+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: True Vampyrs...we do exist

Default Re: True Vampyrs...we do exist

There are a lot of clubs named 'DV8' it seems - Not sure if SF's was the first but considering it's location, I wouldn't be surprised. Now THAT SF Location was amazing... at Usher's heyday, we commanded 3 of the 4 floors - (the 2nd was storage and 'stuff')

basement was dark ambient/ethereal along with a movie room and various 'chill rooms'

first floor ballroom gothic/darkwave w/mezzanine and bands

third floor hard industrial with what, about 3-4 rooms where we had vendors and a long dancefloor where we had more bands.

Eventually the big bad SF city officials decided to citywide change every club in SF to 21+. That killed it. They just wouldn't buy it that even though our half our patrons were ageless vampires, they did make it into the country to get their ID's in time to reflect their true age and they were all listed as under 21... stupid technicalities.

^o^

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

':-({
    ~ oHhhhhh,...so sorry Dude,.....

well, ~ IF? Anyone is in the "L.A." area sometime,..
    they can drop over to "Sir Nik"s' ( DV8 *version) Location...
    n' check it out too.
    ':-]

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Emotional Hardcore Punk... or something like that. It was a musical thing that moved Punk away from Politics to Emotion.

Beyond the musical meaning, "Emo Kid" is more a reference for the teen-aged kids who are "Goth Lite". Imagine all the drama of teenage Goths with all the fashion sense of a Hipster, blend with a hint of Japanese-Wanna be, and behold the evil (bring ear plugs, Emo whining has been known to pop eardrums).
    depresses me that a bunch of whiners adopted their version of punk and sodomized it until it became emo. that shit makes me ill.
    fucking whiny-ass bitches.
    i'd rather listen to death metal's unintelligible, a-melodic screaming.
    which i have to do regularly, going to brocas helm gigs. for some reason the lineup is usually *several death metal bands + 25 year metal veterans brocas helm* and they're always last so i have to sit and wait through it. last time i forgot to bring my damn cell phone. yes. i'm rude. not as rude as moshers who don't get that i don't want them ramming their bodies into me.
    the only death metal i'll listen to... actually has some musical value. *still wonders what the difference is, if any, between "hardcore" and "death/black."
    /rambling
    anyway. emo kids suck. god i'm glad i was a 90's grunge kid. *nostalgic*

vampyrdraven666's Avatar *lying in my coffin*

lol yeah, we suck. we're nothing but losers who bitch and will probalbly amount to nothing because we're too self centered.

emo is different for americans than czechs. well at least the part im from. the emos back home work as hard as possible to prove that we are something. its just our style and taste of music. too much spandex........

at least you can admit it.
    the entirety of the human race is all just a bunch of posers anyway

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    depresses me that a bunch of whiners adopted their version of punk and sodomized it until it became emo. that shit makes me ill.
    fucking whiny-ass bitches.
    i'd rather listen to death metal's unintelligible, a-melodic screaming.
    which i have to do regularly, going to brocas helm gigs. for some reason the lineup is usually *several death metal bands + 25 year metal veterans brocas helm* and they're always last so i have to sit and wait through it. last time i forgot to bring my damn cell phone. yes. i'm rude. not as rude as moshers who don't get that i don't want them ramming their bodies into me.
    the only death metal i'll listen to... actually has some musical value. *still wonders what the difference is, if any, between "hardcore" and "death/black."
    /rambling
    anyway. emo kids suck. god i'm glad i was a 90's grunge kid. *nostalgic*
    The difference between a "grunge" kid and a emo kid, is:

A emo kid is all about doom and gloom, but for some fucked up reason they seem to think they're owed something for their misery.

A "grunge" kid is all doom and gloom (back when we were young) and didn't think we'd live long enough to even get to see anything for our misery thus forgetting we were "owed" anything expect maybe a quick, painless death.

We grunge kids got the fuckin' shaft. We never even had the optimistic idea that we were owed something good. Fuckin' 90's!

Although, since we didn't expect anything but death, we took everyday on like it was a "last day of our life" fuckin' party! I have lots of dead brain cells to back up this thoery.---spelling "theory" wrong is part of the evidence.

Emo is just more proof that we are turning into a nation of pussies. American boys should want to be Clint Eastwood, not Little Lord Fauntleroy. This is exactly what happened to Greece, Rome, and more recently England...get on top then let your society become soft and corrupt. Keep it up pussy motherfuckers, and the Chinese will be our masters within 30 years. Real men aren't a bunch of cry-baby attention-seekers. I haven't cried since I was a child (maybe got a bit choked up when my babies were born, but hey...). There comes a time to put away childish things (like Emo) and step up and be a fucking MAN!

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by thegreendevil76
    Emo is just more proof that we are turning into a nation of pussies. American boys should want to be Clint Eastwood, not Little Lord Fauntleroy. This is exactly what happened to Greece, Rome, and more recently England...get on top then let your society become soft and corrupt. Keep it up pussy motherfuckers, and the Chinese will be our masters within 30 years. Real men aren't a bunch of cry-baby attention-seekers. I haven't cried since I was a child (maybe got a bit choked up when my babies were born, but hey...). There comes a time to put away childish things (like Emo) and step up and be a fucking MAN!
    Emos are actually a perfect example of why extremist Muslims think they'll kick the shit out of us. They think that all Americans are soft and whiny. THANK YOU EMOS FOR CAUSING ALL THIS SHIT!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

90's grunge kids..................I remember them.................they were dumb kids too

Bedlamite

Its alot like when there where a bunch of 16 year olds adopting Goth ways really, painting their faces clown white, whining that we older people weren't real Goths, and cutting themselves for attention.

Now them, the stupid grunge kids, and everyone else have taken the elder-sword in hand to beat he snot out of the stupid Emo kids.

Its alot like when there where a bunch of 16 year olds adopting Goth ways really, painting their faces clown white, whining that we older people weren't real Goths, and cutting themselves for attention.

Now them, the stupid grunge kids, and everyone else have taken the elder-sword in hand to beat he snot out of the stupid Emo kids.
    Good I'm not the only one who thinks the same

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Emos are actually a perfect example of why extremist Muslims think they'll kick the shit out of us. They think that all Americans are soft and whiny. THANK YOU EMOS FOR CAUSING ALL THIS SHIT!
    i think its cos the USA is portrayed outside the USA as a nation of the morbidly obese, who are too slow to run away from bombs and so big even the worst shooter with crap aim cannot miss them

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Good I'm not the only one who thinks the same
    SHHHH!! Don't tell the Goth kids. They'll get butthurt that we remember when they were slitting their wrists and proclaiming they were the seed of Satan. (Which, btw, I totally told them they weren't as loudly as I tell everyone they're not vampires.)

Dishuman's Avatar Member

hahahahahahahahahaha

You ARE a vampire. Neet.
    Let's drive a stake through his hearth.

Sign bellow if you approve this measure:

Quote Originally Posted by Dishuman
    hahahahahahahahahaha

You ARE a vampire. Neet.
    Let's drive a stake through his hearth.
    Do we need to wait for Christmas so it can be a holiday hearth or should we just fuck up the mantle as it stands, where it stands... Maybe we can get a dragon to stake it...

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    Do we need to wait for Christmas so it can be a holiday hearth or should we just fuck up the mantle as it stands, where it stands... Maybe we can get a dragon to stake it...
    haha! nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON BECAUSE OF THE EMO KIDS!

it's the circle of life in action...

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

...One quick story - We hosted probably the first or one of the first " 'Zine Slams " in the gothic/horror/fetish scenes at DV8 and I had Amelia / Blue Blood up there to speak. When they were a what was it A, a 5-10 page folded xeroxed single color paper 'pamplet' style newsletter(ish)? FFS... Didn't ANYONE video tape any of this crap? ...
    B.L.T. was actually the folded one or two color zine Amelia did. Blue Blood was a bigger glossier production. Here is a page of nostalgia from '93 for you as well: (and yeah, I guess some of us vampires are still around. )

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Holy Shit. Hey DJ Bat: What was that industrial band that played Berkeley Usher in late '93? They had this crazy setup where it seemed they were banging on garbage cans. Remember that show, albeit hazy as all hell.

Forrest: U were at The Berkeley Club once weren't u?

OEC

Emotional Hardcore Punk... or something like that. It was a musical thing that moved Punk away from Politics to Emotion.

Beyond the musical meaning, "Emo Kid" is more a reference for the teen-aged kids who are "Goth Lite". Imagine all the drama of teenage Goths with all the fashion sense of a Hipster, blend with a hint of Japanese-Wanna be, and behold the evil (bring ear plugs, Emo whining has been known to pop eardrums).
    Yeah I still reference bands like Jawbreaker when I think of emo. It's kind of funny in retrospect.

OEC

Crap - *embarrased* - yes! It was B.L.T. - see - too many white russians are bad for you mmm'kay?

And thanks Forrest! One less thing for me to scan

Now... garbage cans + 1993 = at the DV8 location.

Let me guess - ended with fire extinguishers going off? like, going off into the audience as well as the pair of $20,000 brand new leaked as prototype cyberlight intelligent lighting that the club had? Was that the band you think of?

Crap - *embarrased* - yes! It was B.L.T. - see - too many white russians are bad for you mmm'kay?

And thanks Forrest! One less thing for me to scan

Now... garbage cans + 1993 = at the DV8 location.

Let me guess - ended with fire extinguishers going off? like, going off into the audience as well as the pair of $20,000 brand new leaked as prototype cyberlight intelligent lighting that the club had? Was that the band you think of?
    yeah sounds right. Pretty hazy man. Goddamn that was one fine club though at all the locations.

OEC

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    yeah sounds right. Pretty hazy man. Goddamn that was one fine club though at all the locations.

OEC
    That would be Babyland.

Remember I was talking about all the 'stories'..... well that's one of them. A sad one as I liked Dan / Babyland - I remember interviewing with them down at KXLU years ago when I was shopping Xorcist demo tapes.

Well we book them and they play. We had warned them about their 'oil drums' due to the space was inside and not the best place for true constant flame effects. Sure enough, 5 mins after they light the cans, the place starts to smell bad... really bad - My partners are freaking out cause of the smell and keep asking them to put it out.....

.....oh boy... I know all about being an artist on stage and performing within your element and blah blah blah....

well finally Shawni goes on stage to again politely ask Dan to put the fires out - nothing personal - people are gagging - the back doors are open but it's not helping.

Well... shortly thereafter, Dan grabs a fire extinguisher that is always up there by the stage and douses each drum. (/Professionalism on.)

That's where it should of ended.

Unfortunately, being young, in the heat of the moment and, well, a trash industrial band, Dan then (/Professionalism off) turned to the audience and proceeded to unload the entire rest of the extinguisher onto the crowd of about 300+ followed by a sweep up into the CyberLights valued at $10,000 each that were just put in by the owner of the lighting company as DV8 was a test location.

Now I learned the difference between Co2 and Dry Chem extinguishers when I was in high school... earlier if I actually came across one as I could read.

This was a Dry Chem extinguisher.......

So basically, panic ensued as people flooded out onto the street with Dry Chem all over them. One person is down with respiratory distress possibly moving into cardiac arrest from a direct blast from the extinguisher.

Might of been funny for some people at the time but NO ONE who came to see the show was laughing and we certainly weren't.

Immediately after that, us owner types try and regain control. My partner however has flipped out (understandably) and has got into Dan's face screaming at him to get his shit out of our club at once and never come back, and no, you won't be getting paid, etc...

Babyland packs up fast and we hear about how "House Of Usher" sucks and we're assholes from their gig the next day or so at Berkeley Square in Berkeley. In fact it seems to be a mantra for them.... which is sad because I really liked Babyland... alot... I just was sorta caught offguard wondering how, even in the heat of performing, someone could do something so... unfortunate...

Well, yea, we didn't pay them which was a harsh thing to do, but in the end, it cost us a lot more then their pay to get the place cleaned up as it had to be done basically by a hazmat team not to mention the hundreds of additional dollars we were charged to have the CyberLights re-conditioned.

Ugh.... now since this thread is about Vampyres, I can truly say THAT SUCKED!

Babyland yeah. I don't remember all that shit though. Usually ended up in the other room. Went the opposite direction of the deathrock diet plan back then so to speak. Remember crazy shit happening. Bout all. This was just after that horrible accident on the Bay Bridge yeah? Forget her name I'm sad to say (and that of my date to Babyland for that matter) Ugh.

OEC

Yea... I believe that was Amber. May be wrong on the name - I only got the horrible summary of how she stopped to help some drunk guy in an accident. Fucked up.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    B.L.T. was actually the folded one or two color zine Amelia did. Blue Blood was a bigger glossier production. Here is a page of nostalgia from '93 for you as well: (and yeah, I guess some of us vampires are still around. )

How did this end up in the True Vampyrs thread?

I was a vampyre back then. I think. Could still be... I still age though.. working on that.. :crap:

Yea... I believe that was Amber. May be wrong on the name - I only got the horrible summary of how she stopped to help some drunk guy in an accident. Fucked up.
    yup that's the one. Dunno on the name either.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

my ex has a ton of files like that.

best weekend of my life........................................yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

Ha! Mohawk Adam! Used to buy all my Dead Kennedeys shirts from him at Smash when I was a kid.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by thegreendevil76
    Ha! Mohawk Adam! Used to buy all my Dead Kennedeys shirts from him at Smash when I was a kid.

He's in the Pacific NW now. Doing well. Hung out with him when we were last up there.

I can actually think of nothing more vampiric than the co-founder of Usher reanimating where I'm reading on the fucking internet. I don't know how I made it either. Maybe I am dead? Who knows where we really stand vis a vis mortality.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON BECAUSE OF THE EMO KIDS!
    nah, we're suicidal anyway, so give us guns and shove us on the front lines. it wont matter if WE die. lol. its better than beating the shit out of us, it's getting rid of us. X)

+ Reply to Thread