+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fng

Default Fng

Hello everyone...I am the FNG. Love the site, you guys have great topics for conversation and a pretty damn good sense of humor (and the pics aren't too bad either!). I was a punk rocker and later a skin in my younger days, but I have been removed from any real "scene" for so long I just kinda look like a square. I am still into punk, Oi!, ska/reggae, etc.

Recently went to Orlando for some training and we ended up at a Goth club up there. The girls were tons of fun, but the guys just lurked around in the corners moping and looking somber. I think they were pissed that the "quiet cool" routine wasn't working and shot me all kinds of dirty looks while I did the robot and the Batusi all around their crypt. I guess my point is that I'm out to have a good time and people who take themselves too seriously should do us all a favor and jump already. Oh yeah and why were there so many evil goth dudes in the Sunshine State?

Default Re: Fng

Hi.
    The scene isn't real.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Florida goths took a pretty hilarious beating on SNL's "Goth Talk" bit w/Jeff Golblum.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

sweet. what are some bands that you like? I listen to the Neurotics a lot.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hi. I think a good sense of humor is key. I like people who can just act ridiculous and laugh at themselves.

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

Florida and gothic culture/subculture did NOT mesh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    sweet. what are some bands that you like? I listen to the Neurotics a lot.
    I like the old 70's/80's streetpunk/Oi! stuff... Blitz, Cockney Rejects, Business, etc. Some hardcore...Minor Threat, Iron Cross, Bad Brains (hey, I'm a DC boy), Slap Shot, Gang Green, Ag Front, Cro-Mags, Blood For Blood, Skarhead, etc. I also like old ska and reggae like Desmond Decker, Toots, Etc. Some 2Tone ska makes it into the old iPod, too. Love old soul (Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding). I'll pretty much listen to anything, but the greatest band in the world is The Macc Lads!!

+ Reply to Thread