+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Busted for "puss piercing"

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Default Busted for "puss piercing"

No... sorry not an erotic topic. It wasn't hard to fool you though

Woman charged over 'gothic kittens' smh

An American woman who marketed "gothic kittens" with ear, neck and tail piercings over the internet has been charged with animal cruelty and conspiracy.

... she will plead not guilty, and that she didn't see any difference between piercing a cat and piercing a human.

....a vice president for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the group that alerted authorities, called the piercings "barbaric".
    "There's no excuse for inflicting such pain on an animal that's the size of your palm,"

Is this an out of proportion whinge by PETA nuts or is this a fair response to prevent animal cruelty? My opinion is that if it:
    • causes no more pain than getting your ears pierced or is done under anaesthetic with no lasting pain
    • is hygenically done and appropriate care given ongoing
    • causes no impediment or lasting discomfort
    then it's OK even if it is nothing much more than a vanity, ego or control thing by the kitty's owner. I wouldn't do it to one myself though.

Otherwise it's not OK at all.

Don't they staple or tag all sorts of animals already?

Default Re: Busted for "puss piercing"

I tend to disagree with PETA and find them to be ridiculous. However in this case, I am on their side.

You may pierce animal to tag them but... that is usually done with big animals such as cow or specific type of tag that is safe for animals. Occassionally tattoo is done but that have been replace with microchip.

As for what this woman was doing, she was basically doing it for no good reason and just for her own desire. She just want to have a pierced cat. The problem is... cats are very active animals that often like to play rough or get in fight with others or crawls through tight space and other things. So this just put cat in even bigger risk of getting seriously injuried. Plus cat's ears are much thinner compare to human's so it isn't designed to support such weight.

In my opinion, it's also just wrong to do things to someone or a pet under your care that would hurt them in any way that wouldn't benefit them at all. In this case, piercing won't benefit the cat at all. So this woman have no ground to argue that it is any sort of benefit to the cat.

I don't really know a lot about piercing (I'm perfectly happy with the number of holes I was born with) so I don't know how much it hurts. However, it can't be a whole lot worse for the cats than say, spaying/neutering, ID tattoos, declawing (in fact that's probably a whole fucking lot WORSE than piercing), tail docking, ear cropping, etc. Especially since a lot of the things done to animals are done only for looks (docking/cropping) or human convenience (declawing) and are really not a lot different than piercing a cat's ears, except that there is probably not nearly as much lasting pain or recovery time for the piercing. I've seen animals that have been quite literally tortured and the penalties are so weak that it's hardly worth charging the offender (better to beat/starve them than send them to court).

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    I tend to disagree with PETA and find them to be ridiculous. However in this case, I am on their side.

You may pierce animal to tag them but... that is usually done with big animals such as cow or specific type of tag that is safe for animals. Occassionally tattoo is done but that have been replace with microchip.

As for what this woman was doing, she was basically doing it for no good reason and just for her own desire. She just want to have a pierced cat. The problem is... cats are very active animals that often like to play rough or get in fight with others or crawls through tight space and other things. So this just put cat in even bigger risk of getting seriously injuried. Plus cat's ears are much thinner compare to human's so it isn't designed to support such weight.

In my opinion, it's also just wrong to do things to someone or a pet under your care that would hurt them in any way that wouldn't benefit them at all. In this case, piercing won't benefit the cat at all. So this woman have no ground to argue that it is any sort of benefit to the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i'll say it again - this is so wrong. poor kitty D:
    and.... um... what everyone else said.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

When i was younger, i pierced my cats ear as a kitten.
    I dont think she knew it was even there, she never freaked out and tried to rip it off or anything.

I see no problem with it, if the animal isnt freaking out over it or not.
    And if your going to do make sure you do it safely.

The put fucking rings through a bulls nose, which i think the bull would laugh at a kitty getting its ear pierced.

lol.
    my opinion.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by ROGIZOID
    When i was younger, i pierced my cats ear as a kitten.
    I dont think she knew it was even there, she never freaked out and tried to rip it off or anything.

I see no problem with it, if the animal isnt freaking out over it or not.
    And if your going to do make sure you do it safely.

The put fucking rings through a bulls nose, which i think the bull would laugh at a kitty getting its ear pierced.

lol.
    my opinion.
    Have you ever tried to lead a bull?

No?

I see why you dont understand the use of a bull ring. It has a purpose.

Piercings in cats ears, tails and necks? Not so much.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

it reminds me of the mexican's how they pierce their baby girls ears that was definatly non consenting

It seems to be related to the fashion or whatever of the pet owner and the animal has to comply. I once went to a commune where the drips there were making their dogs be vegetarian. wtf? I hate communes.

+ Reply to Thread