+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Were you a good kid or a bad kid?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Were you a good kid or a bad kid?

Do you think you were a good kid or a bad kid? Would your parents agree with your assessment? How about your teachers?

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Re: Were you a good kid or a bad kid?

I was the one no one noticed, so I did whatever I wanted and, well, no one noticed.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Pretty sure I was the bad kid. I got in shit for everything. Even shit I didn't even do.I was always in detention in school, or getting suspended, and my mom kicked me out of the house when I was 16. That was more a mutual thing though, I wanted to leave.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I was a horrible, rotten kid............and I did a lot of stupid things too

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    Pretty sure I was the bad kid. I got in shit for everything. Even shit I didn't even do.I was always in detention in school, or getting suspended, and my mom kicked me out of the house when I was 16. That was more a mutual thing though, I wanted to leave.
    more spanking would have helped...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    more spanking would have helped...

I don't know if you are flirting or serious, so I'm just going to take this opportunity to point out that spanking teaches kids to better lie and better avoid detection and it teaches them shame, but it does not teach them to behave better and it does not teach them right vs. wrong and it does not teach them genuine remorse for wrong-doing. And it does not assist them in getting along better with their parents.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I don't know if you are flirting or serious, so I'm just going to take this opportunity to point out that spanking teaches kids to better lie and better avoid detection and it teaches them shame, but it does not teach them to behave better and it does not teach them right vs. wrong and it does not teach them genuine remorse for wrong-doing. And it does not assist them in getting along better with their parents.
    you got me... it was a lame cyber flirt attempt...

Bedlamite

I was a great kid, but one of those ones that would be on Ritalin today. I played with blocks at nap time, read too many books, and was far too clever with adults.

I also never had much of a chance to be a hellion, any bad reputation I had was caused by my mother being one of those mother's that made everyone's life miserable.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    This is all so very true. I had my share of wooden spoons and leather belts when I was a kid, and I can't say that it helped one bit.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Hey, I got spanked all the time and I turned out.... good point. Either way, it wasn't like I had anything to take away when I did something bad.

Iggyisdead's Avatar boo-urns

I was a good kid up until my parents divorced. Then I got all morose and tended to act out through my poor grades and mouthing off to teachers and other incompetent figures of authority. I barely made it out of high school on time, but when I got to college I had a 3.7 average. I was still very much a "wild child" though. In fact, I am the reason for all the grey hairs on my mothers head.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

my answer is far too complicated, so i'll just say this: I was a very quiet kid.

babyswitchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

I think that for the most part I was a good kid... I mean, my parents did a pretty good job of raising me and my brothers and I have no complaints...

I do know however, that I was an argumentative, last-word-freak, foul-mouthed, aggressive and occasionally violent child when things didn't go my way.

Although I have no recollection, I apparently scratched my nails down some kid's face at preschool, to my mother's horror (and the mother of my victim and my victim too, obviously), and also hit my 'friend' with a cricket bat while on Summer holidays with my family. Her family lived next door to our holiday house, she scribbled on something I let her play with, and I didn't like it. So she copped a cricket bat in the guts.

I also punched a boy in the kidney in year 5 and made him cry because he beat me to the computer during free time.

But, I like to think, despite those things, I was a decent child....

kclark's Avatar Junior Member

I was a good kid, but Amelia & Forrest ruined it, stripping me of all the wholesome potential inherent in American children everywhere...I still have weekly therapy sessions where I often cry and curl up in the fetal position.

I was 15 years old, in Union Station in DC, just getting off the bus from Kansas in my Converse high-tops, well-trimmed mullet, and Bugle Boy shorts when they sprang their insidious trap. Amelia seemed like a nice lady; offered me cigarettes, candy, and a basket full of puppies - *if* I would follow her back to her house and pose for some "modeling shots".

I was young....I *needed* the money.

Luckily, before I could drink the funny smelling and slightly green fizzy "Root Beer Float" Amelia offered, Twisted and (Red) Steve showed up unexpectedly. Scott was wearing fairy wings, an afro wig, and ballet slippers. Steve was dressed like a Catholic nun with a large strap-on phallus. I was so scared I jumped through nearest window and ran. I had nightmares for months after that, as well as a condition my therapist could only describe as "psychosomatic rectal bleeding".

3 years later, I came back willingly after seeing a picture of Sarah. There were no cigarettes, candy, or puppies...but by then I was a hollow, burned-out shell of my former self...haunted by traumatic images of what I had previously seen and ready to trade my former innocence for all the BLTs I could carry back home and use to subvert my high school peers into a spiraling pattern of decay similar to what I had experienced.

It *is* true, the abused go on to become the abusers...

-but I'm still nowhere NEAR as fucked up as that kid who thinks he's a "vampyr".
    Love,
    Kevin

PS. THANKS FOR STEALING MY YOUTH!

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i was a weird kid

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I think I was a good kid whom adults didn't really know how to deal with. My mode of trouble was usually related to questioning authority and being vocal about being patronized or otherwise annoyed.

Not much has changed.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    took the words right out of my mouth. i'm the black sheep, but i found a herd of other black sheep to hang out with.

~K

I was pretty horrible. Shunted from school to school, class to class, got official guidance for difficult-to-raise children from the pediological institute and all such crap.

In retrospect you'd think I made a pretty interesting kid, but I was really quite dull; not so much concerned with antagonising authorities and peers as merely comfortably oblivious.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i was the kid who was good enough to get away with just about anything. and i sure as hell tried just about everything! i was a twisted little brat.

I was rather odd kid. I was never a bad kid, but I did got in my fair share of trouble and would never do any chore without putting up a argue. Usually I get yelled at for some stupid pranks that I did. Beside that I was a pretty good kid who usually either spend lot of time reading or away from home.

Despite of being a average "C" student just because I'm too lazy to work hard, the teachers love me and always tell my mom about how good I am and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I; not so much concerned with antagonising authorities and peers as merely comfortably oblivious.
    hahaha. I was the opposite of that, I was definitely uncomfortably oblivious.

I'd be sitting there minding my own business, thinking whatever deranged thoughts I'd be thinking, and suddenly I'd realize that there were sounds coming from the outside world, and I'd have to figure out how to silence them.

If I'd grown up now they would have carted me off long ago. They almost did anyway, but this was in the days before kids started blowing away other kids.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Well, I think I was a bad kid. As a little kid, I didn't listen to my mom too often, I was loud, and wild, ran around as obnoxious a kid could get, I talked back, but I was really spoiled, had all the nice 80s toys a kid could want. My mom even slapped me across my face before and I got spanked plenty of times for my behavior. As I got older, junior high/high school I calmed down a lot, got pretty quiet, listened to my mom for the most part, although I still talked back and made my grandma cry a few times. The only thing I got into trouble for in school was for laughing in class, only served a few detentions for that though. Sadly, I was the good child.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

A little of both.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i was such a good kid, it's stupid. i was quiet, well behaved, polite, did my school work until high school and i always got good grades.
    i wish i had been a bit worse and thought for myself a bit more, then maybe i wouldn't have some of the problems i have now. :/

I was good I think, the only bad thing I did was start a few fires. I used to like starting fires!

I was a 'spirited' child. As far as teachers were concerned, I was like Marmite. You loved me or hated me.
    On a slightly more serious note, I didn't realise until much later that I was suffering depression a lot of my high-school years which went largely unnoticed and put down to 'hormones'...not sure how I would have been had it been managed properly but hell, I could have been a lot worse, and a lot worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    I was the one no one noticed, so I did whatever I wanted and, well, no one noticed.
    I was the same way till I got into the punk scene. Then everyone assumed I was doing awful things, even my parents. I wasn't into drugs or alcohol like my bother but I was the black sheep of the family because of the way I dressed and cut my hair. I was in AP and honors class, won awards for my art, but was still a disgrace to my family because of how I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    I was the same way till I got into the punk scene. Then everyone assumed I was doing awful things, even my parents. I wasn't into drugs or alcohol like my bother but I was the black sheep of the family because of the way I dressed and cut my hair. I was in AP and honors class, won awards for my art, but was still a disgrace to my family because of how I looked.
    How do they feel about you similar to your brother now?

I was in similar situation but more because I wasn't exactly a family type person and rather to be lone or doing stuff with ROTC most of the time. So they consider me a disgrace for a long time. Especially with my sister wanting to be a doctor, they did stuff like giving her a brand new car, pay for her dancing class, pay for her missionary trip to Africa, and all other stuff.

Funny thing is now my sis is almost 19 and had broke off engage, drop out of paramedic school, cannot keep a job, and living with my parents.
    Me on other hand... I moved out when I was eighteen and never moved back in and have always done very well in my sport (will be fighting professionally soon), have always attended college, and now I'm working on starting my own business.

I'm sure many of you guys here have similar experience and I'd love to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    How do they feel about you similar to your brother now?

I was in similar situation but more because I wasn't exactly a family type person and rather to be lone or doing stuff with ROTC most of the time. So they consider me a disgrace for a long time. Especially with my sister wanting to be a doctor, they did stuff like giving her a brand new car, pay for her dancing class, pay for her missionary trip to Africa, and all other stuff.

Funny thing is now my sis is almost 19 and had broke off engage, drop out of paramedic school, cannot keep a job, and living with my parents.
    Me on other hand... I moved out when I was eighteen and never moved back in and have always done very well in my sport (will be fighting professionally soon), have always attended college, and now I'm working on starting my own business.

I'm sure many of you guys here have similar experience and I'd love to hear them.
    My parents are now both proud of me and my brother since we are both doing well in college. I've stopped shaving my head and now I wear nice clothes when I go to see them so they don't harass me about that anymore. I used to have the mentality when I was younger that I shouldn't have to change the way I look to please anyone but really all the fighting wasn't worth it to me. I'd rather have a decent relationship with my parents than worry about how I look.

Conformist.

Chiqadee's Avatar Member

I was a very bad kid.....I don't even want to discuss how bad I was. I was very bad and very smart. Bad combination.

and your little dog too

i talked back but i didn't act out

+ Reply to Thread