+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virginia tech decapitation

Default Virginia tech decapitation

What the fuck

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481406,00.html

BLACKSBURG, Virginia — Alone and in a new country, graduate student Xin Yang reached out to other Chinese students at Virginia Tech when she arrived two weeks ago, trying to establish her life on campus.

She went to social events with international students, got in touch with the campus center that works to help them adjust and appeared to be making friends as she settled into her accounting program, those who had met her said.

But one of the friendships may have led to her death: Police say she was decapitated with a kitchen knife while having coffee with a Chinese doctoral student in a campus cafe Wednesday night.

The killing stunned a campus that still has vivid memories of the mass slayings in April 2007, when a student gunman shot 32 people and then took his own life. The stabbing was the first slaying on campus since then.

"An act of violence like this brings back memories of April 16," university President Charles Steger said. "I have no doubt that many of us feel especially distraught."

It appeared Yang had met her accused attacker, 25-year-old Haiyang Zhu of Ningbo, China, only recently, said Kim Beisecker, the director of Cranwell International Center, which works with international students. Zhu, a doctoral student in agricultural and applied economics, had been assisting her in adjusting to life at Tech, something the 500 Chinese students often do for new members in their community, she said. They both attended functions for international students, she said.

"She was a very sweet young woman," she said. "He was known as a polite young man."

Though they apparently didn't know each other well, school records listed Zhu as one of her emergency contacts. Beisecker said that may have been because Yang knew few people on campus.

"As best we know, she had made a fair number of friends, but only in the last week," Beisecker said.

What led to the attack is also a mystery: About seven other people who were in the coffee shop told police that the two hadn't been arguing before the attack. Beisecker said there hadn't been previous signs of trouble between them.

Police received two 911 calls shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday, and were on the scene in a little more than a minute to take Zhu into custody, Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said.

Zhu was charged with first-degree murder and was being held without bond at the Montgomery County Jail. His attorney, Stephanie Cox, did not return a call seeking comment Thursday.

Classes were held as usual Thursday and the sprawling 2,600-acre campus appeared normal, with students skateboarding, talking on cell phones and chatting with friends.

Tasha Lockhart, a sophomore from Ocean City, Md., went to her biology class in the Graduate Life Center's auditorium Thursday afternoon. She said she felt "a little bit" wary. Her instructor told students to be aware of exits that were away from the main entrance in case of trouble, she said.

After the arrest, a campus alert system put in place after the mass shootings by Seung-Hui Cho in 2007 sent out messages to 30,000 subscribers by e-mail, text messages and telephone voice mails Wednesday night, University spokesman Larry Hinckler said.

Because a suspect was in custody, the messages were sent out as notifications rather than as emergency alerts, he said. He said 60,000 messages were sent in about a half hour.

The school offered counseling to students, faculty and staff, and officials contacted students who were injured in the mass shootings as well as the families of victims.

"It was a very retraumatizing kind of experience," said Debbie Day, director of the Office of Recovery and Support.

Default Re: Virginia tech decapitation

Yeah, wtf IS up with the chinese and decapitations?

That juggalo that got his head cut off on that greyhound bus last year got chopped by a chinese dude who just did it. No warning, no nothing they say. Just chopped a mother fucker's head off. Chop, chop.

Kind of makes me reconsider my close associations with some of the chinese I know, and chinatown hang outs.

WTF? This story is so messed up in many way...

First of all, why the hell do Virginia Tech always have some sort of criminal like this happening?! Why do it have to be Virginia Tech? Is it something in the water or what?

Second of all... this girl have been there only a few weeks and still didnt know many people? That is just downright pathetic!
    If you choose to be out of the country then most important thing is to try get know to a couple people at least! Even someone who work at a coffee shop or gas store on corner or something like that is good. That way if you ever run into trouble or something, you have some sort of safe heaven and bond with someone.
    Secondly if you want to be a foreign student then you HAVE to socialize and meet people and stuff. You cannot just lock yourself in your room and shut yourself away from the world.
    Thirdly, she made a huge mistake of putting too much trust and end up relying on one person. If she'd try to go out and get know to more people and the area then she would be more independent and possibly avoid such fate.

There should be some kind of test to see how student would do in other country before sending them off. Just being a book smart and straight "A" student doesn't mean you'd be ok out of your element!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy

First of all, why the hell do Virginia Tech always have some sort of criminal like this happening?! Why do it have to be Virginia Tech? Is it something in the water or what?

Second of all... this girl have been there only a few weeks and still didnt know many people? That is just downright pathetic!
    If you choose to be out of the country then most important thing is to try get know to a couple people at least! Even someone who work at a coffee shop or gas store on corner or something like that is good. That way if you ever run into trouble or something, you have some sort of safe heaven and bond with someone.
    Secondly if you want to be a foreign student then you HAVE to socialize and meet people and stuff. You cannot just lock yourself in your room and shut yourself away from the world.
    Thirdly, she made a huge mistake of putting too much trust and end up relying on one person. If she'd try to go out and get know to more people and the area then she would be more independent and possibly avoid such fate.

There should be some kind of test to see how student would do in other country before sending them off. Just being a book smart and straight "A" student doesn't mean you'd be ok out of your element!
    huh?

He did this in a public place filled with people. He didn't isolate her so he could do it, he did it at a coffee shop, with plenty of witnesses.

She was just getting to know people, and had started to make friends, so she was beginning to expand her social circle. Sounds like she was a very social person.

Read the article again, he did this out of nowhere.

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

I'm pretty sure the article said that she was trying various different ways to meet new people, including campus organizations. I don't think you can blame a decapitation on lack of social finesse. Seriously, that isn't something one expects out of a new friend, "polite young man" or otherwise

Oop my bad. I didn't read everything closely, I skimmed through it. I just saw "having a coffee with doctoral student" and skip the last few words since I assumed it to stated a dorm room name or something.

Thank you FB and Janica for pointing out my error.

Btw I wonder why the hell didnt other people tried to stop him from decapitating the girl? Do any one know why no body tried to stop this?

While munching on your subway sandwich I assume turning and seeing a chinese guy cutting a girls head off with a butchur knife would be a bit out of the norm.

"lollol then I said panzer tanks? more like panzy ta...WHAT THE FUCK"

Depends on how long it took this to happen too I believe.

Well from what I am aware of, it isnt exactly easy to decapitation someone. In fact I'd even go out on limb and say it is pretty hard to do such thing especially if someone will most likely squirms and try to get away and you don't have proper knife.

When Al Quadia started to sending in their decapitation movie, all of their victims were bounded up and blindfolded and has been weaken by hungriness, thristness, and stresses. It still took them a good moment or so to do it. So I'm sure it'd take longer to pull it off on someone who isnt tied down and will squirms and try to get away. Also blood will just make thing even harder.

So that's why I am surprised that no one tried to put end to anything.

I lived/worked/went to school up there for ten years. It is a nice little town, but it is the epicenter for a lot of crazy shit. In this case they were just sitting at the Au Bon Pain in the Donaldson Brown Center (it used to be the hotel/conference center, but is now the "Graduate Life Center" which I guess means it houses on-campus grad students). He reached across the table and stabbed her in the throat then stuck her a few more times (I understand she had some defensive wounds to her arms/hands). Then as the witnesses looked, on he sawed off her head with a 4" kitchen knife. When the first responding officer arrived he was tossing the head into the air. Now THAT is a person who is clearly out of his tree. Cutting the head off a person would be very hard, especially with a kitchen knife.

I guess the witnesses didn't realize what was happening right away...they thought she was having a seizure or something

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

chinese people are fucked up in virginia.

The S. Korean guy shot 57 people there last year...so maybe it's Asians in VA are fucked up?

Quote Originally Posted by thegreendevil76
    I lived/worked/went to school up there for ten years. It is a nice little town, but it is the epicenter for a lot of crazy shit. In this case they were just sitting at the Au Bon Pain in the Donaldson Brown Center (it used to be the hotel/conference center, but is now the "Graduate Life Center" which I guess means it houses on-campus grad students). He reached across the table and stabbed her in the throat then stuck her a few more times (I understand she had some defensive wounds to her arms/hands). Then as the witnesses looked, on he sawed off her head with a 4" kitchen knife. When the first responding officer arrived he was tossing the head into the air. Now THAT is a person who is clearly out of his tree. Cutting the head off a person would be very hard, especially with a kitchen knife.
    Thanks for more infos on the whole thing. So was he in front of her or behind her? I'm surprise he accomplished this with a 4" kitchen knife so quickly. That guy must be on PCP or something to pull such thing off.

Btw I wonder why the hell didnt other people tried to stop him from decapitating the girl? Do any one know why no body tried to stop this?
    That's a pretty common response to situations like this, I often wonder it myself.

I think it comes down to perception, and awareness. Because of how and where I was raised I might notice some one pulling a large knife out of a bag, but depending on how fast he was I might not be able to get there in time...

I would definitely notice an argument, or an escalation leading up to violence, but this apparently had nothing like that. It was just out of the blue, with no warning.

Attacks like that are fucking scary. There's very little you can do to anticipate them. Eye contact, someone staring at me, or someone else, changes in breathing sure, but out of nowhere?

Like VT says, you're eating your muffin, and suddenly there's arterial spray all over your crossword puzzle.

I once read an article by a guy who'd suffered an attack like this.

He said that he was sitting there at a coffee shop with his girlfriend when suddenly she fell off her stool, and he felt someone punch him in the back, and he fell to the ground.

What he didn't know was that he had been stabbed by a bayonet that some crazy fucker had just plunged into his back, and his girlfriend's.

The guy apparently stabbed 7 other people, and had approached the writer on his blind side, having entered the coffee shop by a side door behind him. Witnesses said they didn't see a knife, the attacker just ran into the coffee shop hit a couple of people and ran out the front door in couple of seconds.

The writer explained that people always asked him why he didn't fight back, he said there wasn't any time. His body went into shock from the wound which was about 6 inches deep, which is why he was on the ground before he even registered what had happened.

It sounds like people in the incident at the V-Tech coffee shop DID respond quickly as there were police there within minutes. Dude must have been pretty fast, and had a really sharp knife though.

Thanks for more infos on the whole thing. So was he in front of her or behind her? I'm surprise he accomplished this with a 4" kitchen knife so quickly. That guy must be on PCP or something to pull such thing off.
    If the knife was REALLY sharp, and dude knew his way around meat (maybe he worked in a kitchen?) it could happen.

You bring up a very interesting point FB.

Yeah that guy must be really fast, it still amaze me that he accomplish this with a 4" kitchen knife. Only way I can see him knowing his way around meat is if he has worked as a butcher. But then adding something that move and squirms, it add whole new difficult to this task.

In fact I almost want to say this whole story is absurd but... I know it isn't. I just find it way too bizarre and hard to believe that such thing happened. But... I guess fact is stranger than fiction.

I guess I am just a very observing person and always take notice to any quick move around me or watch anyone who move toward me because I'm deaf. So that could be why I am surprise no one really know what was happening until it was too late.

I doubt drugs were involved, just a lot of craziness. You never know what is going on inside a persons twisted little mind. This dude, William Morva, that used to walk around Blacksburg all the time wearing shorts, a sport coat, and no shoes killed two people I know. He just seemed like a weird hippy-dippy kid, but one night he got arrested for trying to rob a convenience store. Months later, he had a minor injury in jail and was transported to the hospital. While there he jumped the Deputy that was guarding him (rookie..made a bad mistake), beat him unconscious then took his gun. An unarmed hospital security guard named Derrick (who was a nice young guy with kids) tried to help the deputy and Morva shot him in the face, killing him. After he fled the hospital he fled along a bike trail. During the manhunt he ambushed and killed another Deputy (Eric Sutphin). Morva just got sentenced to death and I intend to be outside the prison gate when they turn out his lights. That all happened on the first day of classes in the same academic year that Cho shot all those people in Norris Hall.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    ....had been assisting her in adjusting to life at Tech
    ...."He was known as a polite young man."
    ....one of her emergency contacts.
    hardly. what a cretin. he should be put down.

In VA, he probably will be. They fry almost as many people as TX

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

surprisingly... with a sharp knife and a little upper body strength you can remove someones head quite fast...

Thread needs pics.

Also:
    The killing stunned a campus that still has vivid memories of the mass slayings in April 2007, when a student gunman shot 32 people and then took his own life. The stabbing was the first slaying on campus since then.
    I guess no steak dinners for everyone this year. Let's try and do better for O-10?

The S. Korean guy shot 57 people there last year...so maybe it's Asians in VA are fucked up?
    or maybe its that you can't identify sarcasm when you see it. save your PC crap for someone who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    or maybe its that you can't identify sarcasm when you see it. save your PC crap for someone who cares.
    Who, me? PC? Wow that's not something I'm usually accused of...just wanted to make sure we included the other wacky Asians with the crazy heathen chinamen. Or maybe I'm not the one who has trouble recognizing sarcasm.

Who, me? PC? Wow that's not something I'm usually accused of...just wanted to make sure we included the other wacky Asians with the crazy heathen chinamen. Or maybe I'm not the one who has trouble recognizing sarcasm.
    uh, "chinamen" is not the preferred nomenclature dude.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    asian american is the preferred nomenclature dude...

but at least my Pomeranian has papers...

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    chinese people are fucked up in virginia.
    everyone is fucked up in VA.... i used to live there. D:
    i knew someone who went to VT, too. but he quit a long time ago. he's a douche.

Yeah, I know...that was more sarcasm. I'm pretty sure they don't like being called Orientals anymore either!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    asian american is the preferred nomenclature dude...

but at least my Pomeranian has papers...

(See posting above)

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    everyone is fucked up in VA.... i used to live there. D:
    i knew someone who went to VT, too. but he quit a long time ago. he's a douche.
    Yeah there are a lot of douches there. Many of whom don't get the irony when they encourage eachother to "go Greek", then engage in some not so latent homoerotic activities (ask a fratboy what the Elephant Walk is and see if he blushes...you'll see the truth in his eyes! ), then cover up their strange new feelings for one another through date ****. They are the same souless douches who go to work in the world of finance...and we've seen the results of that.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hahaha.....that was my first thought.

Yeah there are a lot of douches there. Many of whom don't get the irony when they encourage eachother to "go Greek", then engage in some not so latent homoerotic activities (ask a fratboy what the Elephant Walk is and see if he blushes...you'll see the truth in his eyes! ), then cover up their strange new feelings for one another through date ****. They are the same souless douches who go to work in the world of finance...and we've seen the results of that.
    word. he was totally one of those type of guys... except... we're all pretty sure he's actually gay. so a gay republican capitalist douche... in VA...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

He did it, so it is obviously "possible" to do...

The main reason people don't do anything, is because most people are totally in shock, with their mouths hanging open. Besides, even if you did realize what was happening, do most people really want to get in a fight with a guy who just cut off someone's head? If you saw some homeless guy chopping off some other homeless guy's head, would you run in there and start fighting with the same guy? Or would you hesitate, knowing you might be the next one to get decapitated by this crazy motherfucker?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Don't you need a permit to cut off an Asian's head in VT? I think this dude's gonna be in alot of trouble. The ticket's going to be Prreetttyyy steep. He should have just done it in Alabama. You can do all kind of things to minority's there and nobody bats an eye.

that would be virginia, not vermont. VT = Virginia Tech. confusing, i guess...
    you can get away with quite a bit in virginia, i'd think. they're still a bit backwards there despite the population boom. asian americans are very much in the minority out there.

Oddly, Virginia is one of the most beautiful state I've ever been to.However noticing how empty vast of Virginia is. I can't help it but wondering if it have any impact on Asians who tend to live in such tight knitted group and have almost no personal space for most of their life.

it is really pretty there, except for the really developed areas. i've never been to the virginia tech area, so i don't know what that's like.
    i actually kind of miss the summers, humid as they are. i miss the wildflowers and fireflies.... *-*

I've only been to Arlington, Richmond, and tiny city call Danville and few others. I used to live in Washington D.C. for about a year. So I have been to part of Virginia.

It was a great change of scene for me because I used to live in Las Vegas where pretty much all houses are cookie cutter design and boring. So even "developed area" was nice unless I'm thinking of wrong one.

I miss fireflies too, I would never forget the first time I saw them. I keep assuming someone was trying to play a prank on me with firework until a friend told me they're fireflies.

I am not sure if I've ever been anywhere close to Virginia Tech area so I cannot tell.

Oddly, Virginia is one of the most beautiful state I've ever been to.
    the carolinas and deep south are far more beautiful.oklahoma and arkansas are stunning, but I'd never want to live there.

that would be virginia, not vermont. VT = Virginia Tech. confusing, i guess...
    you can get away with quite a bit in virginia, i'd think. they're still a bit backwards there despite the population boom. asian americans are very much in the minority out there.
    Asians are a minority in SW VA (where Virginia Tech is), but there are a lot in the immediate Blacksburg area because of the school. In Northern VA there are tons of Asians. Annandale is affectionately known as K-town because of all the Koreans. There are lots of shopping centers there where all the signs are in Korean, even real estate signs on the side of the road. Also lots of Vietnamese, Cambodian, etc. I read that the guy who shot the VC suspect in the head (very famous picture/video from Vietnam war) settled somewhere right up there after the war. My neighbor across the street was a Vietnamese soldier who came here as a refugee. Plenty of good Asian markets and great restaurants...not like here in FL where you can get better Chinese food from the freezer section at the grocery store .

it is really pretty there, except for the really developed areas. i've never been to the virginia tech area, so i don't know what that's like.
    i actually kind of miss the summers, humid as they are. i miss the wildflowers and fireflies.... *-*
    Yeah, some areas pretty much suck...like Newport News (home of Michael Vick). However, the VA mountains are just great. The areas around Blacksburg are fantastic and the climate is far more mild than in eastern VA. I miss the mountains and swimming and conoeing down the New River. Everything in FL is flat as a pancake and there are alligators in the fresh water (no swimming) and sharks in the sea (careful swimming). I guess trading the mountains and winters for the beach and great weather is still worthwhile, but I'm going to have to head back up there in the spring.

+ Reply to Thread