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

ACK! that thing is going to eat me!
    that would definitely put me off of eating sea kittens D:
    well what i mean by fish being like insects or vegetables is that they have very little brain function other than the need for survival. i mean, i don't study fish brains, but they're pretty stupid. mostly. like a 5 second memory. enough to figure out what to eat and how to avoid what wants to eat them. like bugs. *shrug* i know i'm talking out my ass, i won't pretend otherwise.
    just let me have my damn sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    All I am saying, is that I don't understand why *most* vegetarians think that eating meat is not natural and normal. It's what happens in nature. Amongst the same animals they tell us not to eat. They eat each other! So why is it wrong for *us* to do the same thing animals do?
    Wild carnivorous animals kill each other to surive. Humans can survive without killing.

I always wonder if vegetarians would be ok with eating the meat of an animal that died of old age
    Ew, no. That's disgusting. If you found a dead animal in the woods, would you eat it? I doubt it.

The problem with PETA is that they don't pick their battles and, in the long run, their offensive militarism ends up alienating many people who might otherwise actually be receptive to the idea. In my opinion, other nonprofit organizations like Compassion Over Killing deserve more support.

http://www.cok.net/

OMG! Veggies! I'm getting so horny! I'm never going to eat meat again. Yeah, whatever.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cRXWD_KnmU

[QUOTE=Nicotine]Wild carnivorous animals kill each other to surive. Humans can survive without killing.

Humans can survive without lots of things...like cars, computers, iPods, etc. and yet here we are using these things because we like them. I eat meat because I like it. Someone can no more pursuade me to stop eating meat than I could pusuade you against using the internet or riding in any internal combustion engine vehicles (which are bad for the environment and kill millions of cute furry animals on the roads every year). Driving a car? You are a MURDERER!!!!!

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine
    Wild carnivorous animals kill each other to surive. Humans can survive without killing.
    not everywhere they can't... lots of -places in the world don't have grocery stores... people live through subsistence farming and hunting... take a trip to Africa or a few other places and expand your mind...

i have traveled to, worked in, or lived in over 105 different countries in the last 20 years... it's a harsh world out there away from Whole Foods, Safeway, and Trader Joes...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Exactly.

I am not talking about Americans.

Sure, Americans could survive on veggie patties, veggie corn dogs, etc.

But my point is that it is indeed natural for animals to kill.
    And it's natural for humans to kill.

Sure, we can choose not to.

But it's NATURAL for us to do so.
    So why do some people get SO upset about it?

I think the bottom line is that people in America get really close to their pets. They get close to animals, and love them, and so the idea of killing or eating animals becomes a horrible thing in their minds. And it is. It's not a nice thing when an animal is killed. But it IS natural. It's what happens in nature all the time. ALL the fucking time. Go into the forest, and watch animals killing each other all over the place. They are out there ripping each other apart, and eating each other. That is NATURE.

That's why I just don't totally understand why people think it's so horrible that some humans are still acting like the animals we are, and killing other animals, and eating them. It's totally natural. I have no problem if someone wants to be a vegetarian. Go for it. But the rest of the meat eaters out there are not some abomination. They are just doing what is natural to do.

Quote Originally Posted by babysinead
    sea kitty would be a great slang term for vagina
    but only if you're a mermaid...

I had also heard this Sea Kitty in my peripheral recently and I too thought it was some sort of joke punch line that I came in on too late.

Well... great... it's bad enough fearing fish bones in your Sushi.... now CAT HAIR TOO? Great... just great...

But seriously... come on PETA... pick something other then an oxymoron if you're gonna try and tag something... Throw 1000 cats/kittens in the sea and 990 will claw their way out to kill you, 8 may not really care and 2 will probably have died from shock. Those aren't good odds for marketing.

How about just calling them what they really are? That alone will cause people to stop eating them....MERCURY TREATS!

I still want some smoked albacore sushi and cold unfiltered sake something fierce now...

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

sea Kitten good eaten

Exactly.
    But my point is that it is indeed natural for animals to kill.
    And it's natural for humans to kill.

Sure, we can choose not to.

But it's NATURAL for us to do so.
    So why do some people get SO upset about it?
    Agreed completely. Besides, I truly enjoy eating meat, and tend to feel a bit less than healthy when it's not represented to a decent degree in my meals.

I can agree that we should work towards having less cruel methods of bringing meat to the market, but I certainly don't place some ideal re: suffering over my diet. In fact, I'd sooner be a cannibal than a vegetarian.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Actually I'm now inclined to the notion that fish should be called sea-kittens instead of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    take a trip to Africa or a few other places and expand your mind
    Take a trip to India and expand yours.

Take a trip to India and expand yours.
    So India is a non-meat eating country? Last night I had curry chicken and I gotta tell ya...Tasted alot like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    So India is a non-meat eating country? Last night I had curry chicken and I gotta tell ya...Tasted alot like chicken.
    Yeah, some of the tastiest meat dishes in the world come out of India. Mmmm...lamb vindaloo. Thank you, Goa!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

you were in India last night? I don't see the relevance to this scenario. I ordered Domino's,so what does that tell me about Italy?

I assume the point here was that most people in India don't live the same lifestyles as Europeans and Americans, as JI said, Whole foods next door and all that, yet a large portion of the population is vegetarian and not entirely coincidental to their economic status. As I've said before, you can feed people more efficiently, IE., in terms of quantity and nutritional yield divided by the cost of production and labor effort, on a vegetarian diet than on a meat based one.

you were in India last night? I don't see the relevance to this scenario. I ordered Domino's,so what does that tell me about Italy?

I assume the point here was that most people in India don't live the same lifestyles as Europeans and Americans, as JI said, Whole foods next door and all that, yet a large portion of the population is vegetarian and not entirely coincidental to their economic status. As I've said before, you can feed people more efficiently, IE., in terms of quantity and nutritional yield divided by the cost of production and labor effort, on a vegetarian diet than on a meat based one.

***I ordered Domino's,so what does that tell me about Italy?***

Nothing about Italy, but it does tell me that you don't mind sticking a piece of shit in your mouth and actually calling it pizza.

Exactly, thank you.

I have a plan that will allow us to eat plenty of meat while reducing the burden on the environment...cannibalism is the answer to all of our problems!

"Human: it's what's for dinner!"

Humans are to gummy.

Dishuman's Avatar Member

I dunno where this conversation has gone to, but! getting back to subject.

PETA is fing losing it. They need to be laughed at. I wish george carlin was alive, he would make so much fun of these misfits. XD

Getting back to last topic... Humans should be tastier than anything else.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

People Eating Tasty Animals

Exactly, thank you.
    you're welcome.

***I ordered Domino's,so what does that tell me about Italy?***

Nothing about Italy, but it does tell me that you don't mind sticking a piece of shit in your mouth and actually calling it pizza.
    Ok, you got me there. bad analogy. I don't really order from Domino's

Quote Originally Posted by thegreendevil76
    cannibalism is the answer to all of our problems!
    oddly enough, that does seem to be the one consensus on this topic.

Humans are to gummy.

You just got to get the young ones...before they get all muscley and ropey. You know, like veal.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I have no problem with people who decide they don't want to eat meat. If you think it's mean, or cruel, or just prefer to eat rice and beans and other foods, that's totally fine.

I just hate how they act like it's somehow "wrong" or "un-natural" for humans to eat meat. At least make the assumption that it IS natural, and that you are taking a step towards the "un-natural" and *experimenting* with not eating meat. Which is fine. But unless you are a cow, eating just veggies is not "natural". It's something you do to reduce suffering. And that's great. Three cheers for you for that. That's cool. But it's not un-natural or "wrong" for the rest of us to kill and eat other animals. It's what other animals do in nature. It's how the entire natural world works. Fish eat other fish. Bugs eat other bugs. Mammals eat fish, bugs, and other mammals. Cats eat mice. Wolves eat deer. Killing and eating other creatures is how nature works...

I understand what you are saying DK. but I mean I think that "natural" is just a word that get's thrown around a lot and really brings very little meaning to the reality of most situations. As I said before you can argue almost anything to be natural or unnatural, depending on how you want to frame your reference.

I respect people that put thought into what they do, instead of just blindly going along with what they are told. that's really all there is to it. I don't require people to agree with me, I just ask them to think about things.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreendevil76
    You just got to get the young ones...before they get all muscley and ropey. You know, like veal.

+ Reply to Thread